I Have a BIG Problem With The Hype on Griffeys

You crazy. There's one pair of Griffey's I had about 13-14 years ago that hasn't been retroed yet. The second it does, I'm all over it.

yeah. you should have to take a test to wear a pair of shoes.

quit worrying about everyone else

LOL! dude a sick shoe is a sick shoe...point blank....no matter who they were for or who rocked em....and like my homie five30 said...this IS a sneaker boardhomeboy....lol

personally tho, i am a baseball fan, played some growing up and griffey was my favorite player.....so i was robocoppin off GP anyway...lol

peace.

I have a bigger problem with you posting this topic in the wrong forum.
happy.gif

As for me. I love baseball, I enjoyed Junior Griffey, and will cop this shoe on sight, because of nostalgia, and like many others, I couldn't afford it in1996.
pimp.gif

Manglor pretty much summed it up. These shoes are all artwork, plain and simple, a lot of time went into the design, color pattern etc. Am 90 infra's blewup, and how many people do you think went running in them? How many people were even born when they originally dropped and were USED for running? Grow up. Asmuch as I love basketball, and loved watching Michael jordan play, if his shoes looked bad I wouldn't have bought them.

I HATE running but own many running shoes.

get over it.

and Im gettin the Griffeys because he's a Seattle icon, and I rep Seattle whenever possible

I don't like Seattle, Cincinnati, or Chicago (the teams) and guess who's buying them? THIS GUY

Imagine the foamposites only being sold to people who were fans of penny
It's like saying you hate basketball but you buy Jordans, it's ******ed and hypocrtical

welcome to everyday

I get where your coing from. But check it..

It's not that serious. If anything..feel better about yourself for having a deeper meaning for owning the shoe. But don't hate others who don'tbecause they shouldn't get scrutinized for that either.

Originally Posted by AJ27526

I don't like Seattle, Cincinnati, or Chicago (the teams) and guess who's buying them? THIS GUY

Imagine the foamposites only being sold to people who were fans of penny
It's like saying you hate basketball but you buy Jordans, it's ******ed and hypocrtical

welcome to everyday

I feel you. I'm buying these because they were my favorite shoes as a kid in 96'. I was lookingin my elementary school yearbook the other day and saw me wearing this colorway. They bring back good memories and are awesome kicks. These and the Penny II(Blk/Blue) are my favorite Nike Retro releases in awhile. Nike has given me a second chance to buy shoes I once had and this time around I won't trashem' like when I was a kid.

how about this? do you think it's okay to wear a cross without being religious?
and i never said anything about PLAYING baseball, i said being a fan of it, i have more respect for the 90 year old die hard fan in the wheelchair rockingbaseball gear than the person who knows nothing about the team who's jersey theyre rocking
and to the person who said something about ATCs, the reason why i didnt buy em is because I know nothing about agassi and what not

Be less uptight.

Do I have a problem with people wearing crosses despite not being religious? No, I don't have a problem with them. Yes, I do have a problem with it. No, Idon't raise a big fuss about it.

And someone loving Griffeys but hating baseball? I would have no problem with that at all. Like someone already mentioned, I absolutely HATE running; like...pure, unfiltered hate. I hate it. It's boring, long, boring, painful, boring, and it bores me to death. However, I absolutely LOVE AM95s.

Are you going to allow that?

I'd have more respect for someone who hated baseball, loved shoes, loved Griffey's line, and had every colorway of every Griffey ever than I wouldsomeone who loved baseball and thought that the other guy isn't worthy of having all those Griffeys.

wink.gif

know a lot of people who attend classes and don't care too much for what's being spewed from the mouths of professors...

but they're there to acquire that document that will help them land a decent job or career.

Preach brother,amen,amen and amen.

so that means every1 that buys acg's should go hike up a mountain if they want em...right???

I don't think it should matter who else likes them, or for what reason they like them. If you like them, then that should be good enough.

Originally Posted by Manglor

In my opinion baseball is booooring to watch but fun to play.

I'm from seattle so I have always liked Griffey and I always will.

The whole gettin mad cause people are buyin a shoe for a sport they don't play is stupid.

How many people here buy SB's but don't skate?

A lot.

How many wear old school runnin shoes on a daily basis but don't run?

A lot.

How many new colorways of jordan 1's have been droppin regardless of the fact no one hoops in them anymore?

A lot.

I buy lots of really cool basketball shoes yet I stay hoopin in 2k3's and lebron 2's for the last 5 years.

You honestly think cause people don't like baseball they should be excluded from some cool shoes?

That is ridiculous.

So true!

The only reason i am copping these is because when I was in 3rd or 4th grade I had these shoes and loved them.

i am getting them because i had them back then.............

and guess what!? i never liked watching baseball

and you know what?..... i used them for basketball, not for baseball cause thats how i rolled back then.... shoot.... i used turf shoes forbasketball back then cause my parents thought it didnt make a difference... lol

wow that is some interesting logic you have there.
and oh yea, baseball is boring unless you are there and drunk and spitting peanut shells all over the place.

Let's see here. Let me dig into my bag of GIFs. I think I can find something for this.......

What does it matter to you REALLY???? People are gonna buy wut they like. Would you throw the griffey's on your child's feet? Or punch them in the facebecause they don't know anything about him? Just to 1^ myself...

Back
Top Bottom