I FINALLY LET GO OF THE APPLE ITUNES CRACKPIPE.. 2008 I Welcome MEDIAMONKEY METH!

Ive been using MediaMonkey for a while. Its free. The extra features arent really needed honestly unless you burn cds.

It won't let me autotag from Amazon. It keeps giving me this error crap. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by realxfresh

why does it put doubles of all my songs?

You probably have doubles in your music folder. It happened to a few of my albums.
Born To Be Fly wrote:
It won't let me autotag from Amazon. It keeps giving me this error crap. Any help would be appreciated.

What I did was highlighted all the tracks from the album that I want autotagged, and right-clicked and clicked on "auto-tag from web". From thereyou can search and check off what you want tagged.
I don't know if that helped, but I hope it did.

Originally Posted by jigsta05

i got it but it can't find my ipod touch. is it because i jailbroke it?

no, it doesn't work for the touch. Apple 'locked' them and the iphone. So..

It's puttin' all kinds of songs that i've long since deleted in my library.

I also don't like how there's nothing in the library when you open it up, any way to fix that ?

By the way, I found a way to have it work with Last.fm, for anyone having trouble with it
I almost went with WINAMP because of this...thanks son.

MM > Itunes.
pimp.gif

how do you make it show lyrics while the song is playing? =/

also, that Last.fm thing is confusing to me. how do you get it to work with the media monkey? sorry newb here, just downloaded mm.

^
This is for the latest version of the last.fm player and the latest version of the Winamp scrobbler.

On the last.fm player click on "tools" and then select "Get plugin"
click "next" and then click "Add..."

Choose "Winamp" in the dropdown box and then browse to your MediaMonkey folder.
Highlight the MediaMonkey.exe executable and click "Open" then click "Ok"

That's it.

You should now be able to scrobble with MediaMonkey and when you're playing your tracks through MediaMonkey the relevant info will be displayed in the "Now Playing" tab of the last.fm player.
Thanks a lot to dostav for first uploading, and the rest of the people who brained their way to a fix to this
wink.gif

Apperantly, a new update of the last.fm Winamp plugin is not working with MM. If you have allready installed Last.FM on MM and have recently gotten the problem of it simply not working:

Shut down MM and Last.fm, download the below file. Locate the Plugsins folder og MM (usually C:/Program Files/MediaMonkey/Pugins), and overwrite the file "gen_wa2_scrobbler.dll" with this file with the same name. Restart proggies, and look - it's working =p

http://www.thorrune.net/filedump/gen_wa2_scrobbler.dll

If you have not had MM working with Last.fm using the latest version allready, first follow the instructions in the topic in the link below, then return to this post and follow my steps.

http://www.last.fm/group/Media+Monkey/forum/21483/_/178013

Enjoy your scrobbing!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

By the way, I found a way to have it work with Last.fm, for anyone having trouble with it
I almost went with WINAMP because of this...thanks son.

MM > Itunes.
pimp.gif

Yeah, I was about to uninstall MM when I saw it wasn't working with Last.fm.

CHECK YOUR ANTI-VIRUS INTERNET SETTINGS & MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT ARTIST & ALBUM NAME.

Version 3.01

Lyrics
d/l Mini lyrics
http://www.crintsoft.com/
How to install:
- Make sure that MiniLyrics is installed and configured to start together with MediaMonkey. See MiniLyrics's website.
- Download and execute the installer (v1.4b).
(Re)start MediaMonkey and the script will automatically start. It will create a dockable panel and will embed MiniLyrics in it (if it is running). A menu item(microphone icon) will be added to the View menu, so you can show/hide the MiniLyrics dockable panel.

The MiniLyrics window automaticly resizes if you resize the dockable panel. The script also repositions and resizes the embedded MiniLyrics window every second(1000 ms), by default.3

Doubles
Then you probably got the song 2x on your hard drive.

So far its goin great just had to get a handle of certain things but yo that milk drop visualization is CRACK. I was playin I Wonder and I swear I was just inspace straight up travellin thru the universe man real
pimp.gif

EDIT - Is it possible to auto tag from any other sites? Amazon doesn't have that mau resources it seems, I know google has them and I know of some siteswhere I directly get the music like a dat[piff for example, so anyone?

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

So far its goin great just had to get a handle of certain things but yo that milk drop visualization is CRACK. I was playin I Wonder and I swear I was just in space straight up travellin thru the universe man real
pimp.gif

EDIT - Is it possible to auto tag from any other sites? Amazon doesn't have that mau resources it seems, I know google has them and I know of some sites where I directly get the music like a dat[piff for example, so anyone?

smokin.gif

ya gotta manually save or get a scr[size=-1]ipt that does google[/size] [size=-1]images[/size] [size=-1]i had[/size] [size=-1]it for med[/size][size=-1]ia monkey 2 now[/size] [size=-1]im on 3 havent tr[/size][size=-1]ied[/size] [size=-1]it yetcause[/size] [size=-1]i have all my covers
[/size]

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I'm gonna try this out. I hate how much it takes to run iTunes.

Word it should be a sin for it to slow your computer down the way it does.

Another thing I like about this it adds all types of music files, even the protected ones. This makes my short stint with Ruckus Player all worth it

Yamipod is only for managiing your ipod

Altho I will have to say if you have more than 10k songs there is still work involved

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

just DLed it, it was confusing at first but i'm liking it the more i use it.

Same here, I just wanted the say I love the way it's not slowing down my computer like Itunes used to do

i started using it just now. i love how it really isnt slow. now i just have to find away to manage videos for the ipod. any suggestions? im on vista by theway.

Back
Top Bottom