"If I Was Black I'd Move To Atlanta and Live Like A King", Says Another New Yorker At Dive Bar

How much was your home if you don't mind me asking? Property taxes here are higher mainly because the hospitals and colleges buy up land and pay no property taxes.

$205,000. Posted a pic a few weeks back of it also

Man, a house for about $80k will net you property taxes like that here :smh:

A house for 80 or 200K? Man that don't even exist out here

Used to go to there events all the time :smokin

state jobs (social service, police, etc) pay sucks if u ask me
Govt jobs in GA pay NOTHING , i couldn't believe the salaries I was seeing when job searching down there ...no wonder everybody down there works in the private sector, never met anybody in ATL that works for state or local govt :lol: ...entry level college grad jobs starting at 20 something k :x , minimum 40k here in MD

How much was your home if you don't mind me asking? Property taxes here are higher mainly because the hospitals and colleges buy up land and pay no property taxes.

$205,000. Posted a pic a few weeks back of it also

Man, a house for about $80k will net you property taxes like that here :smh:

A house for 80 or 200K? Man that don't even exist out here

Used to go to there events all the time :smokin

There are houses for $80k here in the outskirts of Pittsburgh, I live about a 3 min drive away from the city lines and it takes 30min to get downtown by bus. There are some inexpensive houses, but the property taxes are high and the houses are small. Now, if you want a decent house you're definitely paying more than $200k.

You would think that buying and flipping would be a solid move, however, nobody's buying homes and if your not in a prime location, nobody's renting; people can't really afford it. I was just going to say **** it and just settle and buy a house here but I can't wrap my head around paying $2000+ for property taxes on a small home. Furthermore, as soon as Pitt, UPMC, or Allegheny Health Network (Highmark) buy more property, the taxes will go up again to compensate for what they're taking out of the property tax bracket.

Govt jobs in GA pay NOTHING , i couldn't believe the salaries I was seeing when job searching down there ...no wonder everybody down there works in the private sector, never met anybody in ATL that works for state or local govt
laugh.gif
...entry level college grad jobs starting at 20 something k
sick.gif
, minimum 40k here in MD
Locality pay is everything for gov't salaries. Best locality pay is in Texas, DMV, Cali, NY, Boston.

Govt jobs in GA pay NOTHING , i couldn't believe the salaries I was seeing when job searching down there ...no wonder everybody down there works in the private sector, never met anybody in ATL that works for state or local govt :lol: ...entry level college grad jobs starting at 20 something k :x , minimum 40k here in MD

Lol 40k in MD is probably like 28-30k in ATL Though

i would consider living in atlanta but how are the jobs out there? like do they pay well?

Yea that's about the lowest you can get in MD, n it's rare ...GA govt jobs you basically working retail wages starting off , it ain't right :lol:

Suburbs of DC Maryland: Accurate
In and around Baltimore, Maryland: Not quite.

But who wants to live in Baltimore :lol:
No Baltimore Slander will be tolerated :lol: ...you can live good ova here if you know what you doing n where the good stuff is at :pimp: ...plus you have access to other major cities within a 3 hour drive max in every direction

Still wanna move back to ATL or Charlotte tho :lol:

According to the comment section, it's our (black people's) fault.

The brokers picked the targets they knew they could get away w/ screwing over, same ol same ol.

Blaming the victims seems par for the course in this country. The big short put the country on game, yet the blame still gets misplaced.

I am still trying to figure out how exactly people with 230K/yr income didn't know that they should have be given better rates.

My mother was a victim of predatory lending as well, she says she didn't know.

I'm going to read the article.

I am still trying to figure out how exactly people with 230K/yr income didn't know that they should have be given better rates.
My mother was a victim of predatory lending as well, she says she didn't know.

I'm going to read the article.

How would you know what rates your supposed to be getting if you dont work in the industry? Till this day there still are not clearly defined rules that are transparent and show what rate someone with XYZ qualifications should be getting. Me and you could make same money, have same credit score and still get 2 different rates.

How would you know what rates your supposed to be getting if you dont work in the industry? Till this day there still are not clearly defined rules that are transparent and show what rate someone with XYZ qualifications should be getting. Me and you could make same money, have same credit score and still get 2 different rates.
From the same bank? I am curious if there is a difference when applying online and applying in person.

I guess you wouldn't know what you should be getting. My mom is a mortgage underwriter and still got got.

From the same bank? I am curious if there is a difference when applying online and applying in person.

I guess you wouldn't know what you should be getting. My mom is a mortgage underwriter and still got got.

Exactly, they play off of ignorance about throw around a whole bunch of jargon to make it sound legit. The rates could vary by hours for all we know or they could tell you that just to get you to sign that paper. They also might consider you "high risk" if you look a certain way though your income, profession, and financial stability might prove otherwise.

Exactly, they play off of ignorance about throw around a whole bunch of jargon to make it sound legit. The rates could vary by hours for all we know or they could tell you that just to get you to sign that paper. They also might consider you "high risk" if you look a certain way though your income, profession, and financial stability might prove otherwise.

IMO We need reform where criteria is transparent to at least give people specific things to aim for thus lowering risk for banks. Its literally a guessing game where Yea person A and B have 800 Credit Scores but Person B still gets a better rate because their have 10 yrs of credit history while person A has 7 years. All these variables make it so easy for people to discriminate because person A can make more AND have a better score but person B can get a better rate because they had an account opened longer than person A by a yr.

What's more concerning to me is the fact that across all 300 of the major US metropolitans the black neighborhoods

have not recovered from the crash. Compared to white neighborhoods where the values have increased compared to pre crash.

I love living with other black people, but it sucks I have to be extremely careful and make sure I get a deal on the house to protect

my money.

IMO We need reform where criteria is transparent to at least give people specific things to aim for thus lowering risk for banks. Its literally a guessing game where Yea person A and B have 800 Credit Scores but Person B still gets a better rate because their have 10 yrs of credit history while person A has 7 years. All these variables make it so easy for people to discriminate because person A can make more AND have a better score but person B can get a better rate because they had an account opened longer than person A by a yr.

There does need to be more transparency, however, that doesn't help the banks and Wall St. so we won't see it. The logic makes 0 sense in some instances like the example you gave, just flat out foolish. There's also other underlying causes that won't be mentioned in this thread.

What's more concerning to me is the fact that across all 300 of the major US metropolitans the black neighborhoods
have not recovered from the crash. Compared to white neighborhoods where the values have increased compared to pre crash.

I love living with other black people, but it sucks I have to be extremely careful and make sure I get a deal on the house to protect
my money.

Black communities will never recover because there aren't enough of us to be able to afford homes due to various reasons. And even if many of us did, there's still the fact that we don't own the banks. People keep forcing us into segregated neighborhoods but then say we're trying to self-segregate.

my money.

Nah what sucks is the System of White Supremacy lol. There are Black Communities that kept their neighborhoods and areas in tip top shape yet have not recovered.

Back
Top Bottom