I think we all owe somebody an apology... (Eli Manning Appreciation)

I will give Eli his due for how he's played over the last month, but for real... My dude always got this look on his face
sick.gif
... It NEVER changes. And Iain't realized how damn strong dude's southern accent was until tonight. Soundin like a damn goober in his interviews.
laugh.gif

I really hate to see the Pats win the superbowl.

When I tell my kids that cheaters never win...they will answer back with "But what about the 2008 Patriots!"

I still don't like dude... but I respect him a whole lot more after the last three playoff games (and the week 17 game). Props.

is Eli the only QB that was in the playoffs to not turn the ball over

where is the hate?

what was a joke was all the giants fans hating on this kid morons

Eli has earned my respect.

The whole Tiki Barber situation makes this even more funny

I have always been on Eli's side although I got on him more this year than any other. Never thought he shouldn't be our QB, but really got pissed inthe heat of the moment in a game like the Minnesota one this yr. Even after that, I cooled off and probably came in here and said that it was just one game.Have always been on his side through thick and thin though and will still be the case no matter what happens on Feb. 3rd in Glendale. I have always said hewill have his haters even if he wins THE big one(Super Bowl), but it's all good.

Believe it or not, some fans HAVE been on his side no matter what. Even after the Minny game, I was one to say that it happens to everyone. You just gottatake every game with a grain of salt(word to the Cowboy fans). He is playing tremendous ball right now, what I truly thought he could do all along.

i dont like him for what he did to san diego but ehhh.. hes stepped his game up in the postseason so no hating on that part.
whatever gets the job done to beat ne pats.

i did say that if he didnt show and prove this year,he should be out. his work speaks for itself.

Coughlin did a good job with this team this year and getting Steve Spagnoulo (sp) was a good underrated move

...and dude's bashed me cause I called him above average, dudes saying he was trash.

He's come into his own, and he def deserves his props.

doesn't mean anything.

He didn't single handedly win any of those games so he isn't getting props from me.

He didn't single handedly win any of those games so he isn't getting props from me.
One player doesn't "single handedly" win any game in the NFL. That's why it's a team sport. Be out, please. This is NOTthe time to even attempt to bash Eli Manning.

And y'all laughed when I said he was the second best QB in the NFC East...

Umm, he still isnt. Romo, McNabb, Manning, in that order.

He just hit a streak over the past four weeks where he has been playing the best football in the NFL (aside from the Pats).

I would still take those two over Eli, but like I said in my first post in this thread, Eli over the past 4 weeks - Appreciated.

doesn't mean anything.

True or false does he have 3 playoff road wins to his resume out playing Garcia, Romo, Frave

Eli in the reg season a i would guess league high 1.7 TOs per game had ZERO in 3 playoff games, his improved play has this team where it is

Originally Posted by youngin33

One player doesn't "single handedly" win any game in the NFL. That's why it's a team sport.

exactly, why does he deserve props if its a team sport? why not give the team props instead of a single player on that team? I watched 3 straightshows on ESPN and all they talked about were the Patriots & Eli Manning. I hate that QBs get all the glory when they win and get blamed when they lose.

Eli had 254 with NO TDS or ints. He had over 50% completion. But other than that, big deal. Bradshaw & Jacobs carried(no pun intended) the Giants. ThenWebster came up huge with the INT in OT. Eli didn't do anything in OT except throw an incomplete pass. Yet he gets majority of the credit.
eyes.gif
I find that laughable

I will admit he did somehow get better from the regular season to the playoffs. But you are supposed to be on the top of your game in the playoffs or you gohome.

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

doesn't mean anything.

Tiki, izzat you? Nice job on the NBC Today show
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Eli had 254 with NO TDS or ints. He had over 50% completion. But other than that, big deal. Bradshaw & Jacobs carried(no pun intended) the Giants. Then Webster came up huge with the INT in OT. Eli didn't do anything in OT except throw an incomplete pass. Yet he gets majority of the credit.
eyes.gif
I find that laughable

Big deal? He's the only QB in the playoffs to NOT throw a single INT yet. There was a negative-15 degree wind chill last night, and he outplayed Favre in his own building, and you try to discredit that?

Did you miss Eli drive the Giants down the field during important points of the game and make someamazing accurate throws? You don't judge a good QB based solely on numbers, you judge them on the ability to drive their team down the field whennecessary, and putting his team in a position to win the game...and that's exactly what he has been doing the last several games. There is an old sayingthat the position is called QUARTER BACK for a reason, not PASSER..

Football is a team game, but whats the big deal if Eli receives a lot of the credit? The QB is themost important position in the sport, same with pitchers getting credit in baseball if he throws a 2 hitter in a pivotal playoff game. Its not like anybody isstraight up IGNORING the rest of the squad, everybody is important. But to sit there and say Eli has done nothing and you won't give him props b/c hedidn't single-handedly win a game for his team? I didn't know ANY QB single handidly won ANY game in theplayoffs, so I guess you don't give props to any quarterback.

Don't get me wrong, 0 turnovers is impressive, especially given the fact that it is Eli Manning. But still, besides the Buccaneers, neither the Cowboys orPackers have what one woud consider an elite secondary.

He is putting his team in position to win but had he been doing it the entire season, now it wouldn't seem like it is such a big deal. He played horriblethroughout the season and now that he is playing like he is supposed to and paid to then he deserves props? :rollseyes

And quarterback is the hardest position to learn and play but I wouldn't say most important. O-line is pretty important. Just ask the Vikings
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by aRog27

I hate the 25 threads that spring up after a big game.....dude's playing in his first Superbowl....good for him.

no one made a Rex Grossman appreciation thread after he beat the Saints.

stole the words right from my mouth... unless he can step up vs the AFC he gets NADA im rooting for him though as a NYer and i $@*+++! hate all Bostonteams

Rex was getting smashed last year and he basically did exactly what Eli is doing now. He managed games, came up when needed, and protected the ball. He hadonly 1 turnover in the 2 playoff games

that was until the AFC came in
ohwell.gif

^Hard to compare to Eli to Rex. Rex's bad games were a lot worse than Eli's. How ironic is it, that with Brady, Favre, Rivers, and Eli all in theChampionship round, that Eli was the only one who hasn't thrown an interception in these playoffs. This might be the sign of the apocalypse.

Back
Top Bottom