I got it ... Corporate #@$^%

Im a financial analyst as well..Ive been working for my company for 8 years with no prior financial experience. I started off as a temp contracted for one day. I used to rock dreds when I was 24, and im that dude thats taking full advantage of dress down Fridays with a fresh pair...Nothing is out of reach for anyone, of all walks of life..Congrats man. I know how it feels.

Yeah IMO it's about what you're bringing to the table on a regular basis. I know some I-Banking analysts who basically stopped giving a damn because they were killing it and had built up a very positive rep for themselves with their work product. Dudes walking around in polos and leaving at 2pm :wow: :wow: :wow: However, as a summer analyst, if I leave at 7pm people will think I'm crazy. It's about the environment you're in and how much you're contributing. I-Banking is driven by deliverables, so it's easy to be ranked and then easier to take some liberties if you have the room to do so. I can see why the dynamics could shift drastically in other fields.

Yeah IMO it's about what you're bringing to the table on a regular basis. I know some I-Banking analysts who basically stopped giving a damn because they were killing it and had built up a very positive rep for themselves with their work product. Dudes walking around in polos and leaving at 2pm :wow: :wow: :wow: However, as a summer analyst, if I leave at 7pm people will think I'm crazy. It's about the environment you're in and how much you're contributing. I-Banking is driven by deliverables, so it's easy to be ranked and then easier to take some liberties if you have the room to do so. I can see why the dynamics could shift drastically in other fields.
in the same class as you?

or they've been there for a few years?

I thought most IBers had a tendency to leave pretty soon... 3 years or less...

either to pursue other stuff or go back to graduate school.

in the same class as you?

or they've been there for a few years?

I thought most IBers had a tendency to leave pretty soon... 3 years or less...

either to pursue other stuff or go back to graduate school.

1st years at the top of their class and 2nd years about to leave.

Back
Top Bottom