If MJ hadnt sat out 2 seasons would the Bulls have won 8 straight titles?

Who's to say that team would have been together through 98? If MJ hadn't sat out and they did win, the contract situation w/ Scottie would have problematic, as well as MJ's and Phil's. Then there's Rodman's contract, and Krause's ego. That team would have probably been split up earlier than when they actually did.

i sit and speculate about this everyday almost.

but in reality i know the bulls would have won.

the rockets would have just been another notch on the belt.

they defeated every major western conference power house during their run of 6.

magics lakers
drexlers blazers
barkleys suns
kemp and paytons sonics
malone and stocktons jazz

the only western conference contender they didnt face was the rockets (and david robinsons spurs,but they would have trashed them anyway)

so thats why we romanticize it as an epic match-up,because thats how humans are with the unknown.

im sure there are alternate universes where the bulls didnt face the blazers,or maybe the jazz, or whatever.

and im sure theres an alternate universe version of NT wit people posting suff like:

what would the bulls have done with the blazers? jordan never faced a 2 guard like drexler in his prime!

or

how would the bulls have defended the pick and roll?? malone would have abused them down lown,and stockton would have killed their point guards!

we're doing the same thing with the rockets because its fun to speculate.

but i doubt michael jordan in his prime ( ages 30 and 31 ) would have lost to the bum rockets

but in reality i know the bulls would have won.

the rockets would have just been another notch on the belt.

they defeated every major western conference power house during their run of 6.

magics lakers
drexlers blazers
barkleys suns
kemp and paytons sonics
malone and stocktons jazz

the only western conference contender they didnt face was the rockets (and david robinsons spurs,but they would have trashed them anyway)

so thats why we romanticize it as an epic match-up,because thats how humans are with the unknown.

im sure there are alternate universes where the bulls didnt face the blazers,or maybe the jazz, or whatever.

and im sure theres an alternate universe version of NT wit people posting suff like:

what would the bulls have done with the blazers? jordan never faced a 2 guard like drexler in his prime!

or

how would the bulls have defended the pick and roll?? malone would have abused them down lown,and stockton would have killed their point guards!

we're doing the same thing with the rockets because its fun to speculate.

but i doubt michael jordan in his prime ( ages 30 and 31 ) would have lost to the bum rockets

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

LOL @ you doubting Michael...come on man, its michael

the greatest ever
pimp.gif

rockets would have been the toughest opponent but 8 championships nonetheless

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

LOL @ you doubting Michael...come on man, its michael

the greatest ever
pimp.gif

rockets would have been the toughest opponent but 8 championships nonetheless

we can wonder all we want but we'll never know

what if they didn't break up after '98...would they have won against the spurs in '99?

what if allan houston missed that shot against the Heat, would Phil Jackson be named coach of the knicks? what would the lakers be like?

tons of "what ifs" but in the end, it happened the way it was supposed to happen....(even if you didn't like the outcome, it's just the way it is)

we can wonder all we want but we'll never know

what if they didn't break up after '98...would they have won against the spurs in '99?

what if allan houston missed that shot against the Heat, would Phil Jackson be named coach of the knicks? what would the lakers be like?

tons of "what ifs" but in the end, it happened the way it was supposed to happen....(even if you didn't like the outcome, it's just the way it is)

I think he would've won in '94 and '95 if he hadn't retired since he would still have been at his prime, but then you have to wonder about the second 3peat from '96 to '98. Would they have gone out to get Rodman if things were still going smoothly in '94 and '95? How much would MJ have slowed down going into those very last years if he didn't have that 18 month break?

I think he would've won in '94 and '95 if he hadn't retired since he would still have been at his prime, but then you have to wonder about the second 3peat from '96 to '98. Would they have gone out to get Rodman if things were still going smoothly in '94 and '95? How much would MJ have slowed down going into those very last years if he didn't have that 18 month break?

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

Wow, really?

not everyday of my life, but yea everyday the past couple of months,because i had a debate with an english teacher about this and even wrote a paper in class about it. 

and i downloaded a bunch of old rockets and bulls games to my ipad.
pimp.gif

and btw hakeem didnt own shaq as bad as everyone says in the '95 finals.

i watched all four of those games and i gotta a whole paragraph ready if someone wants to start a thread
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Wow, really?

not everyday of my life, but yea everyday the past couple of months,because i had a debate with an english teacher about this and even wrote a paper in class about it. 

and i downloaded a bunch of old rockets and bulls games to my ipad.
pimp.gif

and btw hakeem didnt own shaq as bad as everyone says in the '95 finals.

i watched all four of those games and i gotta a whole paragraph ready if someone wants to start a thread
laugh.gif

I don't know why people automatically categorize his 95 loss to the Magic as a free pass.

I'm sorry, but it's flat out not a free pass. He lost that series legit.

I swear, people sometimes act like the series against the Magic were literally his first games that season. He played 17 games that season.. Plus 4 more against the Hornets in the first round. That's way more games than teams get to warm up in preseason games. Also, I could also spin this around and say that it could've been an advantage for him, over Shaq and Penny who were worn out playing about 80 games that season.

In the end, MJ lost the series against the Magic straight up. And him losing had very little to do with the fact that he didn't play the entire season and a LOT with the fact that he didn't have a Grant/Rodman.

I don't know why people automatically categorize his 95 loss to the Magic as a free pass.

I'm sorry, but it's flat out not a free pass. He lost that series legit.

I swear, people sometimes act like the series against the Magic were literally his first games that season. He played 17 games that season.. Plus 4 more against the Hornets in the first round. That's way more games than teams get to warm up in preseason games. Also, I could also spin this around and say that it could've been an advantage for him, over Shaq and Penny who were worn out playing about 80 games that season.

In the end, MJ lost the series against the Magic straight up. And him losing had very little to do with the fact that he didn't play the entire season and a LOT with the fact that he didn't have a Grant/Rodman.

yea he lost to the magic in '95 because they didnt have that depth in the frontcourt,and a little rust.

there isnt one nba star in the whole history of the league who could have sat out 18 months and came back 17 games before the playoffs and took that bulls team to the championship.

so he does get a free pass

yea he lost to the magic in '95 because they didnt have that depth in the frontcourt,and a little rust.

there isnt one nba star in the whole history of the league who could have sat out 18 months and came back 17 games before the playoffs and took that bulls team to the championship.

He didn't "sit out" all that time. It's not like he was injured and did absolutely nothing. He was athletically active during that time, including playing basketball which he proved that he could still play by dropping 50 in MSG and hitting a buzzer beating game winner against the Hawks a couple of games after he came back. Once again, 17 + 4 games is not a little.. And once again, this goes both ways - him playing 20 games instead of being worn out over 80 could be regarded as an advantage as well.

And yeah, I know too well that he gets a free pass. I just choose to ignore it because of the lack of evidence that he deserves a free pass. Jordan is the GOAT, but he lost that series straight up.

He didn't "sit out" all that time. It's not like he was injured and did absolutely nothing. He was athletically active during that time, including playing basketball which he proved that he could still play by dropping 50 in MSG and hitting a buzzer beating game winner against the Hawks a couple of games after he came back. Once again, 17 + 4 games is not a little.. And once again, this goes both ways - him playing 20 games instead of being worn out over 80 could be regarded as an advantage as well.

And yeah, I know too well that he gets a free pass. I just choose to ignore it because of the lack of evidence that he deserves a free pass. Jordan is the GOAT, but he lost that series straight up.

i doubt it, i just think they would've been worn out having to fight to get to the finals all those years against the pistons knicks and pacers. i think that two year break was just as beneficial for mj and the bulls as it was detrimental.

i doubt it, i just think they would've been worn out having to fight to get to the finals all those years against the pistons knicks and pacers. i think that two year break was just as beneficial for mj and the bulls as it was detrimental.

Back
Top Bottom