I Feel Guilty for Knowingly Eating Meat

951guero wrote:
wanksta23 wrote:
ceviche
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

seriously, I'm hating...lol...had some Shrimp Japanese Teriyaki from Pei Wei

Originally Posted by wanksta23

if you are catholic, chicken is NOT allowed on Fridays during lent..its still a meat

ask a priest
doh.
ohwell.gif

Guess it's fish for me today, and I have never gone out of my way to eat fish.

Originally Posted by Lil Cao

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

jesus was a fisherman
he ate fish
did u read the bible??????
I thought he was the son of God? Damn I need to go back to school.

indifferent.gif
but what does that have to do w/ being a fisherman or not?

I'm gonna eat chicken, hopefully that's okay.
Sarcasm in response to the irrelevance of his post.

all you gotta do is not eat meat for a few Fridays out of the entire year as a small sacrifice for your religion
eyes.gif

random question... but what does one have to do with the other?

i mean... god sacrificed his only son so that we could live our lives as we choose.... doesnt seem like us passing on a steak is really much of a tribute.

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Im pretty sure im not going to hell because i ate meat on a Friday during Lent.

a7925bee188af9bf27a3cb97dd0212658c13f30.gif

Pretty much, you should not be too concerned about eating meat, you should be more concerned about what type of person you are

As a catholic, i personally don't think eating meat on fridays will be the deciding factor on whether or not i go to heaven.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Never got this part of Lent...ever. Can someone explain it to me?

Well, they wanted to give something up to show their devotion to God, so they chose meat. But then they decided they love fish too much to give it up, even forGod, so they decided that somehow fish doesn't count as meat so you're good on Good Friday eating fish.

This is even despite the fact that God says not to eat the creatures of the sea, that it is an abomination.

But religion is all about picking and choosing which parts are convenient to you at the time and ignoring the rest so who cares

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Never got this part of Lent...ever. Can someone explain it to me?

Well, they wanted to give something up to show their devotion to God, so they chose meat. But then they decided they love fish too much to give it up, even for God, so they decided that somehow fish doesn't count as meat so you're good on Good Friday eating fish.

This is even despite the fact that God says not to eat the creatures of the sea, that it is an abomination.

But religion is all about picking and choosing which parts are convenient to you at the time and ignoring the rest so who cares
laugh.gif
Lol, everytime I see you post, you've either saidexactly what I wanted to say...or, well...no, thats it...

im catholic and i still eat meat on fridays during lent, cause i cant stand fish. i know its supposed to be like a sacrifice or whatever, but i just dont findit relevant in whether i believe in god or not, and i think im pretty religious

Back
Top Bottom