Ice Cube To Start 3 on 3 Basketball League

Back-to-back MVP Joe Johnson teams up with the Pargo brothers as Triplets look ready to compete for another title!

aCiEqWJgp3iVspk5UdrPtVrkMswhWQov9_BCU8EOnNSkc2WPEpvOoeozr3fvRYmj0p3vARRNNC7Ung=s640-c-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffcccc-nd-v1

Ahead of tonight’s draft, where they select #1 overall (Glen Rice JR), Power have also added Nikoloz Tskitishvili as their final co-captain.

DpnsrPsUYKM-ldg1zM6dXWTWatKPXlAjv_yhNkk4hgPuRXcjM5KNScnW8zs0DaNhwcxrA_rpI1sO_A=s640-c-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffcccc-nd-v1

Sounds like typical business competition, which Cube does the same thing. Every year he needs to move his businesses forward he pops up talking about "they doing this to us" and meeting with everybody for "us". Not mad at him though, everyone does it.

The challenge for this league is the novelty of seeing these old players has somewhat worn off now a few seasons in. And they are increasingly talent level with some younger players which is good but why would I watch this same as why would I watch the WNBA.

As a casual fan i’d rather watch:
NBA
NBA summer league
Wimbledon

wtv else is on at highest levels of each particular sport during the NBA offseason. Right now, this is way too niche for it to be all that popular or mainstream. This is why college men’s b-ball also is entertaining.

I’d actually prefer this was done differently and done kind of like an And1 older school series.

What I would do instead:
-Set up 3 on 3 tournaments across 16 major US and/or international cities. No players with anything past college allowed (so no pros).
-The 16 winners compete in a NCAA style tournament over 4 weeks.
-Do player and team profile stories to build connection to these teams as the tournament goes on.

It’s just simply not a profitable enough business idea. It’s a novelty thing that doesn’t have a long shelf life. Seeing some of your favorites is cool but that excitement wears off.

i tried to like it, but it's just not exciting and the novelty wore off for me. the players they have just aren't "big names" where i would be drawn to as a regular viewer. i flipped through the highlights and saw a team with borderline ex nba players who spent a majority playing overseas in other leagues. you got to be a hardcore fan to know some of these players.

I enjoyed it when it was mostly ex nba players and that’s what I wanted to see. The guys I grew up watching playing a competitive game of half court 3v3. I’m happy for the younger guys getting paid but that’s not what I want to watch.

Back
Top Bottom