I am praying for you, cousin. Small Update.

I just found out horrible news about my cousin
frown.gif

First of all, she's the first one in her our line of cousins to both go to college, and graduate. She got engaged this past April, and graduated this pastmay, along with her fiance. They are scheduled to get married either next year or 2010. She's one of the most loving people I know, and we used to spend agood time together.

So today, my mom told me this is strictly confidential, that she has severe cancer. It's in her ovaries, and I believe the cancer has already spread, sothey said it's critical condition. I am in complete shock right now, and I'm just praying for her that some miracle happens. I am not sure when, butshe's having surgery soon. She is the only child of my auntie and uncle, and she is look highly upon for being the person she is. Why does bad thingshappen to great people? I'm depressed. I love you so much cousin... please make it through this. Cancer is such an evil thing.

NT, please please please never take your family and friends for granted. You never know what can happen one day.

Update: Thanks for all the replies. God Bless y'all. She is having surgery next week. They actually don't know if it's her uterus or her ovaries.The doctor said it's pretty bad, and then she asked the doctor, "Am I going to die?"... and the doctor just said "We'll do the best wecan"
frown.gif

She's in my prayers man.

I know the feeling, my Grandmother from my Mother's side died earlier this year because of cancer.

and my Grandmother from my Father's side died last Sunday because she was really ill. I too was extremely depressed when I heard the news.

And again everything will be better man. Keep the faith.

damn i'm sorry about that.
i was on some meds a few yrs ago because they found a cyst in my ovaries.
she's definitely in my prayers.
crazy how these things happen to good people.
frown.gif

Sorry to hear that man...hope everything turns out alright

keep your head up

This is very sad to hear, and your cousin is in my prayers. Cancer is a horrible thing and the thing about it is that it can be there without you ever knowing.I ask myself sometimes why people with alot going for them have to die but its one of those things were you never know and its the tragic part of life.

Be with your cousin in her time of need and hopefully a higher force in this existence will hear you and your family's prayers. I wish you, your family andespecially your cousin the best.

Thanks all. It's so hard because the family over here, we have gatherings nearly every week, and I see her almost every week. She used to take me outsometimes when I first moved here, because I was a sophomore in high school, and she was a senior in high school, and she even gave me my first job, to workwith her at the daycare... she is also an important person in my life... and I already lost my grandma this past summer. I can't fathom this right now.

Originally Posted by FL0ETiCNOSTALGiA

frown.gif

You're very lucky that they caught it before it could have turned bad. So is your cyst gone now??

She will be in my prayers tonite. My father died suddenly when I was 11, so I can relate. But it all works out, keep ya head up.

Damn man, that sounds very unfortunate. Cancer can just strike anybody. I hope she gets through the treatments man. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Originally Posted by Da XpLiCiT OnE

Thanks all. It's so hard because the family over here, we have gatherings nearly every week, and I see her almost every week. She used to take me out sometimes when I first moved here, because I was a sophomore in high school, and she was a senior in high school, and she even gave me my first job, to work with her at the daycare... she is also an important person in my life... and I already lost my grandma this past summer. I can't fathom this right now.

frown.gif

You're very lucky that they caught it before it could have turned bad. So is your cyst gone now??
yea they did some tests. said it was still small...put me on heavy meds for a couple of weeks just for the pain (it was the worst pain...sharppains in the stomach to the point where i couldn't move my whole body), then switched me to birth control. the pill works wonders...actually helps makeovarian cysts smaller.

Sorry to hear man.. I'll tell Buddha, maybe he can work something out.

I'll have her in my prayers. I'm gon' burn her some yellow sticks tonight (You asian people knowwhat i mean).

Thanks again.

Originally Posted by Da XpLiCiT OnE

Thanks all. It's so hard because the family over here, we have gatherings nearly every week, and I see her almost every week. She used to take me out sometimes when I first moved here, because I was a sophomore in high school, and she was a senior in high school, and she even gave me my first job, to work with her at the daycare... she is also an important person in my life... and I already lost my grandma this past summer. I can't fathom this right now.

frown.gif

yea they did some tests. said it was still small...put me on heavy meds for a couple of weeks just for the pain (it was the worst pain...sharp pains in the stomach to the point where i couldn't move my whole body), then switched me to birth control. the pill works wonders...actually helps make ovarian cysts smaller.

I'm glad they were able to take that horrible thing out. Crazy how BC also has weird side effects like that but that's really good
smile.gif

I can't even concentrate on school right now.. this is somewhat deja vu... my aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year.. and dang. Thisyear has been the worst cancer/death wise. It's really been a life changing year in so many aspects. Appreciate life y'all... because it's justway too short to put it to waste.

everything is gona be alright my man. my girlfriend had cancer just and just got her port taken out about 6 or 7 months ago. she was only 15 when she wasdiagnosed, shes 18 now.

From the bottom of my heart fam, im truly sorry to hear that

My dad currently has in inoperable brain tumor, he was diagnosed in 2006 but by then it spread severely, and doctors were predicting that he would only last upuntil october of 2008, but as of late, the tumor has shrunk in size, and were in november, so I consider every day that he's here with my family and I ablessing that I am grateful for. It honestly is not an easy reality to face, I completely lost focus in school, so much so that I was on the verge of notgraduating from HS last year, and my younger brother started having some serious legal issues when we first found out about it. The initial fear turned myworld upside down fam, I've never been so lost and terrified in my life. I felt like I had nowhere to go for help.

I will definitely put your cousin in my prayers.

Originally Posted by dylans33

everything is gona be alright my man. my girlfriend had cancer just and just got her port taken out about 6 or 7 months ago. she was only 15 when she was diagnosed, shes 18 now.
So the cancer was completely taken out? Glad to hear that she's doing well now.

Originally Posted by SlamCity

From the bottom of my heart fam, im truly sorry to hear that

My dad currently has in inoperable brain tumor, he was diagnosed in 2006 but by then it spread severely, and doctors were predicting that he would only last up until october of 2008, but as of late, the tumor has shrunk in size, and were in november, so I consider every day that he's here with my family and I a blessing that I am grateful for. It honestly is not an easy reality to face, I completely lost focus in school, so much so that I was on the verge of not graduating from HS last year, and my younger brother started having some serious legal issues when we first found out about it. The initial fear turned my world upside down fam, I've never been so lost and terrified in my life. I felt like I had nowhere to go for help.

I will definitely put your cousin in my prayers.
Man, I can't even imagine what you're going through. You definitely realize taking one day at a time and appreciate it for what it'sworth. God bless your dad and family, and hopefully he will keep proving that prediction wrong, especially since the tumor has gotten smaller. That is reallysomething else, but I'm glad you seem to have gotten a lot stronger, and keep being strong for your dad and family. My prayers go out to y'all as wellfam.

Wow man, sorry to hear. Sounds like she's a good person. It's sad to hear of such an unfortunate incident. I really hope she comes through! Good luckto her and your family!

Back
Top Bottom