I never did anything remotely this interesting with my Legos

Originally Posted by filipin0y

i remember back in kindergarten i had this one lego car that i built. mad clean. took me about 5 hours to put together. i brought it to school for show and tell and played with it all day
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
then i was running home so i can play with my other legos and i accidentally dropped it. it shattered into all the tiny pieces. i stared at it for a good 10 seconds before i busted out crying. half the pieces went in the gutter and i never played with legos again....
frown.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

A house made out of Lego

Many of us like LEGO, different kind of buildings and structures. There are awesome models of ship models, such as Harry S. Truman aircraft carrier or famous people made out of LEGO. But this one is the biggest project which I ever saw. James May, a toy fan from UK, went far away from the other LEGO builders and modelers. He made a real house of LEGO bricks, in which you can spend some weekend or made a party in it. Very impressive, don’t you think so?

[h4]
[/h4]

[h1]St Pancras...The LEGO Version[/h1]

It contains over 60,000 bricks and four working clocks. It took eight weeks to build. This LEGO version of St Pancras was created by Warren Elsmore, Chairman of the Brickish Association (a society for adult enthusiasts of the plastic blocks).

"I chose St Pancras Station after the Brickish Association completed a PR project for LEGO, whereby we re-created a number of UK landmarks for local schools," he says. "That project included 30 St Marys' Axe (The Gerkin) and Big Ben, but I've always liked St Pancras since the time I used to commute into Kings Cross or St Pancras itself. Because the building is so complex, it presented a great building challenge too. Though not quite as tough as the Barlow shed, which is my next project!"

Click through the gallery to see closeups of this marvellous creation. Further snaps can be found on Warren's Flickr stream, and his web site. And there's a neat video over on the BBC.

Originally Posted by GetYaShinebox

That's crazy.
a lot of those pieces weren't even around in my Lego prime.

6897-1.jpg
pimp.gif

I was gunna say the same thing..they didn't even make a 1/4 of the parts they make now back in the day.

I was ill with the Legos from an early age. Moms was convinced I would grow up to be an architect or an engineer.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

A house made out of Lego

Many of us like LEGO, different kind of buildings and structures. There are awesome models of ship models, such as Harry S. Truman aircraft carrier or famous people made out of LEGO. But this one is the biggest project which I ever saw. James May, a toy fan from UK, went far away from the other LEGO builders and modelers. He made a real house of LEGO bricks, in which you can spend some weekend or made a party in it. Very impressive, don’t you think so?

They demolished it
frown.gif
 Someone could have had it for free if they could pay/find a way to move it.  Not sure why May didn't find a way to keep it...

Back
Top Bottom