I came out to my parents today....

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Did your parents react the way you thought or assumed they would have? Was it anything like you anticipated after having gone through the agony of the situation in your head over and over?

their reaction was relatively in line with what i had hoped for, honestly.  i knew they loved me and would continue to do so.  
and i think it was much worse in my head... that seems to be common among people i've talked to who have gone through similar situations.

damn I remember when I told my parents I was dating a white chick..mad nervous, waited for 2 years into the relationship to tell them.. I almost got disowned by the entire family...
30t6p3b.gif

props for be braving enough to do that..

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Happy for you Tim, now if only Miss. St. could be good this year
laugh.gif

ugh.  all i ask is that mississippi state wins one national championship in my lifetime.  basketball, baseball, football... i'll even take women's golf at this point!

my best friend is gay..
if that matters. lol

but nah man its cool that you came out to your peeps. i know it had to be alot of weight off your shoulders.
props

Congrats on you finally coming out to your family. Bet it felt awesome afterwards. Im about 99% sure one of my Brothers is gay. I wish hed just finally come out because I cant think of one family member that could care either way if he is gay or straight. My Girlfriend finally met him and she thinks he is also. I  dont want to bring it up and make him uncomfertable but I want to let him know that no matter what ill love him. If he isnt gay ill be shocked
laugh.gif
 but if he is I really hope he doesnt wait years to come out cus I cant imagine him trying to keep something that important about himself a secret.

congrats OP takes alot for someone to come out

whats shocking is the amount of positivity in this thread

NT can be a can of worms at times but im glad to see some of us are mature

Congrats, must feel like a new man after that

While youre fielding questions, when did you realize you were gay?

I find it amazing that there's a homosexual thread on NT which happens to be the only one Fig Neuton isn't in.

But More importantly, Congrats OP

I used to be such a homophobic person up until a few years ago. I guess it's just part of the maturation process but I've learned to accept everyone for who and what they are. As long as you're happy, I'm happy. Be yourself, love yourself and be happy. Congrats OP !!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 81ackMamba

As many have stated, I'm pleasantly surprised that NT is being so mature and supportive about this.

As for OP, I'm happy for you, and happy that your parents were so accepting of you.

A lot of them are just saying positive things because it looks/sounds cool. If one person started bashing him, those same losers would have followed suit. Smh

Wow
pimp.gif

btw we dont hate on homosxuality .

we just hate on " GAY TROLLS "
indifferent.gif
who act and say their gay on message boards to get a few laughs .

btw shame on me , i have said some stuff related to homosexuality in a troll way.

(idk if i shoulda said gay or homosexuality , i wanted to sound smart )

Back
Top Bottom