I don't usually post race-related issues on NikeTalk..

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by WaitWut

who the hell cares? not even that serious you dudes are so sensitive
laugh.gif
I pray hope you're white. 
fixed. as a black dude would love to see more ethnic variety in movies/shows i watch

Well if we (as in "minorities") stopped supporting Hollywood, things would probably change.  As long as we just complain, but still drop $12 on a movie ticket anyways it'll stay the same.

Originally Posted by tee99

Dont care about the race of the Actor, as long as they make a good movie.

this.
and in the comic books, none of those characters are black or latino so why would they be in the movie?

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

I'm personally not a fan of changing races of characters that have back stories like that. And anyway, for Marvel, there has been ONE Avengers film and they mad Nick Fury Black, ONE Daredevil and made Kingpin Black, ONE Thor and had Idris Elba as a Norse god.

Now what happens if Luke Cage pops up and is played by a white guy?

On the DC side, Ertha Kitt famously played Catwoman on TV. Helle Berry played the character on film, as awful as it was. But certain things just won't fly for me. For example, I wouldn't mind an alternate race for an iteration of Spiderman, but I wouldn't want to see a Black Peter Parker. That's just me. I grew up reading my dad's old comics, and became a light collector myself when I was younger. So some of these characters have some history with me.
There is a black/hispanic spider man though. http://www.usatoday.com/l...1-black-spider-man_n.htm

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by WaitWut

who the hell cares? not even that serious you dudes are so sensitive
laugh.gif
I pray hope you're white. 
fixed. as a black dude would love to see more ethnic variety in movies/shows i watch
nah im asian and we prob in the spotlight less than everyone else
laugh.gif

i mean variety is cool and all but it aint bothering me if most of the movie cast is white

just sayin

Originally Posted by tee99

Dont care about the race of the Actor, as long as they make a good movie.

/thread

Originally Posted by dunkaruu

..but when I do, it's about the absence of Latino's & only one Black lead in the movie The Avengers. What gives, Hollywood? The Ultimate universe can't have a Lebanese-Mexican Tony Stark Helu ?
The Avengers were created in the 60s. They're an all white team. How they gonna suddenly change who Tony Stark is when RDJR has been playing him for the past 5 years or so?

I can barely remember any hispanic Avengers (maybe that one dude with lightning powers) in the early days (first 3 decades) and the most recent I can think of was deaf and is now dead.

That's just how it is in comics period. The flagship famous characters are all white. Just gotta deal with it for now.

Yeah definitely not a fair playing field in the industry. Considering how many Asians there are, it's disturbing how few of them get any decent roles. And anyone that says "it's just because more white people want to act" just take a seat. The ratio is completely one sided

Originally Posted by dunkaruu

I don't usually post race-related issues on NikeTalk..but when I do, it's about the absence of Latino's & only one Black lead in the movie The Avengers. What gives, Hollywood? The Ultimate universe can't have a Lebanese-Mexican Tony Stark Helu ?
No, but everyone else does.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i actually wrote a paper on the lack of latino presence in american media and hollywoodin general. funny you bring this up.

im not upset however, the latinos we DO put on TV are our best ones
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Mario Lopez could have been
pimp.gif
as Hawkeye

LMAO so much great Mexican cinema and that's who you want??
As opposed to Jacob Vargas?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i actually wrote a paper on the lack of latino presence in american media and hollywoodin general. funny you bring this up.

im not upset however, the latinos we DO put on TV are our best ones
laugh.gif

Have it still?
Originally Posted by ai3mac1

Yeah definitely not a fair playing field in the industry. Considering how many Asians there are, it's disturbing how few of them get any decent roles. And anyone that says "it's just because more white people want to act" just take a seat. The ratio is completely one sided
Definately, and the ethnic actors that do exist in American films play  1d roles

they're alot of hispanics in hollywood....problem is they either by accident or purposely blend into being either white or black to get more roles.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

they're alot of hispanics in hollywood....problem is they either by accident or purposely blend into being either white or black to get more roles.

Something tells me you would never play a black role

who. the. *$+$. cares?

seriously? go do you and stop worrying about what's being underrepresented and overrepresented. unless you plan on doing something to change it, stop complaining.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Something tells me you would never play a black role
What you did there I seeeen it
laugh.gif

What industry? You guys are all basically referring to Hollywood.

Hollywood is not the be all, end all in the global film industry. Y'all need to diversify your viewing material.

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

What industry? You guys are all basically referring to Hollywood.

Hollywood is not the be all, end all in the global film industry. Y'all need to diversify your viewing material.
We're talking about the global level here. Say Tom Cruise's name around the world and most people would recognize him. Say a great comedic actor like Stephen Chow in a Western country and most people would be lost.

Back
Top Bottom