If you had an exta $5,000 What would yall do?

Were supposed to be getting a Holiday Bonus next month around ThanksGiving...last year full time employees received around $5,000. This year im full time and while the amount isnt confirmed...we are getting a bonus. Long story short, im pretty straight with bills and everything currently. I was thinking about fixing/getting a new car with this money, but it honestly can wait. Im thinking about investing some of the 5K or most....What would yall do? Whats the best way to flip it?
grin.gif

if you dont have any bills then just save if you dont have to spend it. your never going to know when you are really going to need it.

If you go to a dealership to get a car that would just be another bill I'd just go to an auction or hit up craigslist.

Find out how much you have after Uncle Sam claims his cut. Otherwise, nothing.
Overall I'm not a fan of planing with money haven't actually received yet. 

If you are straight with bills and everything i would probably just save most of it.  But it is a bonus...so reward yourself with something

Spoiler [+]
i want a fancy new mattress, but am going to settle for a memory foam mattress topper for about 200 bucks

Just put it in the damn bank. No need to spend it, nothing I want/need. No such thing as "extra" money either.

the xmas bonus from my job is tax free

i been lookin forward to it myself.
if you need to fix your car i say do that. a new car is more of a want. but i dunno your car, make, model.

5k is def a good down payment

life would be a lot nicer right now id pay my past due bills(comed,nicor,water & garbage) & put the rest away until i start christmas shopping

my xmas bonu8s at work is terrible. Be lucky to see $500

But if it was me.....
$2500 to pay off my college so they can gimme my damn diploma. $1000 to hook up my bachelor pad, $1000 towards a couple months rent. $200 on Strippers, $300 for myself.

Money would be gone in a weekend but would be worth it.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

man i need a job that gives bonuses like that...smh
I work for a private company that is contracted by US HUD. we sale HUD homes...but we get nice holiday bonuses only because we don't get cost of living wage increases like most companies. Like, the only way to get a wage increase to to get promoted.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom