If you want to see toughness in sports, look no further than Wayne Simmonds of the Flyers....

Ok...here's his weekend:

Saturday:

Takes a puck to the face and scores a goal...

I'll continue the thread in my next post...b/c I know YUKU is gonna +$%+ up the formatting...

bear w. me for a second...

Intermission interview after taking the puck to the face...

Sunday:

Bru-ha-ha vs. the Penguins in the 3rd period....

Simmonds squares off vs. Deryk Engelland...who is one of the best fighters in the NHL

Monday:

what he looks like...

34hg7.png

NHL's #1 star of the week
pimp.gif

He's on one of my least favorite teams, but he's one of my favorite players in the league...dude personifies toughness. Hell of a weekend for Simmonds, and I'm happy he's really hit his stride in Philly. BAWSE.

eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
but 
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif
...we loved him in LA, and the fact that he has more goals and points than Mike Richards 
tired.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hockey is the grittiest sport by FAR !

This guy is a beast
pimp.gif
But that Engelland fellow looked like he had some hands
laugh.gif

'Toughest' team sport there is

Getting stitches and medical treatment on the bench so you can get in your next shift is insane

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

So he was fighting the next day with a broken nose?

Or he didn't break it?

Nose wasnt broken....took 7 stitches on the bridge of his nose and under his eye.

Back in Feb, he took 25 stitches (and lost 2 teeth) when a puck hit him in the face in PREGAME warm-ups....went back out that same night and scored 2 goals. 

this is niketalk,  it's inevitable people are going to come in here dissing hockey even though they have no clue about the sports.

i wish simmonds was still on the kings.

Hockey players have got to be some of the toughest athletes in the world.

Last week Tanner Glass took a slap shot off his foot early in the 2nd period. He finished the game but after it was revealed he had a broken foot. Dude played half a game with a broken foot
pimp.gif

don't really follow hockey...

is this guy a known/good player?

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

don't really follow hockey...

is this guy a known/good player?

Hockey fans know of him....and he's a good player (27 goals on the year).  He's young and should have a nice career going forward....he's fun as hell to watch play because he goes 100% EVERY shift on the ice.  Dude will drop the gloves and is nice w. the hands.  Don't judge him from the vid, because he was trying to protect his face....I'll post up some of his fight vids later on. 

yes. in the vid it looks like he got washed... not the case

he did take a big one to the chin that slumped him for a minute but at the end he was pushin off and lettin engell throw blows and jus rollin wit them, jerkin his head back made it look like they were actually hurting him... nope. he jus didnt wanna tie engell up and let him face wash him and reopen the stitches n put pressure on that nose... rather exchange haymakers
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I always thought he was like 6'7, am I wrong?

He's 6'2"

maybe ur thinking of Peter Worrell??

worrell.jpg

6'6"

He hasn't been in the league for a minute tho

laugh.gif
Clarkson.

Peter Worrell, I haven't heard that name in a long time.

I still wish he would have ripped Darcy Tucker's head off outside of that locker room in Tampa.  Same with that piece of %#@! Chris Gratton.  I'll never forget that Niedermayer incident.

Damn, he is tough. The NHL hasn't made visors mandatory yet?

Not to change the direction of the thread or anything, but for black America to get interested in hockey it's going to take a POLARIZING black player to play the sport. My hometown team, the Thrashers had 6 (or 7?) black players last season and I'm certain very few black people in Atlanta knew that. I'm a casual fan of hockey and I enjoy and understand the sport, but I hate that many black people pay little attention to this great sport.

Back
Top Bottom