If only Randy Moss had the heart of Wes Welker....

Yet perhaps more damning than all of that was how two Panthers, cornerback Chris Gamble and safety Chris Harris, felt he wasn't going all-out on every play. That seemed especially true on a Tom Brady first-quarter interception in which Moss appeared to run a lazy route that contributed to the miscue.

"We knew he was going to shut it down," Gamble told the Boston Globe after the game. "That's what we wanted him to do. That's what we did ... He'd just give up a lot. Slow down, he's not going deep, not trying to run a route. You can tell, his body language."

Gamble continued: "I know everyone who plays against him, they can sense that. Once you get into him in the beginning of the game, he shuts it down a little bit."

"Some of his body language let me know it was a run, and that's how I got a feel on when to help out on the run," he said. "I think if he came off the ball and had a little Wes Welker in him, you wouldn't know what was coming. That's what I think Moss needs to do -- be like Wes and go hard every play. I'm going to respect him, and every other [defensive back] is going to respect him if he comes off the ball hard."

Link

laugh.gif
well, damn...

I guess you're doing something right if you're holding moss to 1 catch...

Why is it that Moss' effort is ALWAYS questioned in all of the stops he's made over the years? He's a top 2-3 WR in NFL history, but how much doeshis lack of effort hurt his legacy?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Yet perhaps more damning than all of that was how two Panthers, cornerback Chris Gamble and safety Chris Harris, felt he wasn't going all-out on every play. That seemed especially true on a Tom Brady first-quarter interception in which Moss appeared to run a lazy route that contributed to the miscue.

"We knew he was going to shut it down," Gamble told the Boston Globe after the game. "That's what we wanted him to do. That's what we did ... He'd just give up a lot. Slow down, he's not going deep, not trying to run a route. You can tell, his body language."

Gamble continued: "I know everyone who plays against him, they can sense that. Once you get into him in the beginning of the game, he shuts it down a little bit."

"Some of his body language let me know it was a run, and that's how I got a feel on when to help out on the run," he said. "I think if he came off the ball and had a little Wes Welker in him, you wouldn't know what was coming. That's what I think Moss needs to do -- be like Wes and go hard every play. I'm going to respect him, and every other [defensive back] is going to respect him if he comes off the ball hard."

Link

laugh.gif
well, damn...

I guess you're doing something right if you're holding moss to 1 catch...

Why is it that Moss' effort is ALWAYS questioned in all of the stops he's made over the years? He's a top 2-3 5 WR in NFL history, but how much does his lack of effort hurt his legacy?

smh.gif
dudes be yappin' like hens after a game

that said, moss' head was not in today's game. don't think it was an effort issue, he was just mentally not there for whatever reason. he wasblocking just fine...just wasn't focused on the ball today.

Randy arguably gave up on that ball that was picked in the end zone last week against Miami. The one today was just blatant.

that INT today was strange. it was like he didn't break at full speed because he didn't think the ball was coming his way...but then there it was.

it's true tho, you wish he could go all out every play like wes

I was surprised in hearing this after a Pats WIN from an opposing DB....but I guess if you're asked a question by the media, you gotta be honest and answerit.

Moss will probably explode next week tho....

Props to Beason for finally getting a shot on Welker. Made my day...
pimp.gif

I know that Mike Florio from ProFootballTalk.com is full of $!!% 75% of the time...but this would be
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif

1dmq8.jpg

16.jpg

5bc3692b17ac821c51f1eb164aa8bd982c95bca1.gif

That's a huge reach
laugh.gif

He'd be crazy too want out of the situation he's in now.

Originally Posted by ESyDC

That's a huge reach
laugh.gif

He'd be crazy too want out of the situation he's in now.
Yeah, I agree. I can wish though
laugh.gif

Been a tough week for 81, got sent home from practice, effort being questioned locally and now nationally. Needs to put this behind him and help the Pats get aticket to the dance. Still having a very good year though. Tom Brady aint exactly lighting it up either.

it's just his style. like harris goes on to say, he trys to lull you to sleep and be sneaky.

he was out there blocking today, so i mean he was playing. he had a rough week and game...he'll bounce back.

^^^ I see what you did there.

i guess im lucky to say ive seen my team in a superbowl during my lifetime.
even though we did get wrecked by our former head coach.
sick.gif

defensive backs might respect Randy Moss if he goes harder? i'm not even going to waste my time getting riled up. Chris Gamble is a #%$@$@% clown. nowide receiever in the history of the league has receieved more respect from defenses than Randy Moss.

Easily one of my favorite receivers. Don't even want to read into this story I like him too much, and like the Pats. What's his deal?

smh.gif
How many other fantasy owners did he cost today? Dude needs to stop coasting and play all out.

Better yet, don't, and give us that division crown already.
laugh.gif

I passionately hate Randy Moss and would attempt to beat his !*% if I ever encountered him in public. Not more than Jamarcus though.

Back
Top Bottom