I have a computer virus. NT Computer heads help me out with this one....

Gill Baka Esq. LLC.

formerly grimlock
Whats up brahs.

I have this virus called "mypcbackup".

I got it trying to download a codec from CNET of all websites for powerpoint in order to listen to narrated slides my professor put up online.

I swear this is how I got this virus :lol:

So I ran Malwarebytes already and it detected some stuff and supposedly deleted it but it came back.

I'm in safe mode with networking right now and I found some advice on this site:

http://computervirusmanualremval.blogspot.com/2013/06/uninstall-mypc-backup-to-disable-backup.html

Should I take the advice listed on this site? Looking for the NT comp squad to chime in and help me out here....

much appreciated! :nthat:

Cnet / download.com is starting to bundle all kinds of BS crap that you can't opt out of with their downloads, they don't even aware you of the crap until after you've installed something. :smh: I try not to use them anymore...

avg is really good to have for most common virus. I also use it with revo uninstaller.

Combofix is godly just make sure you follow the instructions...it's came through so many times but it is best to invest in norton virus protection...

:pimp: to all the replies in here.

so what I did was go into safe mode and then opened control panel and uninstalled the program....seems to have done the trick because the popups have stopped.

It's really ****** that this could happen from such a legit site as CNET.....I've been reading up on them and a lot of people are complaining these days about d/l something but something else is d/l as well without your consent.

Gotta be careful these days meng.

pimp.gif
to all the replies in here.

so what I did was go into safe mode and then opened control panel and uninstalled the program....seems to have done the trick because the popups have stopped.

It's really ****** that this could happen from such a legit site as CNET.....I've been reading up on them and a lot of people are complaining these days about d/l something but something else is d/l as well without your consent.

Gotta be careful these days meng.
CNET is NOT a legit site anymore. As others have stated, they essentially bundle viruses & crapware with their programs. It's unfortunate that Viacom/CBS have turned CNET away from a legitimate model.

Back
Top Bottom