If Josh Hamilton NEVER had a drug addiction, what type of player would he be today?

capt.d2bf4d4956ac44bfb3306d58b6e34d55.royals_rangers_baseball_arl104.jpg

.322 avg
6 HR's
32 RBI
16 R
.370 OBP
.576 SLG
.947 OPS

I mean, these #'s are ridiculous thus far into the season. With all the talent that he has, I can't say that I am surprised that he has done as wellas he has since making his debut last season. What he's doing now only makes you wonder the type of player he would be today had he never gotten a drugaddiction...He's a great story, and here's to him making the most out of his 2nd chance
pimp.gif

I knew he was gonna beast down there in arrlington. Imagine if he had some protection in that order.
tired.gif

Thats why I drafted him
pimp.gif

Why did Cincy get rid of him? I know they had a lot of outfielders but you dont get rid of your best hitting one
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by theone2401

I knew he was gonna beast down there in arrlington. Imagine if he had some protection in that order.
tired.gif

Thats why I drafted him
pimp.gif

Why did Cincy get rid of him? I know they had a lot of outfielders but you dont get rid of your best hitting one
laugh.gif

They got a Edinson Volquez he was a big prospect. He is 4-0, 33k, and 1.23 ERA. So I would say it is working out well for both teams.

He's only 26 (soon to be 27), which in baseball is no where near an out of the ordinary age to break into the majors. Granted he could've had a fewmore years under his belt but no one can really say whether or not he would have had the same motivation to become the player he is today, so his drugaddiction may have really been a blessing in disguise.

With that said, I think he'll have a good career, especially if he stays in Texas because Rangers Ballpark is a great place for hitters.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

His addiction helped him run base.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Not suprised you said that...You're a Clipse fan so you prolly got drug references for days....

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

SUPERSTAR.

The kid is an absolute stud.

sums it up.

And Jayson Stark mentioned a little bit the other day how well the trade with Cincy has surprisingly worked out for both teams.

-J-

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

SUPERSTAR.

The kid is an absolute stud.
yessir.

laugh.gif

he had a high trade value, and there's a guy named Jay Bruce, who is almost an exact replica of Hamilton (minus the arm,) just waiting to becalled up.

They got a Edinson Volquez he was a big prospect. He is 4-0, 33k, and 1.23 ERA.
pimp.gif
too bad we couldn't give him any kind of supporttonight or he'd be 5-0. he struck out 9 in 6 innings, giving up 2 runs allowing his first homer of the year..we lost 2-0. Eddie V's ERA is best inthe league.

He's good. I knew he was good in Cincinnati and was surprised they traded him away. Cincinnati did get Volquez so the trade worked out for both sides.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Sadly, he'll be a Yankee when his contract expires.

laugh.gif
He's under Rangers control for something like 4 or 5 moreyears... The Rangers won't let him get away, you can bet on that...

2 hr's tonight 4 rbi and 4 hits in 6 innings...
eek.gif

i wasnt happy about the trade when it happened...but i didnt know dude was that good...it looks like the trade worked out great for both teams...

Originally Posted by mavrx

2 hr's tonight 4 rbi and 4 hits in 6 innings...
eek.gif

i wasnt happy about the trade when it happened...but i didnt know dude was that good...it looks like the trade worked out great for both teams...

add a triple and another rbi.

Back
Top Bottom