I FINALLY LET GO OF THE APPLE ITUNES CRACKPIPE.. 2008 I Welcome MEDIAMONKEY METH!

I took a serious L using itunes for so long, I was going to wait for Songbird but this unbelievably has everything I need, I actually had to purchase the Fullversion after testdriving it for a few days. Gets my full recommendation, I hate to sound like a salesman..lol, but d/l the freeware and try it out for fewdays, joint is bananas.

It skins, no lag (silky smooth), folder monitor that automatically adds music as it's downloaded, flac support!!!! and it converts lossless to mp3 on thefly to sync to your mp3 player, auto updates all tag info from Amazon w/ 2 clicks, imports all ratings & playcounts from Itunes, lyrics highlight asthey're sung, and I feel like I barely scratched the surface.

MediaMonkey
this is my screenshot right now, u can see the flac files & the lyrics window

Here's a quick feature overview from the site:

* Organize music and edit tags in your audio library with a powerful, intuitive interface
* Automatically lookup and tag Album Art and other metadata
* Manage 50,000+ files in your music collection without bogging down
* Play MP3s and other audio formats, and never again worry about varying volume
* Record CDs into OGG, MP3, FLAC and WMA files
* Convert MP3s, OGG, FLAC and WMA files into other formats with the Audio Converter
* Synchronize with iPods / MP3 players effortlessly and convert tracks on-the-fly
* Party Mode, which allows users to make requests while protecting your library from being modified.
* Increased Speed CD Burning
* File Monitor (automatically updates library)
* Advanced Searches and AutoPlaylists
* Advanced Portable Device Synchronization with on-the-fly format conversion (list of devices supported)
* Unlimited MP3 encoding
* Virtual CD / Previews
* Advanced Filters
* Sleep Timer

screenshotxs4.png

mm3screen2xg4.jpg

Any pros that can school me on some useful scripts would be helpful. Enjoy. Old version worked w/ last.fm, I think they're updating the plug-in.
All I need is Trillian Astra Full Version and I'll be getting my computer putin'.

WOW thanks heard of it but never saw or heard good reviews for it. I just wonder*#@@ good the search engine is when it comes to identifying albums, gettinalbum art and lyrics. I got rare tracks that aren't even on the net yet probably.

So how much is the full version? only downside I see all new versions of itune are free. I ditched my itunes for a few month now n have only been using regularold media player

Ill be trying this out for sure

smokin.gif

anything like this for mac os x? i have over 80 gigs of music and its so unorganized

$20 bucks, search engine is turbo, if 1 of my tracks isn't tagged correctly, it'll autotag from Amazon and u can pick what u want it to update, forexample; the album artwork, title, artist, track names, track #, and even that little synopsis/review like for Shock Value

"When the most exciting producer in pop music himself puts out a CD, the thrill is in the discovery: The world may have already suspected that JustinTimberlake, Nelly Furtado, and a small army of other singers owed 75% of their fame to the stockpile of skittering beats Timbaland built and then graciouslyset them upon, but here's a chance to prove it. Or it might have been in less welcoming hands. Shock Value is a far-reaching and ambitious disc; amasterpiece, even, in its own way. But it's not at all self-centered. If there's a point being put across here, it's that Timbaland came by yourvote as behind-the-scenes musical man of the hour honestly: pair him with Fall Out Boy or the Strokes, and he will not only provide tracks that surprise you bymaintaining their rock 'n' roll integrity, he will also convince you that shimmer's role in rock music has, to now, been tragically misguided andminiscule. Re-team him with Timberlake and Furtado (for the near-flawless track "Give It to Me") and he will again trade vocal bites, but they willstill be nibbly, not voracious. In a CD full of experiments and puzzles (why is Elton John just piano-playing, not singing? And how did the L.A. band OneRepublic end up on this disc?) a single truth emerges: Timbaland's taste is impeccable, but his judgment is even better. Shock Value, by virtue of itsswirly beats and mesmerizing rhythms, will bring him a smidge closer to the spotlight. But because it's a disc of collaborations, he'll retain theshadowy-genius reputation that precedes him, and that he so richly deserves. --Tammy La Gorce"

This program will probably be better for u Buddha because it has a detailed duplicate finder, I had about 200 in my collection and I've only got 6600tracks.

Quest - That's the only major downside, no Mac support yet. With all those songs this would have been perfect.

This program will probably be better for u Buddha because it has a detailed duplicate finder, I had about 200 in my collection and I've only got 6600 tracks.

Word Ight good looks Im most fe gettin now I had deleted all my music off my itunes tryin to get rid of duplicates n tryin to find tracks withthat ! next to it
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
smh.gif
Aint nothin more frustratin than re-adding 100+ albums to ya library n then re-rating them n losing playlists.

smokin.gif

what about podcasts... is it itunes dependant to still download my favorite podacasts?????

because thats really allllll itunes has.... and why it will always have an ice cold grasp on my soul!!!!!!

Welcome to the good side nachobroadway ive been using media monkey forever and love it. Be sure to check the mediamonkey forums for scripts and skins

what about podcasts... is it itunes dependant to still download my favorite podacasts?????

because thats really allllll itunes has.... and why it will always have an ice cold grasp on my soul!!!!!!
You can get your pod cast with media monkey and it auto updates via rss feed. Only thing is media monkey does not manage video or photos. myrecommend j river media center for a coverage of music, video, and photos its my second weapon of choice

iTunes already has a strong hold on digital music that is going to be hard to topple.

I thought iPods could only work with iTunes.

Does update songs to your ipod?
And does it have a store like the iTunes store?
Yes it does
No but it has a internet section in the program that you can surf via the program to music sites that have download based services

iTunes already has a strong hold on digital music that is going to be hard to topple.

I thought iPods could only work with iTunes.
Very true i dont think media monkey is trying to topple itunes just giving a alternative
not true there various different programs that work ipods. the newer ones uses a different way to store your audio but j river mediacenter and media monkey hasfigured that out already

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

How is it on resources? iTunes takes a lot to run. Gets a little annoying.

as nacho said the main reason i switched that and it seem like my%%%* was being monitored by apple

I been using MediaMonkey for a while and I just got the latest gold version
happy.gif
It's so simple and > iTunes.

if i connect my ipod to media monkey...will it accidentally or on purpose delete my current songs on my pod cuz i got over 7000 and I don't like takingchances with the ipod and new programs.

So, can I add music to my iPod with this software. iTunes is nice but like other people said thememory is something else.

Back
Top Bottom