I owe my career to Method Man and Niketalk. True Story.

I use to go hard in the paint on NT, racking up posts on posts. Had like a 4 year break when I fell out of love with the shoe game though and stopped posting. I've always been a lurker though in that time on General and S/T. 

Anyway, I forgot my account PW and all that good stuff so it's been forever since I've posted. When NT launched their new site today, I saw I could just create a new account without waiting 6 months to be approved so I decided to do something today that I've been meaning to do for quite some time.

Method Man.. thank you, sir.

About 5 years ago I was a young cat, going into my senior year at high school. Captain of the football team, all the new J's on my feet, getting the yams, life was good. Of course, I had to apply for college around this time. I always thought of myself as a bright kid, scored well on the ACT/SAT, had a 4.0 my first 1.5 years in school, but that **** dropped all the way down to a 3.3 in the next 1.5 years when I became a pothead. Getting into the school of my dreams was no longer the guarantee that I once thought it would be.

In order to make up for my dumb GPA, I knew I had to straight up destroy my essays. Back in these days, Method Man would come on NT and straight school people with these long, intelligent, thoughtful posts that would leave the rest of the NT community feeling like they need to go read a dictionary. Dude was the best writer I "knew". 

Anyways, I reached out to Method Man with my essays, asking him if he would help proof read them for me. I will never forget the response I got back. 

"99% of the emails I get are from members trying to get their banned usernames back.. but this one is different. Absolutely, I would love to help you with your college essays".

I mean getting a response from the one and only Method Man was epic enough, but for him to agree to help me with my essays sent me on an emotional whirlwind. I was ecstatic. 

To conclude this TL;DR story up.. Method Man went above and beyond to help me with my essays. Tons of pointers and insights. It was unbelievable. I damn near had a whole new paper by the time I was done with it. I got into the college of my dreams, graduated in 4 years, and just started my first real job this summer in Downtown Chicago with a salary of over 60k a year.

I don't believe I would have ever got into the school or be where I am now without Meth.. so again, Thank you, sir. You never know how much you can affect someone's life with just one small, simple favor. 

I'm not looking to boost my cred, or humble brag. I doubt I ever really post on this board again, and if I do, it will be very rarely. Just wanted to acknowledge Meth for being a great person and helping out a total stranger. Hopefully he can inspire others to do the same. 

**CLIFFNOTES**

-Applying to colleges, essays required

-Method Man helped me with my essays

-Got into college, graduated

-Got a job making 60k+ in downtown Chicago

I should have asked meth for help on my college essays instead of trolling. Damn, why didn't I think of that.

I feel pretty ****** cause the first thing I did when this site went up was ask Meth for my name to get unbanned.

Good story though.

i always imagined Meth being too busy facilitating corporation mergers or fighting crime or something to help out like this, i genuinely enjoyed that study and Meth's charity will be duly noted. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smoking.gif

wow that's really inspiring, i wanna go to college too but my gpa is a 1.7, and i only have my senior year to bring it up../img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif

Damn, people are in such a bad mood because of this site change. This is a cool *** story, props to Meth for being a good person.

grimlock, im such a big fan bro..i just made an acc, but i'm a long time reader on NT. 

Wow this was a nice story OP. Props to Meth for doing that and to you for not taking it for granted and doing your work.

wow that's really inspiring, i wanna go to college too but my gpa is a 1.7, and i only have my senior year to bring it up..:frown:
Community College is always an option man. Do two years there and make sure that you have a really good GPA so that you'll be able to transfer into a 4 year university.

Wow this was a nice story OP. Props to Meth for doing that and to you for not taking it for granted and doing your work.
Community College is always an option man. Do two years there and make sure that you have a really good GPA so that you'll be able to transfer into a 4 year university.
Sounds like a plan...that was one of my options..is there anyway i could bring it up so i can go straight to college?

grimlock, im such a big fan bro..i just made an acc, but i'm a long time reader on NT. 

Either your trolling or your about to be my 2nd in command.

Either way if your still in h.s. and your trying to haul *** for college...do what you can do then apply to all the colleges you want to get in and some CC's....if you go to a CC then find out what the minimum transfer reqs. you need from your CC and talk to the admissions dept at the college(s) you want to go to and see what they need. Be on a best friend status with someone from the admissions dept at these colleges so they can help you out when the time comes to transition.

I can see Meth getting a lot of PMs now
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom