*** IF EMINEM IS NOT IN YOUR TOP5 AND THIS DIDN'T CONVINCE YOU..SMH ***

I think every hip hop fan respects Em skill level, but the vast majority that have Em in their Top 5 just started listening to rap after 1998. Just from alongevity standpoint, its clear to see that Em ran out of gas.........fast. Also, as many people have stated, one song doesn't guarantee you at Top 5slot. For me, it a matter of not knowing which Eminem is going to show up on a track at any given time. It's like he suffers from that Ludacris complexof not being taken seriously on the mic at times.

Not to mention, NT has been all over the place as of lately, first it was Andre 3000 should be in everyone's Top 5, now its Eminem. It looks like yoududes switch up your Top 5 list every week.
Em's bad songs are so bad that he can't be in my Top 5...
Exactly, which is why he isn't in my Top 5.

Yeah dude is nice, but I don't know.

Honestly being from NY I never heard nobody in an urban neighborhood blasting this dudes music from their house or whips, but I still like him.

He does get annoying after a little while, but dude is nasty with it.

B.I.G. will always be the G.O.A.T. to me, but Em and NaS are the closest to catching him based off of talent.

I posted this a few weeks ago in the "How is 2Pac not the G.O.A.T.?" .... IMO, Em is the Greatest of All Time and here is my reasoning ... feel freeto give yours why he isn't the best

1. I think its a pretty common knowledge that Eminem is the best lyricist (Wordplay, Breath Control, etc ...)
2. He has shown the most emotion of any rapper (DMX maybe?, no one else comes close)
3. He dropped arguably 3 classic albums (Yes, Jay dropped 3 arguably classic albums as well) ... but to my knowledge no one has dropped 4.
4. He was the one of the first to successfully break the "color barrier" in hip-hop (Beastie Boysdid it first, but Eminem took it to a new level)
5. He is the only rapper to have 2 diamond albums (I know sales don't mean everything, but you don't just stumble upon two diamond albums.)
6. He has created some of the greatest diss tracks ever (Nail In The Coffin, Hail Mary, The Sauce, I Remember)
7. He is one of the greatest freestylers ever (2nd in the rap olympics) (see the freestyle in the video below)
8. He's helped establish other hip-hop giants (50 Cent, G-Unit, D-12 (maybe a reach))
9. We've seen him grow and mature through his career (can be said for many artists as well)
10. Last but certainly not least, Name me ONE person who has outshined him on a track ....
.................. He's outshined: Jay-Z, Biggie, 2Pac, Busta Rhymes, Method Man, Snoop Dogg, Jadakiss, 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks, and The Game to name a few....

and for the nail in the coffin (pun intended) .... keep in mind that this is a freestyle

Pay attention from 1:00 on ....

I posted this a few weeks ago in the "How is 2Pac not the G.O.A.T.?" .... IMO, Em is the Greatest of All Time and here is my reasoning ... feel free to give yours why he isn't the best

I already shredded your reasoning before, do you not recall that??

^^ I remember your reasoning, though I disagreed with your conclusions and would hardly say that you "shredded" my reasoning. I think that posting itagain is relevant and can add to the discussion.

It's funny how people listen a song , get blown away and make major claims like this post. Theres plenty of times I've heard them verses that make usay " he the best". Em gets a lot of respect in my Book but not top 5 for me. When it comes to albums I only like infinite. As far as his work withDre., I don't like all his albums. Infinite is the only one I feel he had a consistent flow and lyric delivery. All them other joints is up and down. Songslike Till I collapse, loose yourself, verse on renegade thats when Em spits his brains out, but songs like "the real slim shady", "High my nameis" no thank you.

He isn't anywhere near my top 5. He isn't in my top 25-30. I just can't see myself putting him before someone like Finesse, O.C., Q-Tip, WiseIntelligent, Black Thought. Let alone the top 5 ever.
the vast majority that have Em in their Top 5 just started listening to rap after 1998.

Must be. There are too many dudes with ill catalogs for Em to be so high. No disrespect to dude, but I just can't do it

Originally Posted by fortheloveofthegame8

I posted this a few weeks ago in the "How is 2Pac not the G.O.A.T.?" .... IMO, Em is the Greatest of All Time and here is my reasoning ... feel free to give yours why he isn't the best

1. I think its a pretty common knowledge that Eminem is the best lyricist (Wordplay, Breath Control, etc ...)

Kool G Rap,Rakim,Big Daddy Kane,Pharoahe Monch>>>Eminem

2. He has shown the most emotion of any rapper (DMX maybe?, no one else comes close)
2 Pac showed way more emotion than Eminem

3. He dropped arguably 3 classic albums (Yes, Jay dropped 3 arguably classic albums as well) ... but to my knowledge no one has dropped 4.

Eminem has NO classic albums, and for the most part The Eminem Show was average

4. He was the one of the first to successfully break the "color barrier" in hip-hop (Beastie Boys did it first, but Eminem took it to a new level)

I agree with u on that

5. He is the only rapper to have 2 diamond albums (I know sales don't mean everything, but you don't just stumble upon two diamond albums.)

He has no diamond albums, MMLP sold nine mill & The Eminem Show sold 8
6. He has created some of the greatest diss tracks ever (Nail In The Coffin, Hail Mary, The Sauce, I Remember)

They are way more better diss tracks, the fact he wasn't dissing nobody makes this even worse

7. He is one of the greatest freestylers ever (2nd in the rap olympics) (see the freestyle in the video below)

Can't lie that was dope

8. He's helped establish other hip-hop giants (50 Cent, G-Unit, D-12 (maybe a reach))

I agree
9. We've seen him grow and mature through his career (can be said for many artists as well)

He got worse thru out his career
10. Last but certainly not least, Name me ONE person who has outshined him on a track ....
.................. He's outshined: Jay-Z, Biggie, 2Pac, Busta Rhymes, Method Man, Snoop Dogg, Jadakiss, 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks, and The Game to name a few ....

You should have left Biggie & 2 Pac off this list, they wasn't in the studio with him so i dont count that. I agree with the rest of them dudes he outshined but that aint saying much being that they aint that high on a lyrical level.

Dudes dont take Em seriously because he is always making stupid songs playing around. You cant knock him for that. He has serious skill point, blank, period .Same could be said about Luda. Me, I hardly listen to anything after 99 and for real Em is one of the best to hold the mic.

Originally Posted by Beats05

The first verse of "Soldier" is one of the illest things I've ever heard. That hook is wack and the 2nd and 3rd verses are mediocre. But come on now...

Never was a thug, just infatuated with guns
Never was a gangster, until I graduated into one
And got the rep of a villian, for weapon concealin'
Took the image of a thug kept _ appealing
Willin'stick out my neck for respect if it meant life or death
Never lived to regret what I said
When your me, people just wanna see if its true
If it's you, what you're saying in your raps what you do
So they feel, it's part of ya obligation to fulfill
When they see you on the streets face to face are you for real?
The confrontation ain't no conversation if you feel
You're in violation, any hesitation, it'll get you killed
If you feel it, kill it, you can conceal it, reveal it
Being reasonable will leave you full of bullets
Pull it, squeeze it, 'til its empty, tempt me, push me, _
I need a good reason to give this trigger a good squeeze

Possibly my favorite Eminem song. IMO the second and third verses are not that bad.

I'm a lit fuse, anything I do brings in news,
pistol whippin' mother#!%^$' bouncers, six-two,
who needs bullets, soon as I pull it, you sweat
bullets
, an excellent method to get rid of the
next bully, it's actually better cause instead you
murderin', you can hurt em' and come back again
and kick dirt at 'em, it's like pourin' salt in
the wounds, assault and get sued, you can smell
the lawsuits soon as I waltz in the room

Dudes flow is sick on that track. As for top 5 nah dude has to many BS tracks in his catalog.

UMMM....listen to Til I Collapse and you will realize why he is considered top 5...

and for those of you who said if he was black he would be respected way more...def. true.

eminem is def. in my top 5

Nas
Tupac
Ice Cube
Q-tip
Eminem

in that order...
oh and for a bonus Queen Latifah is my fav female rapper... till you heard her Black Reign album don't knock it

Damn, dude fell off so bad
tired.gif

he HAD a seat in my top 5 for the MM LP alone.....but Encore ruined it for me
frown.gif

That album might be the greatest album ever made.....

Personally....my two favorite songs off of that album were "Amityville" and "Remember Me?"......

Em's verse on Remember me
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
....best verse on the Album IMO

Came home, and somebody musta broke in the back window
and stole two loaded machine guns and both of my trenchcoats
Sick sick dreams of picnic scenes, two kids, sixteen
with M-16's and ten clips each
And them +!!%* reach through six kids each
And Slim gets blamed in Bill Clint's speech to fix these streets?
*#!% THAT! PBBT! You *#@!%%% can vanish to volcanic ash
and re-appear in hell with a can of gas, AND a match
Aftermath, Dre, grab the gat, show 'em where it's at
(What the *#!% you starin at, $!%*$?)

Originally Posted by bballah3

That album might be the greatest album ever made.....

Personally....my two favorite songs off of that album were "Amityville" and "Remember Me?"......

Em's verse on Remember me
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
....best verse on the Album IMO

Came home, and somebody musta broke in the back window
and stole two loaded machine guns and both of my trenchcoats
*#!% THAT! PBBT! You *#@!%%% can vanish to volcanic ash
and re-appear in hell with a can of gas, AND a match
Aftermath, Dre, grab the gat, show 'em where it's at
(What the *#!% you starin at, $!%*$?)

�Finally....

I agree w/ you on everything you stated....

sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

He could be in my top five if he was more more consistent and cut the stupid songs from his albums. His underground and freestyle stuff are a whole differentthing though.

Originally Posted by mossman75

He has no diamond albums, MMLP sold nine mill & The Eminem Show sold 8

After your comment, I looked up the list of Diamond Records. There have only been 4 hip-hop albums to go diamond.
1. Outkast - Speakerboxxx
2. MC Hammer - Please Don't Hurt 'Em Hammer
3. Notorious B.I.G. - Life After Death
4. Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP

So I was originally wrong, but he does have a diamond album. Not to mention that he holds spots #4 and #5 on the all time best selling rap albums with MMLP andEminem Show. I don't really count Outkast's and Biggie's albums going diamond cause they were double discs and really only sold 5-6 million.

http://imhiphop.blogspot.com/2007/03/top-10-highest-selling-rap-albums-of.html

Forget that he "only" has one diamond album, he is the second highest all time selling rap artists ... Someone bought all of these records for areason.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best_selling_music_artists_in_U.S.

Back
Top Bottom