If the Lakers Win this Year Should they Retire Derek Fisher's Jersey when he Retires?

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Otherwise they'd be like the Celtics with a bunch of numbers retired.  Not that I'm hating... but you're gonna run out of numbers for future players to wear 
laugh.gif
Yes, you're hating!
happy.gif

I'm guessing that was taken after Z's injury? I didn't know you're a big dude (no bayot)
laugh.gif

I see him coaching the team in some sort down the line and eventually getting it retired. He has to keep winning though..

he's made a living flopping all over the court and cheap hacks. Given he plays for an organization full of frauds like himself (except kobe), i don't see why not

If he didnt have 8 points in the 4th quarter 2 nights ago this topic wouldnt even be considered.

Lock this up.  OPs just a prisoner of the moment.

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

^^ they are the Yankees of Basketball.. as a market and Franchise.. you know how many Yankees should be retired? Lol

actually the Yankees have retired tooo many numbers.  They are a little gun-slinging cowboy happy when it comes to retiring numbers. i.e, Reggie Jackson, although had a great career and great post-season for NYY he was a Yankee for only like 4 seasons.  

this thread is proof that some cats here are flatout dumb and start flatout stupid topics.
laugh.gif

No. But he should have his choice of whatever front office gig that's available.

If he gets his digits retired, then Byron Scott, Michael Cooper, and Kurt Rambis should follow.

Shaq will never get his digits retired as long as Kobe and the Buss Family are alive.

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Although a monster on D and in Clutch situations he just doesn't have the stats compared to the jerseys up top.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

No. Once they hang his name in the rafters it's just gonna fall off and come crashing down to the floor.
similar to how your warriors usually come crashing down the standings in the regular season

as for the fish getting his jersey retired? not a chance...did horry get his jersey retired? coop? baby b? theyve all made big plays for the Laker organization but they dont have their jersey retired

--Lakers just have a high standard for retiring numbers/jerseys.
--For example, the Kings retired CWebb's and IMO, DFish has done way more for the Lakers than Webber did for the Kings.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by acidicality

No. Once they hang his name in the rafters it's just gonna fall off and come crashing down to the floor.

--So what Deuce King and acidicality are saying is the Lakers SHOULD hang Fisher's jersey. Nice.
pimp.gif

My avy has nothing to do with it. Your fellow Lakers fans wouldn't even say Fisher is a monster on D.

I'll give Fisher props for his clutch shooting and leadership, but a monster on D? Are you serious?

Back
Top Bottom