I never knew that......

Since the crash he's been a danger to himself and to other drivers, but, uh, if he comes near me I'm gonna put him in the wall. Simple as that. I don't expect I'll see too much of him... except in my rear view mirror

Whole buncha nters felt the inside of their mouth
roll.gif

The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.

Elephants are the only mammals that can't jump

The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear. Any cup-shaped object placed over the ear produces the same effect.

Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.

College Hoops fans -

Bruce Pearl's always been a shady *** dude. The timeline stretches waaaaaay back. :smh:

Prior to becoming the all-time leading scorer at Illinois from 1990-94, 6'9" McDonald's All-American Deon Thomas was a central figure in a recruiting scandal.

Regarded as one of the top prospects in high school basketball, Thomas was recruited by, among others, Illinois and the University of Iowa.

An assistant coach at Iowa, Bruce Pearl, recorded a phone conversation with Thomas during which Thomas allegedly admitted to have been offered a Chevy Blazer and cash from Illinois assistant coach Jimmy Collins. Pearl later turned the recording in to the NCAA, accompanied by a memo describing the events.

Thomas denied having received such an offer from Illinois, and no proof of an offer or of improper benefits given to Thomas was found. On the other hand, while the NCAA never formally charged Thomas with any wrongdoing, the resulting investigation uncovered a few minor NCAA violations.

The NCAA charged Illinois with a major infraction on November 7, 1990. Since it was Illinois' third violation in six years, the NCAA cited Illinois with a "lack of institutional control" charge and implemented several recruiting restrictions and a one-year postseason ban.

Deon Thomas has become a symbol of the intense Big Ten Conference rivalry between the universities of Illinois and Iowa. His recruitment and the resulting NCAA investigation and punishment is naturally interpreted differently by many Illinois supporters and many Iowa supporters, and the incident remains a catalyst for the heightened rivalry between Iowa and Illinois, years after his college career has ended.

In 2006, when asked in an interview about forgiving Pearl, Thomas said "it's hard to forgive a snake".

Back
Top Bottom