I find it fascinating that millions worship this god

Is this a caricature of a person who once lived? It is my understanding that Hindus worship many other gods like this. It makes me think of how this all started. Was someone just drawing ##%@?

lor34h.jpg

same reason why they follow..
and countless others "make believe" religion figures

Yeah you arent going to understand why people worship what they worship.

Unless you are highly interested in gaining knowledge of why they worship that god, I would leave it alone. You're just gonna end up still asking yourself why.

Originally Posted by 951guero

images

indifferent.gif
why don't you learn your facts before you post again

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

C'mon, dude... I really do think it's extremely uncool to knock someone's religious beliefs.
Where am I knocking it? Fascinated is the keyword I used.

Wasn't Jesus a real person? Someone had to have drawn up the Ganesha.

Um. You do realize those two were actual historical figures? whether you believe in their massage/workings isn't the issue, can't deny they roamed the earth.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

C'mon, dude... I really do think it's extremely uncool to knock someone's religious beliefs.
Where am I knocking it? Fascinated is the keyword I used.

Wasn't Jesus a real person? Someone had to have drawn up the Ganesha.
Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Was someone just drawing ##%@?

jesus.jpg

[h3]Wisdom of Solomon Chapter 14[/h3]8 But that which is made with hands is cursed, as well it, as he that made it: he, because he made it; and it, because, being corruptible, it was called god.

9 For the ungodly and his ungodliness are both alike hateful unto God.

10 For that which is made shall be punished together with him that made it.

11 Therefore even upon the idols of the Gentiles shall there be a visitation: because in the creature of God they are become an abomination, and stumblingblocks to the souls of men, and a snare to the feet of the unwise.

12 For the devising of idols was the beginning of spiritual fornication, and the invention of them the corruption of life.

13 For neither were they from the beginning, neither shall they be for ever.

14 For by the vain glory of men they entered into the world, and therefore shall they come shortly to an end.

15 For a father afflicted with untimely mourning, when he hath made an image of his child soon taken away, now honoured him as a god, which was then a dead man, and delivered to those that were under him ceremonies and sacrifices.
250px-Cesareborgia.jpg

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/history/borgias/3.html

nerd.gif

[h3][/h3]
Revelation 1:14-15
King James Version (KJV)
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
Some serious deception going on here. 

What I learned from my Asian Religions class in college is that all these Hindu gods are offshoots of one supreme being/presence/universe (don't remember exactly). They also believe in every other religion's gods, saints, prophets, etc. because they consider them to be part of that same universe as well. I saw this with my Indian grandmother; technically she was Hindu, but her home was covered in pictures of Jesus, Buddha, etc.  She prayed in temples as well as churches. What's unfortunate, however, is that many of these gods were invented by priests for ulterior motives (then again, every religion experienced this)

Believing in people is the major problem. The wisdom is in understanding the archetype which is being personified.

Don't look for the elephant with human characteristics. Look for the human with characteristics of what an elephant typifies.

You think an elephant has a problem moving obstacles the same way a human would?

It just seems like the hipster thing to do nowadays is bash religion without analyzing what they really were talking about. I honestly believe this is a symptom of us hopping into the information age so fast...

Back
Top Bottom