If you could alter one sports moment vol. if only..

Not answers for me, but for....

...Kings fans: Robert Horry's shot in Game 4, 2002. Outcome: Kings go up 3-1 and probably to the Finals, where they would've beatenthe Nets. And who knows if Webber's knee would've suffered the same fate with a ring on it?

...Magic fans: Nick Andersen's free throws in the 1995 Finals. Outcome: Magic have the momentum of winning a game that they never got(they were swept). If they had won the series, maybe Shaq never leaves (screwing over the Lakers in the process), and maybe Penny never gets chronic injuries.

...Pacers fans: Reggie Miller's layup in the 2004 ECF. Outcome: the Pacers probably make the Finals, and could very well have beaten theLakers. Maybe this path doesn't feature a brawl next year, either.

...Mavs fans: Avery Johnson's timeout doesn't get awarded to him in between Wade's free throws in the 2006 Finals. Outcome: TheMavs win the title, and as defending champs, maybe that added luster saves them from getting embarrased by the Warriors the next year.

...Lakers fans: Someone gets a rebound in Game 6 of the 2006 first round and Tim Thomas never makes that game-tying three. Outcome: a LA vs.LA second round, and beyond? But this hasn't wrecked an entire era like the moments above. Things couldn't have turned out much better for the Lakers.

I am a huge believer that the course of events after these moments could've been seriously different. Would the defending champion Kings really have lostWebber to a knee injury? Would defending champ Mavs really be upset in the first round? Would defending champ Pacers really be undone by a massive brawl? Thoseevents could've been different in a different world, too...

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

stretch.jpg
frown.gif

This is a very easy question for me to answer:

I would alter the "Derek Jeter Play" in game 3 of the 2001 ALDS.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

If I can go back and alter that play, there is no doubt in my mind that the Oakland A's are the 2001 World Series Champions.

There are a lot of draft ones out there too. One of the more recent ones is ATL passing on CP3. Portland could also have held on to its pick and drafted him.ATL ends up with Marvin Williams, and POR basically turns its pick into Martell Webster. Imagine CP3 on POR or ATL right now, and you wouldn't even have tosubtract any major pieces. Matter of fact, POR could have had a core of CP3, BRoy, Durant and LaMarcus. And it's not even like a lot of things would havehad to happen differently for this to happen. CP3 had superstar written all over him, and Oden was a huge injury risk.

080623_05-Paul.widec.jpg

Originally Posted by MBen32

a_williams_vt.jpg

I remember this picture being in the paper the next day.

frown.gif

We should've repeated.

My girl at the time was a huge Terps fan... she was sooooooooooooooo happy I almost threw a danish in that *%#%% 's face the next am

tired.gif

...Lakers fans: Someone gets a rebound in Game 6 of the 2006 first round and Tim Thomas never makes that game-tying three. Outcome: a LA vs. LA second round, and beyond? But this hasn't wrecked an entire era like the moments above. Things couldn't have turned out much better for the Lakers.

mad.gif

Originally Posted by cgutta

terry1_673098c.jpg

i dont know how many of you are soccer fans, but this just broke my heart
frown.gif

Damn, that's a good one too. Felt horrible for JT, dude always goes all out and you know it killed him more than it would have other players to miss thatshot.

Back
Top Bottom