I can't even call it

I literally loled while reading this. I'm from NYC, and when I was 18-19, being "fresh" never threatened to stress me out.
Advice: Get more money.

When I was 19 I bought my first car with my own money and had a stack of kicks already. Worked hard for it. So, if you want to be a hypebeast and buy every single pair of sneakers that's coming out maybe you should get a third or fourth job since two isn't enough.

woopty de doo man 

"But every 365 bro, you get a little wiser
And realize all that stupid **** you bought was lame
Cause it dont mean ****"

Last edited:
i wore my eggplants today. u mad?

really though high school is over. no one matters from high school that isn't your friend anymore.

Alright I got something I have to get off my chest. It's about the sneaker game and the financial burden on me. I'm 18 going on 19 right now. I've been into sneakers since 8th grade. I'm a sneakerhead like plenty of other people on here.. That's just what it is. But even though I've been into sneakers since 8th grade I was never able to buy the sneakers I wanted or to get fresh in general because I was in freakin 8th grade! I would only get 1 maybe 2 pairs of kicks a year and they would never be the sneakers I really wanted, like pippens, eggplant foams, notebook nike dunks you know **** that was hot when I was in HS (this time period im referring to was mostly 2006-2009). It was crazy because I figured it wasn't normal for parents to buy their kids 5-6 pairs of hot kicks for school but yet all my friends and just "cool" kids had kicks for days and hardly repeated outfits. So you can imagine HS was crazy frustrating for me in terms of fashion. Ok fast forward to 2010. I finally turned 16 and started job hunting but nowhere was hiring. I finally got a local summer job and started buying kicks like the jordan 9's, freshwater griffey's and a few kicks i wanted but i started noticing what I'm about to say now. Sneakers drain too much money. This year I worked at my annual summer job plus I also got a job at a local grocery store. This year I plan to actually get heavy into the sneaker game like I've really been meaning to for years. But I noticed that this **** is so financially draining. Just to start off I want black cement 3's, glow in the dark zoom rookies and nike total air foamposite max's or some royal blue foams idk. Just to get that I'll have to spend near a 1000 and even then I'll only have 3 pairs of shoes anyway! Mind you I'm not fresh at all now just a few streetwear shirts and bourdeaux's my brother ripped so Im starting from ground zero. And then after the money spent on sneakers you still have to go out and buy the clothes too. I'm into streetwear and ralph lauren strictly. 10 Deep and rugby mostly since I'm an NY cat its just a big thing here. So what i'm saying is i feel like I'm gonna be spending money forever just being down and up financially just to stay up on what i want as a sneaker head. Its sad that's all. But can anyone relate?

Alright I got something I have to get off my chest. It's about the sneaker game and the financial burden on me. I'm 18 going on 19 right now. I've been into sneakers since 8th grade. I'm a sneakerhead like plenty of other people on here.. That's just what it is. But even though I've been into sneakers since 8th grade I was never able to buy the sneakers I wanted or to get fresh in general because I was in freakin 8th grade! I would only get 1 maybe 2 pairs of kicks a year and they would never be the sneakers I really wanted, like pippens, eggplant foams, notebook nike dunks you know **** that was hot when I was in HS

:rofl: :rofl:

You sound kinda lame dude

cause you buy resale

real sneaker heads pay retail

As a young man in his late 20s and an NT OG

(lol at me saying that but I was one of those kids who had almost every release because I bought/sold and had other side hustles and I was well in the sneaker scene before 85% of this board)

I'm going to give you the following advice:

Focus on your education, and not on what everyone else is wearing. There are many more important things in life, and be thankful that you are able to have at least one-two pairs of cool sneakers. There are kids out there who would kill to be in the position you are in, no matter what you may think.

That paragraph hurt my eyes as I tried to read each line, please work on that too young polliwog. Oh, and STAY POSITIVE.

Repped. Listen to him op

Man I felt the same way you felt in HS, instead I wasn't willing to get a job to buy the latest and greatest in sneaker and fashion wear. Nor was my mother or family willing to lend a hand, so I got over it and dealt with it.

Then I went down this "catch-up" road like you will soon because I just had to have it. Ended up selling everything back to support things like books for college, oh, and food. You'll soon be leaving HS and possibly venturing on to higher education. What you wear and how you look really doesn't matter. Dudes pull girl everyday in white tees and basketball shorts. The most important thing is paving a road for a better future for yourself, financially and mentally.

It isn't worth it my dude. Spend some time in the library or take a nice girl to a broadway play or the museum. NYC is full of culture-building experiences that will leave a lasting impression on you longer than some sneakers. Enrich your life by being rich at heart my man. Then, you'll really one-up your peers.

Last edited:
save this. put it on a usb. open it up in 5 years. stretch your face now to prepare for the biggest SMH face you will ever make.

If I were you OP, I would be focusing on my education, trying to get into a good college, and therefore a job YOU want to pursue. Once you have that you'll be happy and also have money to spend on sneakers and such. Don't stress to much about people around you. When I was in HS, I had a smaller rotation, and yet still had best dressed. People were always on me, but my main focus was success, not trying to be the most fashionable. Besides, the s*!% kids call fashionable these days is just plain awful. Anyways, those are amy two cents. 

Sneaker game take a lot of money DUH!

You dont have to buy to keep up with everyone. I had 100+ pairs in highschool, fits, won best dressed, etc. All that **** dont matter in the real world. Some people will get it some wont. Living to fit in aint half fun. However but going about ur own business, doing what you wanna do not caring what ppl think is.

This.

I laughed so hard at this **** :lol:

You don't NEED every release. Nor do you NEED to buy every brand name item out there.

THIS.

Luckily, I have been fortunate to work at NTNY since '01 when I was 19. I have had access to a discount that allowed me to buy shoes at a good price. Even with that being said, you don't need to buy everything you put your eyes on. I have a rule, if you look at a shoe ten times or more, buy it. You really like that shoe. Most of the time, the shoe looks hot at the moment, then later on it sits and you forget you even have it. Waste of money. OP, right now you are immature in your financial decisions and that's understandable given your age, but buy what you truly like. I can't imagine spending $160+ for shoes these days. And I have never paid over $200 for any pair of kicks I got. These reatil prices are insane. It just sounds like kids now just buy **** to say they have it and there is no appreciation for the shoe iteself. Just bastardizing what it was truly about, but I digress...I'm just fortunate to be my own hookup all these years. Stop wasting your $$ OP.

OP, get your priorities in order and also plan for purchases. You have to strategically know when to cop some heat and when to save some dough.

Watch this. Then take a step back and think about how good you have it man. Stop looking at what you don't have and look at what you already own. As long as you have food on the table and a roof over your head you should be thankful for that alone.

Back
Top Bottom