I really think that JB should consider re-retroing the Fire Red 3s asap. What do you guys think?

My release day pair is still holding up well...after probably 50+ wears. Only minor cracking. The only thing I would change is the shade of elephant print like other people have mentioned already.

Fire Reds would definitely be appreciated as well as Cool Grey 3's.. Wish the Steatlhs would have been scrapped and the Fire Reds woulda been released instead. They woulda been instacopped

Originally Posted by DZaster

Fire Reds would definitely be appreciated as well as Cool Grey 3's.. Wish the Steatlhs would have been scrapped and the Fire Reds woulda been released instead. They woulda been instacopped

This. Still need the Cool grey's. My FR's are have some cracking but love the shoes 
pimp.gif

my retroes were bought cracked, repainted the midsole 5 months ago and were them atleast once a week and no cracking. I'm almost to the point where when i buy JB signatures with foam soles i'll just strip and repaint when i buy.

well if they release them with the overall quality and shape like the 2011 versions but have dull black paintjob
instead of the hilarous glossy crap on the black/cements and stealths, then i will get them this time.

I kinda liked the black elephant print, but either print would be fine. They needa drop 'em soon though!

As long as they dont have that shiny %+% leather eh
yes im mad cements look like !%#!

Originally Posted by DZaster

real talk.  the cool grey CW murders the stealths.
FRs would be dope but i think it would be an ill touch if they lightened up the print on them from that dark charcoal color to a cement print color.

Yeah the OG FR's actually had the regular elephant/cement print grey, not the darker one. I kinda like the darker one though.

I do want a pair. I don't care if they retro or I get a pair from '07. As long as I get a pair I don't care if they retro or not. But I def don't think it's too early for a retro seeing how the white/black/red 9s been retroed 3 times in 8 years.

Yeah. I missed out on my pair ): I'm just worried about getting any 3's that are predominately white because of the yellowing heel tab.

Freeze wrote:

only if they do it right. with the correct color elephant print. if not, f it.
Rippaflow wrote:

They should do with OG color cement print with the OG style box... and make people fien with a QS simular to altitudes

SensezFail wrote:

real talk. the cool grey CW murders the stealths.
FRs would be dope but i think it would be an ill touch if they lightened up the print on them from that dark charcoal color to a cement print color.

drewsone wrote:
Yeah the OG FR's actually had the regular elephant/cement print grey, not the darker one. I kinda like the darker one though. 

I'm not sure where some of you guys are getting your info, but the O.G. Fire Reds DEFINITELY had the darker elephant print on them, and the retro version was almost identical.  Yeah, it may have been a TOUCH darker than the original print, but the O.G.'s NEVER had that lighter grey that's featured on the Cements, Blacks, or True Blues like you guys are talking about.  The only ones that were close to that were the Derek Anderson P.E./Katrina auction versions that were just Cements that had the black midsole replaced with red (which didn't wrap all the way around).  IMO, those looked terrible.

Peace,
   J

I think it was a bit more than a TOUCH, but you're right. The OG FR's did have darker print than the other 3's. But not as dark as the retros. The retro's look almost completely black at a glance, where as the OG's you can still see all of the lines in the print, but the shade of grey was definitely darker than the other 3's.

4367_400.jpg

136064-161_300.jpg

I wouldn't mind either but the retro appeals to me a bit more for some reason.

Seems logical to retro these at the end of this year given the onslaught of 3's. Why do we need stealth and black flips when a fire red retro would sell out the first weekend no questions asked? I agree though, bring back the OG print. It adds dimension to the shoe that the FR's lack. They almost look black and red, rather than having that charcoal elephant print of the OG's that brings the whole shoe together (much in the same way that the WCs and TBs are set off by the legendary gray print).

I'm glad dude corrected people saying the OG's had regular elephant print

Anyway, mine are cracked and I need to take a magic eraser to the heel tab...it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom