If Aaliyah Hadn't Passed, Would Starlets Like Beyonce Be As Successful?

I posted this in here because I'm looking at the question from more of a pop culture standpoint.  I was reading a story on Keri Hilson in the new issue of VIBE and it had me thinking about all the R & B and pop singers that have come and gone since she passed ten years ago.  If Aaliyah was still here, would we care about Ciara, or Rihanna, or Keri, or even Beyonce as much?  

I posted this in here because I'm looking at the question from more of a pop culture standpoint.  I was reading a story on Keri Hilson in the new issue of VIBE and it had me thinking about all the R & B and pop singers that have come and gone since she passed ten years ago.  If Aaliyah was still here, would we care about Ciara, or Rihanna, or Keri, or even Beyonce as much?  

I just shed a small tear with that let me know reference, nah but honestly, listening to her music I feel like she was on that "Yes I'm naughty, but I am a woman first, you won't disrespect me." tip. Nowadays, skee-o's are just loose with the lips, both above and below the waist. I have a question for you too, do you think she would have nudes out like Rhi-Rhi and Cassie? Do you think she was on that time?

I just shed a small tear with that let me know reference, nah but honestly, listening to her music I feel like she was on that "Yes I'm naughty, but I am a woman first, you won't disrespect me." tip. Nowadays, skee-o's are just loose with the lips, both above and below the waist. I have a question for you too, do you think she would have nudes out like Rhi-Rhi and Cassie? Do you think she was on that time?

Originally Posted by CHiCHiLOVES5s

Ciara wouldn't have a career.

Thats the only certain thing cause she doesn't have much of one right now.

A person like Beyonce just has that drive.

And to answer the nude pics thing... I don't think people started sending picture mail until a few years afterwards.

Originally Posted by CHiCHiLOVES5s

Ciara wouldn't have a career.

Thats the only certain thing cause she doesn't have much of one right now.

A person like Beyonce just has that drive.

And to answer the nude pics thing... I don't think people started sending picture mail until a few years afterwards.

i was just talking to my sister about this. i think beyonce would and same for alicia keys but ciara, ashanti wouldnt pop off as they did in the mid 2000s.

i was just talking to my sister about this. i think beyonce would and same for alicia keys but ciara, ashanti wouldnt pop off as they did in the mid 2000s.

Aaliyah would have fallen off as well just like everyone else from her era of music. Her musical talent and influence was inflated because she died just like all of the other musicians who died(Biggie, 2pac, lefteye, etc.).

Im not saying she didnt make good music though. i know how dudes like to misconstrue statements.

But nobody wants to hear the truth so im about to be flamed.

Aaliyah would have fallen off as well just like everyone else from her era of music. Her musical talent and influence was inflated because she died just like all of the other musicians who died(Biggie, 2pac, lefteye, etc.).

Im not saying she didnt make good music though. i know how dudes like to misconstrue statements.

But nobody wants to hear the truth so im about to be flamed.

What's the point of a thread like this?

I mean really, this ishh 'bout to full of arguing over something that is quite honestly, irrelevant--and not to mention, something we can't ever hope of knowing the answer to.

What's the point of a thread like this?

I mean really, this ishh 'bout to full of arguing over something that is quite honestly, irrelevant--and not to mention, something we can't ever hope of knowing the answer to.

naa she was starting to fall off before she died (no disrespect)

beyonce would of still been beyonce.

naa she was starting to fall off before she died (no disrespect)

beyonce would of still been beyonce.

Beyonce's in a different lane.

Now if we're talking Ciara or Keri Hilson....

Beyonce's in a different lane.

Now if we're talking Ciara or Keri Hilson....

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

how did her death contribute to their success?

exactly.

aaliyah was ok. she wasnt no head of the pack before her time type talent as many think after her death. she would only have gone as far as her production would have taken her.

Back
Top Bottom