I never knew that......

If you had $500 in pennies,

you could theoretically melt it down and sell it for $1000 worth of metal.

This is, of course, very illegal.

There's no point in collecting pennies...if it ever became legal to melt pennies everyone would do it and then the price would drop.

I have been collecting cooper pennies for a while now, 8lbs so far... I don't even know what to do with it lol...

I have been collecting cooper pennies for a while now, 8lbs so far... I don't even know what to do with it lol...
Take it to a walmart or grocery store the have this change machine that you put the change in after it counts it all it gives you a receipt take it to the cashier and she gives you the money in cash

No fees

I did this and got 14 bucks

My bro did this but he got kicked outta the house for stealing ..... Lol

Take it to a walmart or grocery store the have this change machine that you put the change in after it counts it all it gives you a receipt take it to the cashier and she gives you the money in cash

No fees

Cool thanx for your 2cents. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

No fees

I believe coinstar charges 6.9 cents per dollar...

No fees

I believe coinstar charges 6.9 cents per dollar...
They might I'm not sure

Coinstar definitely charges. You can roll em and take it to the bank to exchange I think.

If you had $500 in pennies,
you could theoretically melt it down and sell it for $1000 worth of metal.
This is, of course, very illegal.

Only applies to pennies made in 1982 and earlier which were 95% copper,newer ones are made with 97.5% zinc and only have a metal value of .005 cents.....Where my fellow coin collectors at :lol: :nerd:

Only applies to pennies made in 1982 and earlier which were 95% copper,newer ones are made with 97.5% zinc and only have a metal value of .005 cents.....Where my fellow coin collectors at :lol: :nerd:
Thats actually true.. Copper pennies and silver quarters is a good keep.

Back
Top Bottom