I work as an Armed Security Guard at a Marijuana Dispensary AMA

What's the address of the dispensary you work at?
Can you provide me with a general layout of the interior?
Is there a safe? If so where is it located and what's the combination?
Cameras? If so, locations of the cameras?
Alarm? If so, code for the alarm?
Is there any security at night?
Business hours?

I too am a security professional and would just like to make sure your security is up to par.

If the shop you're at gets raided either by the city LE or the Feds... what's the protocol? You guys lock it down and tell all the customers inside to get out? Will you be arrested? What about your gun?
Raids are always on a case by case basis and usually at the discretion of the leading investigator. If they have warrant , we always cooperate with their demands. No warrant we tell them to kick rocks . So in some raids where they do have a warrant, you will either be arrested , ticketed , or told to vacate the premise. This also applies to the guards and some have their guns taken away . This is all at the discretion of the lead detective.

what kinda firearms/weapons training/certifications u had to accomplish to qualify as a armed guard?
It's a 40 hour course to become a licensed guard and if you want your firearm it's an additional 14 hour course. 8 in the classroom and 6 hours at the range . Something close to that . It's a fairly simple process . You also have to requalify at the range twice a year to maintain your armed stautus

No. Im 5'6 140 lbs. I even have a girl on my team.

LiquidPortlyGemsbok-size_restricted.gif

Do people try to come in with fake cards or try to use someone else's? When this happens what actions does the store take?

Do you practice jujitsu?
No. I'm a natural grappler and I've trained some boxing and muay Thai . Because I'm armed , I stay away from hand to hand combat and any kind of physical altercations . If I'm on the losing end I wouldn't want someone to reach for any one of my weapons so I always keep my distance from people. Id rather threaten a combatant with a taser or pepper spray then to engage in a fight.

are you in a gang? ever popped off? are you in compton?

are you in a gang? ever popped off? are you in compton?
No I'm not. I've worked compton for some time, some areas you do have to pay tax to the neighborhood gangs . If you don't cooperate , you can't do business there.

What do they do with the money? Can they wash it in crypto?
I have no knowledge where the money goes once they come pick it up . If I had to guess, they blow it on going out and getting bottle service at the clubs , vacations, jewelry, and investing in legit businesses.

What kind of music do they play at the dispensary?
Top 40? Trap? Grateful Dead?

Do you make good money? You don’t have to give specifics just are you happy with the pay?

Do you work for the dispensary or a security company?

Did they drug test you? I know you work for a despinsary but I could see the government requiring a drug test for you to get your guard permit.

Are most customers out of towners? I think despensaries are cool but too expensive if you smoke on the regular.

Does the pay still suck? Back in the day I applied for a few of these after completing the armed guard certification and they were offering like $12 an hour. To carry a burner and put your life on the line loooool. Needless to say I never took it. I hope they’re taking care of you guys now. They make too much money not to

Does the pay still suck? Back in the day I applied for a few of these after completing the armed guard certification and they were offering like $12 an hour. To carry a burner and put your life on the line loooool. Needless to say I never took it. I hope they’re taking care of you guys now. They make too much money not to

That’s what they pay armored car drivers.

How are you gonna carry millions and be needing ebt and 5 Roomate’s. No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom