I just got a parking ticket. quick question

Sup. I just got a parking ticket for street cleaning. I hella forgot today was street cleaning because i usually have work monday mornings and id be gone bythen. So I slept in today and woke up to the ticket on the hood.

My question is tho, they misspelled my license plate number, it was off by a letter. Instead of a Z, they put an X. Is there some way I could get out thisticket?? 50 bucks is alot these days.

Thanks.

tough one.....cause they dont have your name....but they do have your location....hard call

I think you are safe. Just dont park around there for awhile
tongue.gif

that is a tough one. id wait to see if they send u a coursity notice. since the plate number they wrote down and yur information does not match then they mightnot send u a notice, but im not sure. post how it turns out cause i wanna know

You should be safe. Happened to my brother last year. Also miswrote his license plate by 1 letter. I guess the bill was sent to the car with the license platethat the parking police put. consider yourself lucky my dude!

I was thinking the same thing. But I would wait it out. If you get the courtesy notice in the mail, contest it. If not, consider yourself lucky. $50 dollarsain't nothing compared to the city. Haha. Try $75 for street cleaning in my neighborhood.

Originally Posted by Daver

I was thinking the same thing. But I would wait it out. If you get the courtesy notice in the mail, contest it. If not, consider yourself lucky. $50 dollars ain't nothing compared to the city. Haha. Try $75 for street cleaning in my neighborhood.
...$30 here. I'd pay the $50 for peace of mind.

Even after they send you the letter you have like twenty days or more to send it the money so wait it out?

Originally Posted by Mikkol109

they might have your vin number
If they do, the ticket will say so and you will get the courtesy notice. If it says Vin Obstructed or something to that effect you should be inthe clear.

This happened to me about 2 years ago, however, it was for an expired meter.

They ended up adding an additional letter to my plate so it had 8 digits. I never got a courtesy notice and I have had my license plate looked up and nothing.I think you should be good.

i live in SF, ....they didnt get my VIN #, they wrote "cannot read" on the ticket.

i checked the website and typed in my license plate number and nothing shows....i should be good then right.?

Back
Top Bottom