Ideas for a Business name Vol. Investment group

Realtalk, my boy wanted to name his future hedge fund: Uptown Capital  
laugh.gif

keep it simple and classy and just use the last names of the partners involved
if there are more than two, just use the main 2 people.
for example if you and your partner were named John Cusimano and Alfred Perry
you could name the business Cusimano-Perry or Perry Cusimano, whichever sounds best to you

you could name the business Cusimano-Perry or Perry Cusimano, whichever sounds best to you

Originally Posted by Weekz

So since somebody actually took this post serious, I'll revisit this post

1.Partner Last names
2.Strategy
3.Random

1. This idea is great, but it doesn't always work.

It works best if well...your last names are English, Jewish, etc. If you have a very "ethnic" or long last name, this idea may not be in your best interest. I'm a minority and saying this. I've been down this path....hypothetically of course (I'm about 10 years too early to even contemplate registering a fund.) I work on wall street, so I'm not going to beat around the bush on this subject.

2. A more sure fire way is to just pick a name that speaks towards the macro-strategy of your fund. i.e. Global Infrastructure Partners. This is kind of boring though.
3. The third route, which is the route a lot of new funds are taking is just to name your fund after something random which sounds BADASS.
Citadel, Fortress, Blackstone, etc.

BTW, OP what exactly is this investment group? A bunch of your friends pooling their money together for fun or are you guys actually going to fund raise and seek out strangers?

Originally Posted by Weekz

So since somebody actually took this post serious, I'll revisit this post

1.Partner Last names
2.Strategy
3.Random

1. This idea is great, but it doesn't always work.

It works best if well...your last names are English, Jewish, etc. If you have a very "ethnic" or long last name, this idea may not be in your best interest. I'm a minority and saying this. I've been down this path....hypothetically of course (I'm about 10 years too early to even contemplate registering a fund.) I work on wall street, so I'm not going to beat around the bush on this subject.

2. A more sure fire way is to just pick a name that speaks towards the macro-strategy of your fund. i.e. Global Infrastructure Partners. This is kind of boring though.
3. The third route, which is the route a lot of new funds are taking is just to name your fund after something random which sounds BADASS.
Citadel, Fortress, Blackstone, etc.

BTW, OP what exactly is this investment group? A bunch of your friends pooling their money together for fun or are you guys actually going to fund raise and seek out strangers?

Back
Top Bottom