I know I can't be the only wrestler on NT - CUTTING WEIGHT UNAPPRECIATION!

<vent>

I have to get up at 5:45-6:00 AM for a wrestling tourney tomorrow and I can't eat or drink anything until then or else I won't make weight.
mad.gif
I'm already dehydrated as hell from cutting 3.5 pounds tonight. As if that wasn't enough, it kills my Friday night as well as most of my Saturday. This sucks.
frown.gif

</vent>

Im not a wrestler but i have a lot of friends that are. They do some ridiculous @@@% to make weight

you like to touch men?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You're probably the same dude that would get their%@+% handed to them ifyou ever ran your mouth like that in real life. But I'm guessing you keep quiet in the real world, but somehow gain 50 lb when you get online. Wrestlersare some of the few people you should never %$@@ with because there is no way you can keep up with them in a fight.

i wore the spandex in high school.

nothin like showing your package for all the cheerleaders in the front row.

wrestler would MERK a boxer in a one on one fight...im with moonmaster3 on this one...they're just
eek.gif
(no+!#!*)

all i know is i have been wrestling since i was 4 years old.

cutting weight is def hard but well worth it.
i remember when i was 90lbs 8th grade year and i was preparing for regionals
i cut all the way down to 75lbs in one week and took 1st...

well worth it because once you weigh in and eat, you go back to your normal size...
good look and stay focussed!

I seen my friends diet and weight cutting during the season. I'm convinced being a wrestler has to be one of the most damaging things you could do toyourself. I'm not trying to take anything away from wrestlers (people always make the mistake of fighting with a wrestler), but the stuff wrestlers do tothemselves cannot be healthy. But I love eating thanksgiving food around them
laugh.gif

sorry, its just at my high school, the basketball players and the wrestlers didn't get along at all. oh and i do not fight, i am a pacifist lo siento

Originally Posted by atljunkie

all i know is i have been wrestling since i was 4 years old.

cutting weight is def hard but well worth it.
i remember when i was 90lbs 8th grade year and i was preparing for regionals
i cut all the way down to 75lbs in one week and took 1st...

well worth it because once you weigh in and eat, you go back to your normal size...
good look and stay focussed!

Damn man, that's crazy. That must've be so much harder on your body since you were pretty young.
Originally Posted by gko2408

I seen my friends diet and weight cutting during the season. I'm convinced being a wrestler has to be one of the most damaging things you could do to yourself. I'm not trying to take anything away from wrestlers (people always make the mistake of fighting with a wrestler), but the stuff wrestlers do to themselves cannot be healthy. But I love eating thanksgiving food around them
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah, I agree, it's definitely a very unhealthy sport.

Originally Posted by mieraviking

sorry, its just at my high school, the basketball players and the wrestlers didn't get along at all. oh and i do not fight, i am a pacifist lo siento

I used to be a basketball player. I quit after my sophomore year and took up wrestling my junior year (I wrestled junior league for a year in elementaryschool so I already knew I had natural ability) because I hated my coach. I still play basketball, and I can tell you that the two aren't even close. Notto take anything away from basketball players, but wrestling is so much more physically demanding.

P.S. - I made weight (140 lbs.) and got 3rd place today! Yay!
happy.gif

Most of the guys there were pretty bad, though.
laugh.gif
The only match I lost was by decision(I headlocked him twice but still couldn't get him over either time). But, the guy I pinned in my final match was a guy who pinned the guy that I lost to.
laugh.gif
So, it's all good.
laugh.gif

To everyone:

Do not feel pity for the thread starter.

He asks me how much do I tip the pizza guy for bringing him 30 wings on thursday night.

NYKnicks53 (9:44:10 PM): yo dude i ordered 30 sexy@%!! wings for $20.40
NYKnicks53 (9:44:13 PM): how much should i tip the guy?
rEsuRECTION1999 (9:44:26 PM): give him 25 in total
NYKnicks53 (9:44:30 PM): word
NYKnicks53 (9:44:43 PM): i'm not gonna make weight for wrestling on saturday
NYKnicks53 (9:44:44 PM): lol
rEsuRECTION1999 (9:44:48 PM): lmfao
NYKnicks53 (9:44:55 PM): gonna be like 8 pounds over
NYKnicks53 (9:45:02 PM): sorry guys....ate some
pimp.gif
wings

Emre, I really hope you didn't down all 30 wings too, you fat slob.

I have a lot of friends that wrestle and wrestling is pretty much the only sport our school is ranked at. The stuff they do to loose weight is crazy. It'scrazy how hot they get the wrestling room too.. It's like 102 degress in there. The wrestling coaches walk around the lunch room to make sure that thewrestlers eat healthy and if they don't eat the coaches make em eat a sub sandwich.. I used to think that wrestling was dumb but now I see how hard itwould be.. By the way I play basketball

Originally Posted by Yoda

laugh.gif
Nah, I ate like 12 of them. The rest are in the fridge about to be demolished right now. And damn, why do I have to be all that?
laugh.gif
I'm fatAND a slob too?
frown.gif
Sorry we all can't be as skinny as you, Dommy.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Gettin It Crackin

Originally Posted by Yoda

laugh.gif
Nah, I ate like 12 of them. The rest are in the fridge about to be demolished right now. And damn, why do I have to be all that?
laugh.gif
I'm fat AND a slob too?
frown.gif
Sorry we all can't be as skinny as you, Dommy.
laugh.gif

It's tough being me.

You know, making weight for the pizzeria is hard.

I had a co-worker that is a wrestler and what he had to do to lose weight to make the U.S. Olympic team for next year was crazy. He'd go the whole day andjust eat a bag of chips and drink a bottle of water. He made his weight and won his tournament and is headed to Beijing.

my friend wrestles here at ASU and i feel bad as hell for him when he's cuttin weight

i cut 10lbs for my boxing match a few weeks ago..did it in 3 days
laugh.gif
...i gained about 15 back since then and i dont have anything scheduled for a few monthsso ima get my big boy on

i don't think a wrestler would beat a boxer in a fight in response to that post made earlier, but anyways, my friend didn't eat anything all week forlunch and had salad for dinner and breakfast just to lose 8 pounds to make 152. i was like damn you serious? ahah

Back
Top Bottom