I know Im late, Just saw the Movie "Kids"

still cant find this movie.

nerd.gif

That was how life was for some kids in NYC at that time. Mostly the really messed up ones. People have liberal parents, extremely strict/conservative and then those that parents that flat out don't care. Then there are those with no parents. It's really how you were brought up. If I did %%%% like that I would get a *!% kicking of a lifetime.

I've been watching kids since it was on VHS.
This is like $6.99 DVD @ target for about 5 or 6 years now

Originally Posted by arhymingape12

so with all the sex being talked about is there any tittays bein shown? i would like to know before i go and find it
from what i remember there isnt. why would care ayways when you have the internet at your disposal? 
laugh.gif

that ending was wild though. shows how fast std's can spread.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

You should watch Ken Park
laugh.gif
grin.gif

actually i was gonna move on to that next...i just gotta find it.. Kids was in a video store for a 50 cent rental ill check on ken park today

Originally Posted by 360wavesandxbox

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

You should watch Ken Park
laugh.gif
grin.gif

actually i was gonna move on to that next...i just gotta find it.. Kids was in a video store for a 50 cent rental ill check on ken park today

Ken park is just....
eek.gif
...some scenes were really disturbing

yeah..the movie is pretty dated when you think about it..the lack of cell phones was evident of the times, but the message is still just as powerful...and it was cool to see Rosario Dawson THAT young haha.. The movie had so many quoteables though..had me ROLLIN..
roll.gif

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

Dam yall must be young as hell.

BUT yes, there was a period where kids did not have cell phones
eek.gif
  You were considered cool if you had a beeper back in the 90s.  oh and kids back then would be made fun of if they wore skinny jeans
happy.gif

Spoiler [+]
I'm just being a silly jerk, don't take it seriously
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

yeah..the movie is pretty dated when you think about it..the lack of cell phones was evident of the times, but the message is still just as powerful...and it was cool to see Rosario Dawson THAT young haha.. The movie had so many quoteables though..had me ROLLIN..
roll.gif

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

Dam yall must be young as hell.

BUT yes, there was a period where kids did not have cell phones
eek.gif
  You were considered cool if you had a beeper back in the 90s.  oh and kids back then would be made fun of if they wore skinny jeans
happy.gif

Spoiler [+]
I'm just being a silly jerk, don't take it seriously
laugh.gif
I had a red see through big boy pager........hahaha. 

Originally Posted by Thank Me Later

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

classic.. i can see people looking back at this movie in the future since it's an honest depiction of life for a lot of kids

honestly, its not.

You sound very sheltered my man.

everytime i hear about this movie i remeber the scene where theyre in the train & the dude comes on with the skate board singing "I have no legs"   
laugh.gif

smh.gif

Ken Park is on a WHOLEEEEE 'nother level compared to Kids!

There are 2 different versions though, the one I got is supposed to be the 'worst' of the two.

classic.. i can see people looking back at this movie in the future since it's an honest depiction of life for a lot of kids

honestly, its not.

how do you know?

i did A LOT of the things those kids in the movie did just like i'm sure plenty of NTers have, especially those of us who grew up in the city.. there are very few parts of the movie i'd consider a force..

so you stole liquor.

you #$##@$ virgins everyday.

you smoked weed everyday.

you beat people up at a skate park.

The movie exaggerated too much. They should've toned it down a little to make it seem real. 
the kids were like 15 or 16
kids that age r smashin n smokin weed n fightin n drinkin
laugh.gif

this movie happens everday

ps YNS
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom