I finally purchased a PS3...need some tips.

Any tips on this system as far as downloads, or any little tool i can put onto it to make it that much cooler? Apologies for my lack of knowledge, but thelast system i had was a N64, so i am definitely not up on the new technology.

Also, any games that I MUST own? I only have Rockband right now, but what are the must haves for PS3? thanks in advance.

I've been contemplating this, but I don't want to get jerked.

I'm hearing now that the PS3's are just as shobby as the PS2's were with the "disc read error" crap.

But, I really want to play GTA IV and the 360 is know to have the 3R's so I'm up the creek without a paddle.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

I'm hearing now that the PS3's are just as shobby as the PS2's were with the "disc read error" crap.

But, I really want to play GTA IV and the 360 is know to have the 3R's so I'm up the creek without a paddle.

I agree I almost got a system today and all I want it for is to play the new gta game

^whatever hardware problems you've heard about the ps3,its nowhere near the RRoD problem of the 360. the ps3 is lightyears ahead of of the ps2 in terms ofreliability. the ps3 also has mgs4 comin out soon. but as a 360 owner myself,i can tell you tis the cheapest way you can get to play gta4,but i will bepurchasing a ps3 also eventually. if i were you id jus get the ps3. and btw i havent had a hardware problem yet with my 360,but the RRoD is always a risk whenbuying a 360.

Ya know, never really got that.
I had 3 launch PS2s and a skinny one that are still running like champions.
I left one on by mistake for almost 2 weeks
eek.gif

And the only reason i bought a skinny one was because my lil cousin knocked a fat one off the entertainment center onto concrete in the basement.

I've had my PS3 from day one with no problems with it . You can download thems from the PSN, also have a 360 still worried ill get the RRoD. but You gottaget COD4.

Never had those problems.

If you are willing to sacrifice some quality time with society and be late to work/school a couple times then pick up Call of Duty 4 for sure.
laugh.gif

I own Tiger Woods 08' , Fifa 08', Rainbow Six Vegas, will be picking up GTA pretty soon, then Metal Gear Solid will surely be the release of the year
pimp.gif

As far as downloads go to the Playstation store, they got some nice add ons, classic PS1 games, wallpapers and stuff. I just copped a ceramic white dual-shockcontroller from Asia.

Originally Posted by osubass1

invest in a Dual Shock 3.

Actually invest in TWO dualshocks. They are expensive being almost $60 a pop, but they have the coveted rumble feature & the six-axis installed.

Go to some sites from your PS3 browser and download some themes. I have several. Here are some sites.
I get mine from allps3themes.com
http://www.psu.com/themes.php
ThemeUrPS3.com
PS3-Theme.Com

I like anime so I have a lot of those themes.

Here is what one of my themes looks like on the big screen.

As far as must have games.
Assassin's Creed
Skate (even if you don't like skateboarding you'll love this game)
GTA IV of course
Little Big Planet
Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted
Devil May Cry 4
Call of Duty 4 if your into shooters

Oh and check the Playstation Store as often as possible. They have a lot of FREE downloadable content such as games that are coming out or already out, movietrailers etc. etc.

Hope that helps get you started.

Originally Posted by Sole Emcee92

here's a tip, take it back and get a 360.

laugh.gif

Here's what you should do...
Go to Gamestop and...
Purchase: Warhawk, Call of Duty 4, Resistance Fall of Man, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank and MLB The Show 08 if you're a baseball fan... And a Dual Shock 3.
Pre-order: Metal Gear Solid 4, Grand Theft Auto 4, Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue if you don't mind a $40 demo...
Come home and enjoy!

do the the current PS3 bundles come w/ the new dual shock controller?

in about to cop a 360 or the PS3, but i dont know which system is better and which one has the biggest/best library, can somebody give me some tips/opinions ofboth systems?

but the RRoD is always a risk when buying a 360.
Whats that^

i dont really know what else you can ask for in a gaming system ... call of duty 4 gtaiv metal gear solid and socom ... add madden to all that and you cant gowrong ...

I have both systems. On my 2nd 360, only cuz I sold my 1st one, which was a lunch Core system, had it for over a year with no problems..... no problems with myelite yet. Never had the Disc read error problem with PS2 either.

If you like to play online a lot, I say go with the 360, if you like to go back and look at what you did in a game, 360's achievements are good. They arepointless, but I like to get them.

My PS3 is pretty much used as a blu-ray/DVD player. Resistance was dope when I first got it. I've heard Uncharted is dope but I havent played it.... andany game thats released on both systems I get on 360. Well I guess all my friends have 360's... so its an easy choice so we can play online together.... sothat should help too. Go with what your friends have if you guys like to play games together a lot.

Back
Top Bottom