I found a 2002 Eastbay catalog while cleaning out the closet today. (Pictures in thread)

1608417500982.png

Nah they were 100 or 115.

I think to the most expensive retros back then were 130 or 135 until the 13s and they were $150 originally and when they retroed.

1s were 100 too.

Yea i remember starting to finally get my own catalogs delivered in the mail around '04 and really start paying attention to sneakers. 4s around that time frame were like $125/135, the 14s were also $150, and the fire red 5s in '06 weren't more than $140.

I had the white/navy pair!!
Loved these shoes! Thanks for posting OP!
OP do you post in Coli
:nerd:

there's mad people here that post on the coli and boxden :lol:

So much dope **** in there. I wanted those women’s Shox BB4s bad but I’m not wearing women’s shoes.

I still got some **** out of there

4648F20D-597C-4D59-9A3E-3EEBCB0FDE1B.jpeg
3059C0C0-A5AB-43A7-9CA9-0981C95C93CF.jpeg
EBC0255F-88A2-4E70-9E25-06A6997D316E.jpeg

That Iverson du rag :rofl:

**** I imagine, some nikes ain't built for comfort. Was going to cop the neon 95s but had flashbacks of walking on hot coals. May still get them and get new insoles.

Still remember waking up late as usual in college, walking into a store in the afternoon on a saturday and copping size 10.5 bred XIs on release day for 125 I think. Things that will never happen again.
7th grade went to exchange some burgundy timbs at like 7pm at northland mall footlocker because they were big. Pair in my size was sitting right there. Ended up getting the breds instead and got a red/blk averex to match. Felt on top of the world.

Told the story here before, first time I ever got robbed one time I wore the fit. Had a young boy walk home in the cold with a T shirt and socks. Them ****** took my girbauds too :smh:

I had the Iverson fleece and matching pants. Pretty sure the lower leg zipped off too, like the sleeves :lol:

Wonder if they really expected folks to walk around with a sleeveless fleece top and shorts.

20201218-202957.jpg

Wow I had those grey Jordan B-Baller Pure on the same page as the 3s. The upper was made from foam they were pretty dope.
The cool grey pair was the most popular sneaker that year at my school. Super comfy but not for basketball despite the b-baller in the name due to the foam upper. The other colorways i believe had a leather upper so those should have been fine.

PXL_20201219_190558851.jpg

Thanks for posting the catalog pics. I actually still have the Downtowns and the Par 23s. I think the boots are still wearable. I doubt the golf spikes are. The spikes have been in my garage forever. I remember the Par 23s being really uncomfortable when first worn.

That was, wait for it, par for the course for golf shoes! In all seriousness though up until the recent sneaker esque golf shoes were made, all golf shoes were brutal the first few rounds. The blisters obtained from new golf shoes are unrivaled by anything else.

**** I imagine, some nikes ain't built for comfort. Was going to cop the neon 95s but had flashbacks of walking on hot coals. May still get them and get new insoles.

the penny foams are a fire shoe. but not comfortable. even the 3s aren't that comfortable. some of these basketball shoes have me wondering how they even ballin in them. that's why they all got shaq feet.
1608477729450.png

i got the original eggplant foams and have worn them many times. but they are hard as **** now and don't even flex. they're done.

when it comes to comfort...running shoes> *

and when i say running I'm talking asics n ****

Back
Top Bottom