I need a barber in Downtown Berkeley or Downtown Oakland!

Like the title says I need a good barber in or around Downtown Berkeley or Downtown Oakland. I get bald fades and have straight hair. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

There is a barber shop on clay between 9th n 10th.

There are a few others on Franklin(1 on the corner of 17th I believe) and another on the second floor on the corner of 17th n broadway.

Originally Posted by DeNs415

There are a few others on Franklin(1 on the corner of 17th I believe) and another on the second floor on the corner of 17th n broadway.

If you know the names of the shops it will help? I'll try looking on yelp to find out the names.

Thanks

When I went to cal I'd catch the bus down university to Sacramento st and hop on the 88 bus line and go to Johnson's barber shop on sac near ashby or durant st. One of those. I know there still there but haven't been there in years and years.

I used to go to a spot in Oakland that was real good but the two barbers moved to Hayward and I still go to Hayward to get cuts now. If you don't want to go to far though Hayward is a bit of a journey.

sorry for the thread jack, but are there are barbershops around these areas that can cut black people's hair good?. i need an official barbershop to go to now in or around the east bay....

Originally Posted by jordans no vans

sorry for the thread jack, but are there are barbershops around these areas that can cut black people's hair good?. i need an official barbershop to go to now in or around the east bay....
Many barber shops in Oakland are run by blacks. It's just that I have straight hair, and everyone I've tried didn't fade me right.
ohwell.gif

Lucky's
pimp.gif

OP ask for Yon or Snoop, them ++!%#* got bars.

edit: Snoop is appointment only which isn't a bad idea anyway since the place can get packed during peak hours.

(510) 836-5825, that's the number to the shop.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by jordans no vans

Many barber shops in Oakland are run by blacks. It's just that I have straight hair, and everyone I've tried didn't fade me right.
ohwell.gif
you happen to know of any names?

Probably Lucky's like the guys mentioned above. It's downtown in a fairly neutral area, so you don't have to worry about walking into any sketchy places.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Lucky's
pimp.gif

OP ask for Yon or Snoop, them ++!%#* got bars.

edit: Snoop is appointment only which isn't a bad idea anyway since the place can get packed during peak hours.

(510) 836-5825, that's the number to the shop.

I just called the number just to see if he can hook it up with straight hair. Number's disconnected bro. I pass by the place all the time, so I'll just walk in and ask.

That's strange. Shop is definitely still there I got a cut on Friday. PM me and I'll give you Yon's cell if you want it.

That's strange. Shop is definitely still there I got a cut on Friday. PM me and I'll give you Yon's cell if you want it.

I dropped by and got cut by Yon. Not bad, but I've gotten the same work done elsewhere for $15. But I'm not tripping.

How long did the cut take and did he hit you with the straight razor? I kinda forgot to mention, I gotta sneaking suspicion he puts more effort into his regulars. Takes that @+*@% damn near 50 minutes to cut me lol.

How long did the cut take and did he hit you with the straight razor? I kinda forgot to mention, I gotta sneaking suspicion he puts more effort into his regulars. Takes that @+*@% damn near 50 minutes to cut me lol.

I wasn't paying much attention to time, but I want to say 30 minutes? I was blinking most times because I hate getting hair near my eyes.
laugh.gif
So I don't know if I got the straight razor, I really don't think so, because I had a few pimples on my hairline, so it was probably better to not use it. He asked me who sent me here and I was like " this dude on Niketalk" and "this dude on Yelp".
roll.gif
Yeah I looked on yelp, and someone on there recommended him too. I'll probably be back next week again just because I'm closeby. What day do you usually go?

I only go like a once a month on random days, I usually cut my own hair.

Oh I see. What's your name bro? I'll tell him next time so maybe he'll give you even more special treatment.
laugh.gif

Don's Headquarters in South Berkeley has a good barber by the name of Jason. Ken cut the best fades, but he was murdered last month.

Johnson's on the corner of Ashby and Sacramento Larry is good there, i wouldnt recommend anyone else there though

Btw, how much do the haircuts run at the above mentioned places? I'm looking for a good barber myself around downtown Berkeley.

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

Btw, how much do the haircuts run at the above mentioned places? I'm looking for a good barber myself around downtown Berkeley.

Lucky's is $20. I think pretty much every place is $20 in downtown Oakland. But some give student discounts.

Back
Top Bottom