I need advice...charged with Simple Assault @ Ultra Club

gotshpat

Banned
So me and couple of my buddies decide to go out before I went out back home to my country and %$*...it was friday night 10/22/10 the line to get in was real long. So decided to get a table for 300..so we all having a good time you know drinking and what not. As we're leaving the club we're outside and this white kid i'd say around his 20's or whatever decides to come and f... with me asking me for directions, grabbed me by my shoulder and pulled my jacket down...so I turn around and he saw that I wasnt going answer and meant no games. His brother or friend steps in the middle and gives me a shove to the neck...I go ahead and hit that fool in the mouth breaking his teeth or lip i know it was real swollen....and I was aware of the cops being around. They arrested me and took me in for 5 hours....no bail or anything like that. Got court date on November 10th....and thats the day I was suppose to fly back home.

Any advice for me? I mean first thing I know to get a lawyer because I dont have any time..make sure i'm ready.

This is my first offence ever never had anything on my record....what am I looking at? Probation? Jailtime? Community service?

How much will all this %$* cost me?

So me and couple of my buddies decide to go out before I went out back home to my country and %$*...it was friday night 10/22/10 the line to get in was real long. So decided to get a table for 300..so we all having a good time you know drinking and what not. As we're leaving the club we're outside and this white kid i'd say around his 20's or whatever decides to come and f... with me asking me for directions, grabbed me by my shoulder and pulled my jacket down...so I turn around and he saw that I wasnt going answer and meant no games. His brother or friend steps in the middle and gives me a shove to the neck...I go ahead and hit that fool in the mouth breaking his teeth or lip i know it was real swollen....and I was aware of the cops being around. They arrested me and took me in for 5 hours....no bail or anything like that. Got court date on November 10th....and thats the day I was suppose to fly back home.

Any advice for me? I mean first thing I know to get a lawyer because I dont have any time..make sure i'm ready.

This is my first offence ever never had anything on my record....what am I looking at? Probation? Jailtime? Community service?

How much will all this %$* cost me?

if you have witnesses claim self defense saying that they were drunk, harassing you, calling you racial slurs. lie your but off. and let your witnesses back your story. i doubt jail time tho. maybe community service...if that.

if you have witnesses claim self defense saying that they were drunk, harassing you, calling you racial slurs. lie your but off. and let your witnesses back your story. i doubt jail time tho. maybe community service...if that.

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

Thanks for reminding me as to why I never leave Georgetown.

You act like something like this couldn't happen in Georgetown and how many times will you remind us you live there.

You act like something like this couldn't happen in Georgetown and how many times will you remind us you live there.

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

laugh.gif
 Right.
$+$ is he talkin bout. I've seen PLENTY of drunken fights on Georgetown nights

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

laugh.gif
 Right.
$+$ is he talkin bout. I've seen PLENTY of drunken fights on Georgetown nights

lets not forget all the dudes are soft in georgetown.

like destinations kicks said, cant u just hop on a plane? your country? im not sure if this would be a problem if you try to fly back into the country, but i doubt it.

lets not forget all the dudes are soft in georgetown.

like destinations kicks said, cant u just hop on a plane? your country? im not sure if this would be a problem if you try to fly back into the country, but i doubt it.

Maybe outside Third Edition or bars that arent frequented by rift raff that cant handle their booze and resort to fist fights.

In all seriousness, You need to get an attorney and fight it, I doubt anything more than a fine/court fees are all youre going to have to deal with. Claim self defense, explain the situation and youll be fine. Fleeing the country will provide you with a whole slew of new problems.

Maybe outside Third Edition or bars that arent frequented by rift raff that cant handle their booze and resort to fist fights.

In all seriousness, You need to get an attorney and fight it, I doubt anything more than a fine/court fees are all youre going to have to deal with. Claim self defense, explain the situation and youll be fine. Fleeing the country will provide you with a whole slew of new problems.

I was suppose to go on vacation on November 10th, i paid for my ticket on the 22nd went out that following night and this happened. Cancelling my flight $300 dollar fine, moving it to a different date...$300 fine. Not sure what I'm going to do but I will tell that to the lawyer and see what he tells me.

Thanks guys..wish me good luck.

Peace.

I was suppose to go on vacation on November 10th, i paid for my ticket on the 22nd went out that following night and this happened. Cancelling my flight $300 dollar fine, moving it to a different date...$300 fine. Not sure what I'm going to do but I will tell that to the lawyer and see what he tells me.

Thanks guys..wish me good luck.

Peace.

You'll be fine ..

And I doubt ya'll have self defense in DC ..

You'll get community service or it may get thrown out or put on stat ( stay outta trouble for a year and it gets thrown out )

Esp if it's your 1st charge ..

Back
Top Bottom