I came out to my parents today....

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Originally Posted by Los Angeles Fresh

yeah, i don't understand his response. homosexuality isn't a crippling disease, anybody can experience everything highlighted regardless of whom they sleep with.
On a personal level, if it was up to me, I would LOVE to one day watch my son grow up and play sports, go to college, meet a girl, get married, have kids, etc.  The initial reaction to finding out he was gay would make me think that I couldn't ever see those things happen, especially being a grandfather.  I'm just being honest, because that is what OP was to his family, and what I think he wants and deserves from us.

understood.

and to be honest, i thought the grandchildren thing might be their biggest disappointment.  but even that could still happen (certainly not in the traditional sense, though).

just get one of those chicks(i forget the term) to lend you their body.

that way it will still be yours via blood
pimp.gif

Tim, from the point that you noticed that you weren't attracted to women to the point where you accepted you were gay, did you ever try to force yourself to like women? Or was it just, "well, I'm gay, nothing I can do to change it."

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Tim, from the point that you noticed that you weren't attracted to women to the point where you accepted you were gay, did you ever try to force yourself to like women? Or was it just, "well, I'm gay, nothing I can do to change it."

i see what you did there

I am glad to see a majority of positive responses, you dudes on here can be rough...Good stuff my dude, stay positive...

Originally Posted by SoVerSoTowel

CWrite78 wrote:

i see what you did there

huh? im only asking because during the process of accepting that you're gay, a lot of people want to change it to be "normal". i've read a lot of examples where a male would try to force himself to like women or a woman would try to force themselves to like men. hell, some even get married and have kids because it's hard for them to accept who they really are.

I think he's asking that because you're a well known gay advocate on here.
Pretty sure he thought you were being sarcstic to make fun of the idiots who say being gay is a choice.
At least that's what I thought you were doing.

i understood what you were asking.

no, i never tried to force myself to like women. i'm not even sure how you would do that, lol. but secretly (especially in my teenage and college years) i think i probably expected that i would eventually change? i regret that very much.

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

i understood what you were asking.

no, i never tried to force myself to like women. i'm not even sure how you would do that, lol. but secretly (especially in my teenage and college years) i think i probably expected that i would eventually change? i regret that very much.

yeah i totally didn't mean it as any disrespect. trust me, i know being gay isn't a choice. i guess my phrasing of the question was just really bad.

but secretly (especially in my teenage and college years) i think i probably expected that i would eventually change? i regret that very much.

this is what i was getting at, thanks for answering. and congrats again, i wish everybody that comes out to their parents/friends/family have such understanding and accepting people as you did.

i only read the first page. hopefully everyone in the other 10 pages was mature enough to see the courage you had that day.

good job. step one complete.

I remember a fellow NTer came out and you replied that you were wrestling with yourself on coming out.

So glad you got that enormous weight off your shoulders.

If my son was gay, I would accept him and keep it moving. I would hope that our relationship is such that he wouldn't have to hold it in for so long. I would also hope that he's not an antisocial delinquent who can't keep his nose clean. That would upset me more than his sexual orientation because that would mean I didn't do my job raising him.

Props to you for taking that big step and being true to you.

Originally Posted by Sputnik

wait, dude just admitted to being gay and there isnt a single bad reponse? im shocked.

Congrats to OP but if it was a less know NTer this thread would be full of non sense

Whole different response from fig neutonn, you could smell the troll on him. Good stuff though but 33? have you never banged out dudes till now? That would suck intentionally repressing my sexual energy like that.

Originally Posted by Rod301

eek.gif

Madd Courage For Posting This On NT. 
pimp.gif

Things Should Easen Up For You Mentally Now That You Dont Have Anything To Hide From Them... Good Luck With Everything.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Good stuff though but 33? have you never banged out dudes till now? That would suck intentionally repressing my sexual energy like that.
how shall i put this...

if you decide to tell your parents you're gay, don't you think you've, um, made sure first?  lol....

just because i came out to them at 33 doesn't mean i didn't explore it way before then.

im shocked this isnt 11 pages of flaming.

congrats op that takes some balls to come out like that. respect to you.

I dont support homosexuality, but I would never bash anyone or treat any of my friends differently or be disrespectful because of it. Do your thing man, glad your family was supportive thats all that matters anyways.. Agree to Disagree

I'm sure your parents already knew. Hell, they raised you. Were you expecting a different response from your parents ?

Dude I knew from College came out the other day. Let's just say it wasn;t surprising at all. Congrats op. Just remember every post you make from here on out will reference this one. Cats are mature today but who knows tomorrow

at 33? your parents had to know something was up, they probably had already accepted you before you confess to them.
but congrats, it must feel good to truly be your self around your parents.

i honestly thought this was a birthday thread from the title. but then i said to myself birthday threads are not 12 pages long lol

Back
Top Bottom