I wanna change up my Cheeseburger recipes, help me out.

bkmac

Banned
I'm getting bored of making the same old cheeseburgers for dinner. Sticking with American-cheese is old news, and trowing bacon into the mix gets boring real quick.

Help me out. What do I wanna do tonight for dinner with my next cheeseburger?

Try making steak sandwiches instead. Get some good quality rib eye, season & maybe marinate it. Grill, it along with some onions & mushroom. Put it on some quality bread with provolone & whatever else you like. Enjoy with some good beer...
Edit- forgot to mention to slice the rib eye up after you grill it into long strips...

I saw someone on my Facebook feed last night stuffed a burger with mac n cheese and deep fried it. Could always do that.

Recently I did a goat cheese burger. I bought goat cheese crumble and mixed in with the actual meat. It was great. To top it off I did a chipotle mayo that was nice. You gotta try different cheeses makes the whole burger taste different

I mess around with beef blends & condiments. I'm a fan of olive burgers, but I wanted to switch it up a bit - made a jalapeno aioli & used gorgonzola. Started grinding my own meat, so that adds to it as well.

I actually had a burger yesterday for the first time in a while.

Slice of cheddar (not processed cheese, REAL cheese), little bit of mayo, bacon, lettuce, slice of tomato, slice of pickle, and toast the bun.

cheeseburger.jpg

/thread

Add sliced mushrooms in with the burger meat.

I do this when I make turkey burgers because the mushrooms keep them moist.

Originally Posted by psk2310

Try making steak sandwiches instead. Get some good quality rib eye, season & maybe marinate it. Grill, it along with some onions & mushroom. Put it on some quality bread with provolone & whatever else you like. Enjoy with some good beer...
Edit- forgot to mention to slice the rib eye up after you grill it into long strips...

this!
devil.gif

Originally Posted by raburns04

I mess around with beef blends & condiments. I'm a fan of olive burgers, but I wanted to switch it up a bit - made a jalapeno aioli & used gorgonzola. Started grinding my own meat, so that adds to it as well.
damn you got your own meat grinder?  that is legit.

i second the beef blend idea.  try to throw in some different cuts of meat into your patty instead of just regular chuck.  maybe try to mix in some ground short rib (good flavor, good fat content).

add some chopped onions into the ground beef...sprinkle adobo and sazon on it let it marinate and cook on low and enjoy...

a slice of cheese and bacon will add even more flavor!

A non-American cheese, lettuce, tomato, fried onions, bacon, a smear of mayo, pickles, mustard and A1 sauce...learned it from 5 guys, loved it at first bite.

Maybe you can do my other favorite, onion rings, bacon and BBQ sauce.

Or hell...any of the above on grilled cheese sandwiches instead of buns. Game-changer.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by potus2028

Maybe you can do my other favorite, onion rings, bacon and BBQ sauce.
Now that I think about it, I've done that before. Melted cheese over the onion rings was the cherry on top.

I picked up some pepper jack cheese, so that's a start. I'll take a pic later tonight when I figure out what else I'm going to do with the burger
laugh.gif

My recipe for burgers is take the ground up meat, put it in a bowl with an egg (if it's 1 lb 1 egg, 2 lbs or more 2 eggs) throw in about 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, about 1-2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce, some feta cheese and some chopped up bell peppers. Mix it all together and cook.

The other good one is make the above recipe without the cheese and peppers but make really wide and thin pattys. Then, on top of a patty, put bbq sauce, mushrooms and some onions. Grab one of the other pattys and put it on top and pinch the edges together and cook.

Back
Top Bottom