I just got a parking ticket. quick question

Sup. I just got a parking ticket for street cleaning. I hella forgot today was street cleaning because i usually have work monday mornings and id be gone by then. So I slept in today and woke up to the ticket on the hood.

My question is tho, they misspelled my license plate number, it was off by a letter. Instead of a Z, they put an X. Is there some way I could get out this ticket?? 50 bucks is alot these days.

oh and another thing, they put down "09" but i got my 2010 sticker, just never put it up yet, would that also make a difference..?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by pluhone

Sup. I just got a parking ticket
laugh.gif

Seriously though, I wouldn't pay it.

I've heard that if they make a mistake on your ticket it can be dismissed.

Maybe someone can confirm it.

nah they gave it to my car, but had some errors on the ticket..
and yeah i just need someone to confirm this.

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

I've heard that if they make a mistake on your ticket it can be dismissed.

Maybe someone can confirm it.
There is one answer to every legal question and that answer is: "It depends." I've read people saying the officer can correct anyinfo in the courtroom, the judge will sometimes throw it out, it depends on the state, etc... If you really want to fight something, get a lawyer.

But as for the sticker thing, if its not on the plate, its your fault.

look up your license plate online... if it doesn't show up then throw it away. If not then see a judge, maybe they'll throw it out.

Go spray paint the sign, take a picture of it, and say you didnt know it was streetcleaning. I've done this twice and got my tickets overturned.

Originally Posted by Hen Lin 32

Originally Posted by OkieDoqui

Go spray paint the sign, take a picture of it, and say you didnt know it was streetcleaning. I've done this twice and got my tickets overturned.
this is a well thought out solution.
pimp.gif

...OP makes a thread later, NT I just got a citation for vandalism.
My bad, I forgot to mention kill anyone who gets in your way.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Hen Lin 32

this is a well thought out solution.
pimp.gif

...OP makes a thread later, NT I just got a citation for vandalism.
lol
i just checked the website, says i got no citation for my car...hopefully that means im good.
glasses.gif

You dont have to pay it. My bro in law used to help people fight parking tickets in NYC and these were the easiest. Simply because they have no record of yougetting one since there was a typo.

Only time ive ever gotten a parking ticket, i stayed too long in a pay-to-park lot and got a ticket. But i came outta the bar, saw it, and threw it on theground, being that i was drunk and not thinking straight. I was also on that "they got no authority to charge me money" tip (it was a privately ownedlot).

Like a month later i got a letter in the mail claiming i owed them twice the amount on the ticket, cause it was delinquent.

So i called them up and told them ive never even been in that part of the city, it was be some mistake. They asked me my make, model, color, plate number etcand i said "yup" to everything, but still denied being there. To my surprise i think the lady on the phone just got tired of my denying it and shesaid she'd erase the ticket.

Moral of the story: deny everything. You never know, it might work.

(ps - i did not drive home drunk that night, NT's own BIG FAME ONE drove my car home. He may or may not have been drunk)

If they were serious about the ticket, then they shouldn't have misspelled your liscense plate or get your sticker info wrong.

because of that... I wouldn't take it serious.

It won't show up in the database for a while, usually the cop will finish the ticket book he was using first...check a few days before its due or when youhave to decide to appeal

Originally Posted by Tz12789

You dont have to pay it. My bro in law used to help people fight parking tickets in NYC and these were the easiest. Simply because they have no record of you getting one since there was a typo.

It may be different where you live, but this is how it works in CA. Even though they put the ticket on your windshield wiper, they will mail you a notice ofthe citation for you to pay (to the address of the registered owner of the vehicle). Just wait it out until that comes in, and if it does, pay it then...otherwise you're straight. If they got the wrong license plate number they probably wont be able to link it to you and your ride. That paying doublething is bogus. How is parking enforcement going to hold you accountable if you "never got" the ticket? When I was in living in the dorms incollege I used to be a jerk (well im still a jerk but thats a different story alltogether) and if I ever saw anyone with a parking ticket on their windshield Iwould grab it and put it on another car in the parking lot. Its impossible for them to confirm that you actually received notice of the ticket if it was justleft on your car. They have to mail you something. Sit tight dude, dont pay nothing unless you get notice in the mail.

This man speaks the truth. All joking aside, this works. Again... when I was living in the dorms at Cal State Long Beach, there were 3 parking spots right outside the door from my suite which were reserved for "official university vehicles" or handicapped parking. The damn parking lot was a good 5 minute walk from the dorm so me and my boys would always use one of the parking spots designated for university vehicles. Lucky for us, the sign and post was loose and after several months of trying to drop kick the sign while drunk, and generally shaking the heck out of it, it came completely loose (with a big chunk of asphalt around the base). We pulled the sign out the ground, threw it over the fence into the park, and took some spray paint and painted over the "no parking" on the asphalt. Since the lines were white and not blue, we took pics and argued that we didnt know any better cause there were no posted signs or signage on the ground in the parking stall. 100% beat that ticket everytime.

spray paint trick wont work depending on the state and judge. my dad got caught going down over 30 on this infamous neighborhood road where the cops wait foryou at the bottom to catch you (and it's really easy to do 40+ cause it's downhill and no traffic). my dad saw the speed limit sign spray painted(probably someone from NT) and took a pic and tried to fight it but they said no and he had to pay fine and points i believe. i just know he coudln't getaway with it.

i also heard even if they write your info down wrong, it doesn't matter. like on car forums i heard people like the cop put down completely diff. make andmodel and they still couldn't get it dismissed. if you don't wanna go thru all the trouble and waste your time just pay the 50 bucks and keep itmoving. if it's THAT important to you then try to fight it but if it was me i'd just pay it and call it a day.

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Only time ive ever gotten a parking ticket, i stayed too long in a pay-to-park lot and got a ticket. But i came outta the bar, saw it, and threw it on the ground, being that i was drunk and not thinking straight. I was also on that "they got no authority to charge me money" tip (it was a privately owned lot).

Like a month later i got a letter in the mail claiming i owed them twice the amount on the ticket, cause it was delinquent.

So i called them up and told them ive never even been in that part of the city, it was be some mistake. They asked me my make, model, color, plate number etc and i said "yup" to everything, but still denied being there. To my surprise i think the lady on the phone just got tired of my denying it and she said she'd erase the ticket.

(ps - i did not drive home drunk that night, NT's own BIG FAME ONE drove my car home. He may or may not have been drun
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

spray paint trick wont work depending on the state and judge. my dad got caught going down over 30 on this infamous neighborhood road where the cops wait for you at the bottom to catch you (and it's really easy to do 40+ cause it's downhill and no traffic). my dad saw the speed limit sign spray painted (probably someone from NT) and took a pic and tried to fight it but they said no and he had to pay fine and points i believe. i just know he coudln't get away with it.

i also heard even if they write your info down wrong, it doesn't matter. like on car forums i heard people like the cop put down completely diff. make and model and they still couldn't get it dismissed. if you don't wanna go thru all the trouble and waste your time just pay the 50 bucks and keep it moving. if it's THAT important to you then try to fight it but if it was me i'd just pay it and call it a day.
Probably because it was a speeding ticket and more than likely he had already past another sign, or if there is no sign posted I know there arestill speed limits. But with parking tickets its always worked. I got outta a campus ticket a month ago over some bull crap security check in thing for thedorms. They tried to hit me with a $395 ticket because they said I was blocking a handciap parking spot when A) they told me to park there B) I had to get outof my car to check in C) When the lot attendant came around to give me a ticket there was a car blockin me in which he allowed to leave but decided to write mea ticket. I filed an appeal, got down everyones names, and had reciepts of all the day parking passes I had bought that entire week, and got it overturned.Don't ever just accept a ticket, theres usually a way to contest it.

Unless you run your Yaris into a Taco Bell.

Originally Posted by ridikuloz

look up your license plate online... if it doesn't show up then throw it away. If not then see a judge, maybe they'll throw it out.
DO NOT throw it away. Hold onto it for at least 6mos just in case. But other than that, everything the quotee said

Originally Posted by henz0

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Only time ive ever gotten a parking ticket, i stayed too long in a pay-to-park lot and got a ticket. But i came outta the bar, saw it, and threw it on the ground, being that i was drunk and not thinking straight. I was also on that "they got no authority to charge me money" tip (it was a privately owned lot).

So i called them up and told them ive never even been in that part of the city, it was be some mistake. They asked me my make, model, color, plate number etc and i said "yup" to everything, but still denied being there. To my surprise i think the lady on the phone just got tired of my denying it and she said she'd erase the ticket.

(ps - i did not drive home drunk that night, NT's own BIG FAME ONE drove my car home. He may or may not have been drun
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Jake has been the best DD ive ever had, other than maybe my girl.

But i dont get as drunk with her as i do with Jake. Big homie has held me down for years.

Back
Top Bottom