If Your Child Wants To Become The Opposite Sex At A Very Early Age...What Would You Do?

I can never come up with an answer to this...

If you go one way you risk scaring your child for life... If you go the other way you risk your child hating himself due to the ridicule he will receive from peers. It is one thing for an adult to handle people making fun of them, but as a child you don't know what kind of damage the ridicule is doing to him..

It is a damned if you do... Damned if you don't... To the up most degree on whatever your course of actions is..

Most of you guys say you'd put the kid up for adoption. In this situation, if it were actually YOUR own child, you guys would definitely choose other options than giving your child away.

Most of you guys say you'd put the kid up for adoption. In this situation, if it were actually YOUR own child, you guys would definitely choose other options than giving your child away.

A child that young has no idea what they want and the life altering side effects of their decisions.... At eight years old i wanted to be a cowgirl? You think my parents bought me a horse and sent me to a farm? NO. & thank God they didn't. I would just wait it out and show them the perks of being whatever they were born. BTW...i really dont understand why people want sex changes.. no matter what they will never BE the opposite sex all their parts will look half ***. Why would you want half *** parts when you had the real thing?

A child that young has no idea what they want and the life altering side effects of their decisions.... At eight years old i wanted to be a cowgirl? You think my parents bought me a horse and sent me to a farm? NO. & thank God they didn't. I would just wait it out and show them the perks of being whatever they were born. BTW...i really dont understand why people want sex changes.. no matter what they will never BE the opposite sex all their parts will look half ***. Why would you want half *** parts when you had the real thing?

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

I'd do whatever I can to keep my child happy. If they're born with gender dysphoria I'll accept the fact that they identify with the opposite sex and try to help them achieve the goal of being the opposite sex. I'd much rather have a happy transgender child than one that would grow up uncomfortable and depressed which could eventually lead to suicide. I can deal with my child being transgender but I could not deal with my child being unhappy and killing themselves.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

I'd do whatever I can to keep my child happy. If they're born with gender dysphoria I'll accept the fact that they identify with the opposite sex and try to help them achieve the goal of being the opposite sex. I'd much rather have a happy transgender child than one that would grow up uncomfortable and depressed which could eventually lead to suicide. I can deal with my child being transgender but I could not deal with my child being unhappy and killing themselves.

Originally Posted by dreaface

The children in the documentary want to become mothers/fathers.
Is that really too much to ask out of life(even though they are very young) as opposed to becoming a cowgirl?
In regards to the last part of your post, I can't answer that but maybe she can.

Originally Posted by dreaface

The children in the documentary want to become mothers/fathers.
Is that really too much to ask out of life(even though they are very young) as opposed to becoming a cowgirl?
In regards to the last part of your post, I can't answer that but maybe she can.

See there has to some type of failing in parenting and raising the child if they're already seriously thinking about having children at such a young age in the first place. Shouldn't even be on their minds like that.

The whole concept and issue to me seems to be a very environmental and societal problem and cause.

See there has to some type of failing in parenting and raising the child if they're already seriously thinking about having children at such a young age in the first place. Shouldn't even be on their minds like that.

The whole concept and issue to me seems to be a very environmental and societal problem and cause.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

How is that a failing in parenting?
If your son/daughter asked you how they were born, would you tell them a made up story or the real thing?
Is wanting to have children in the future really too much to ask for out of life as opposed to other things kids want at a young age?

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

How is that a failing in parenting?
If your son/daughter asked you how they were born, would you tell them a made up story or the real thing?
Is wanting to have children in the future really too much to ask for out of life as opposed to other things kids want at a young age?

@the last 2 posts.
I don't think any of those options are possible.

@the last 2 posts.
I don't think any of those options are possible.

Since nobody wants to say it, I will. I think a main reason why a parent would be upset in this situation is because they probably would feel embarrassed by their child. Once the word gets out, the parent is going to have to answer questions. Ok, we see the elephant now.

Since nobody wants to say it, I will. I think a main reason why a parent would be upset in this situation is because they probably would feel embarrassed by their child. Once the word gets out, the parent is going to have to answer questions. Ok, we see the elephant now.

Back
Top Bottom