I'd Like to Present a Discussion Vol. Illegal Immigration

illegal immgrants would've killed for DACA not too long ago, now they want full citizenship

give an inch...

i thought u get a GC based on the time spent in the country

You might be conflating the time requirements needed for LPRs to naturalize - which is generally either 3 or 5 years. IIRC there's only a couple circumstances where duration of stay matters for adjustment of status -- for example, if you're a refugee or asylee, you need to have been physically present in the US for 1 year before you can adjust and get your green card. There might be more categories of visa holders that can adjust status based on time but if there are, it's not common.

I know a dude that came here on a visa. Overstayed his visa and now had a kid here.

They call that an anchor baby. Anyway I promised I wouldn't tell anyone. Kept my word and didn't put his business out there.

I could be a scumbag and call ICE on him but as an immigrant myself that came here legally, I won't because he wants a better life

There are some countries with far "better" immigration policies/systems, but they really dont quiet compare to the USA. Maybe Canada would be a nice comparison, but they aren't identical nor have the same applicants as we do. I still believe we have the most immigration applications in the globe.

1633712561080.png

Now let's compare countries with the "most" immigration applications

1633712522173.png

As you see, the countries with the "best" policies, also have the least amount of applications outstanding. Which totally makes sense. They have capacity to handle these applications. Now, give them the number of applications we have, and I don't think they run their immigration process the same.
Honestly, immigration wouldn't be an issue if western society didn't purposely create poor nations in order to obtain cheap raw materials and labor

That's the dark side of Capitalism no one talks about. In order for the west to enjoy the higher standard of living, people in other countries have to suffer.

If everyone in the world had the same standard of living like in the US, people would complain about paying $500+ for a basic pair of shoes. All the under $100 shoes that are readily available and y'all enjoy comes at a cost

i'm guessing there's a major catch here or ppl wouldn't be waiting decades
There's no catch.

That's the typical length of time of the process. It is based on the number of applicants per country, and it is adjusted based on how many folks from those countries are already here. That's why some nationalities no longer have access to the DV lottery.

One thing to note is that because cases initiated in the US take a significantly shorter time to process than cases initiated abroad, a lot of people try to get in the country legally and adjust their status here. That's why the majority of illegal immigrants come here legally and overstay.

The system itself incentivizes it

My company just sponsored a new H1-B hire a few months ago from China. She recently graduated from Columbia university with a masters in Civil engineering. The process we had to go through was very extensive. We had to fill questionnaire after questionnaire so her lawyer can submit it to USCIS. We offered to cover all her fees after 1 year of employment.

The amount of resources it took to sponsor her was extensive. There’s no reason for anyone who wants to work, educate, and live in this county to have to pay an arm and a leg, and Jump through hoops to be hear. The immigration system definitely needs a complete overhaul.

Who said this to you? In a serious way?

Some racist dude in a thrift store. He was having a bad day and I was happy to piss him off some more :lol:

My mom had some guy try something similar at the recycling center when he thought she was getting special treatment for being Latina.

Racist guy: God! I wish trump would finish building that wall already. I can’t wait!

My mom: Why don’t you help them build it? You’d make more money doing that than coming here to turn in that small bag of soda cans

She said the line broke out in laughter and all he could muster was “**** you”:rofl:

illegal immgrants would've killed for DACA not too long ago, now they want full citizenship

give an inch...

So what do you want these kids to do? They didn't come over on their own accord...You want to send them back because they weren't born in the US but are cool with them paying taxes and working low wage jobs.

Bunch of ignorant people...

Tell them to go back to Europe, assuming it's trashy white MAGAs saying this.

Lol, It was a fat old guy who probably voted for trump.

I should have but instead strutted outta there like George Jefferson with a smile on my face.

Being Latino in California I love it when they tell me “Go BaCk tO YoUr cOuNtRY”.
cap

nobody saying this to latinos in cali, they know who run it

maybe in alabama
So what do you want these kids to do? They didn't come over on their own accord...You want to send them back because they weren't born in the US but are cool with them paying taxes and working low wage jobs.
if anything, people who came here legally (non-immigrat visa/fell out of status) and their kids (w/out a legal way to a GC) don't even have DACA should get priority

cap
nobody saying this to latinos in cali, they know who run it
maybe in alabama
Those types feel safe saying that in Santa Clarita. I haven’t returned to the Nike Clearance store since I witnessed their trump rally with a bunch of flags and lifted trucks.

Some racist dude in a thrift store. He was having a bad day and I was happy to piss him off some more :lol:

My mom had some guy try something similar at the recycling center when he thought she was getting special treatment for being Latina.

Racist guy: God! I wish trump would finish building that wall already. I can’t wait!

My mom: Why don’t you help them build it? You’d make more money doing that than coming here to turn in that small bag of soda cans

She said the line broke out in laughter and all he could muster was “**** you”:rofl:

Didn't know it was you and your mom's fam. Had a fight with RustyShackleford RustyShackleford minutes before so please forgive me.

gry60 gry60 , Trust me fam we all know those maga cats just want something to complain about. We know they hate manual labor despite them always wearing work boots and tool belts. ‘Mercia! :lol:

Didn't know it was you and your mom's fam. Had a fight with RustyShackleford RustyShackleford minutes before so please forgive me.
Lucky me and mom dukes wasn’t together those times. We definitely woulda’ walked off with your bag of cans like it was mines :pimp::lol:

gry60 gry60 , Trust me fam we all know those maga cats just want something to complain about. We know they hate manual labor despite them always wearing work boots and tool belts. ‘Mercia! :lol:

Lucky me and mom dukes wasn’t together those times. We definitely woulda’ walked off with your bag of cans like it was mines :pimp::lol:

You would be right in doing do like a real conservative would do.

Back
Top Bottom