If your ipod could only hold 5 SONGS...

what would they be

Bob Marley - Is This Love
Sam Cooke - A Change is Gonna Come
The Strokes - Someday
The Beatles - Hey Jude
The Ronettes - Be My Baby

i could not justify putting a rap song on this list. these are 5 songs i can listen to over and over in any order no problem. Songs just missing the listinclude P.Y.T. - Michael Jackson, Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel, Let's Stay Together - Al Green, and various Beatles, Beach Boys, OtisRedding, and Stevie Wonder songs

laugh.gif

Nobody answering the actual question, let me try this...

1. OutKast - Aquemini
2. NaS - No Ideas Original
3. NaS - Black Zombies
4. GangStarr - Speak Ya Clout
5. Jay - Can I Live

Ask me in 5 minutes it'll change completely.

the thing is theres too many people who claim to be music heads, but they can't even name 5 songs that they love more than others. Or just 5 songs that youcan listen to more times than any others, doesn't even have to be absolute favorites.

you know its ok to like songs more than other songs right? stop frontin acting like omg i cant pick 5 songs, theres just so many songs out there! please...

if you ask your favorite musician or artist, they will tell you 5 songs that are probably their favorites easily

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

the thing is theres too many people who claim to be music heads, but they can't even name 5 songs that they love more than others. Or just 5 songs that you can listen to more times than any others, doesn't even have to be absolute favorites.

you know its ok to like songs more than other songs right? stop frontin acting like omg i cant pick 5 songs, theres just so many songs out there! please...

if you ask your favorite musician or artist, they will tell you 5 songs that are probably their favorites easily

This has to be one of the stupidest arguments Ive ever read

the thing is theres too many people who claim to be music heads, but they can't even name 5 songs that they love more than others. Or just 5 songs that you can listen to more times than any others, doesn't even have to be absolute favorites.

eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

I'd die but for the sake of the thread

1. Jay-Z Allure
2. Outkast - Synthesizer
3. Killer Mike - God In The Building
4. Michael Jackson - This Place Hotel
5. Lupe Fiasco - Hip Hop Saved My Life

Originally Posted by philly5fan

no doubt then, but i still believe if you really truly know what music you like and you are a smart music fan you should be able to single out 5 songs that youfeel you can listen to over and over, for whatever reason.

Originally Posted by philly5fan

no doubt then, but i still believe if you really truly know what music you like and you are a smart music fan you should be able to single out 5 songs that you feel you can listen to over and over, for whatever reason.
It's still a weak argument.

As for me, I'd just put Miles Davis - Kind of Blue or either of Voxtrot's first two EPs on there.

DMX - Ninjas Done Started Somethin
Dr. Dre - Let Me Ride
Mobb Deep - Animal Insticnt
Prodigy - Diamond
The Lox - Can I Live

meh, i dont buy it. im not asking you to tell me what the 5 greatest songs in the history of songs are. im asking for a personal top 5 songs you can listen toat any time. saying you can't do it just shows me, in my eyes, how you listen to music and what shapes your tastes.

Raekwon f Ghostface Killah - Rainy Dayz
Jay-Z - D'evils
Michael Jackson - Human Nature
Outkast - Crumblin Erb
A Tribe Called Quest - Electric Relaxation

here goes at 1:30 CST...

Jay-Z In my Lifetime Remix
John Mayer- Gravity
Biggie Smalls- Ur nobody till sumbody Kills U
T.I.-Still Aint forgave myself
Cold Play-42

Bob James - Nautilus
Kid Cudi - Cudi Zone
Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven
George Gershwin - Rhapsody In Blue
Outkast - Southernplayalistic

Nas- Memory Lane
Lauryn Hill- Ex Factor
John Mayer- Slow Dancing in a burning room
Kanye West- Home
Ice Cube-It was a good day

Souls of Mischief- 93 til' Infinity
Biggie- Juicy
Lupe Fiasco - Hip Hop Saved My Life
Common- I Used to Love H.E.R.
Hieroglyphics feat Goapele- Make Your Move

nas- 2nd childhood

t.i.- let me tell u somethin

mos def- mathmatics

jayz- girls, girls, girls

kanye- roses

kiss from a rose -seal
human nature- MJ
sailing- Christopher Cross
yamo be there- Micheal Mcdonald
Midas Touch - Midnite Starr

Gap Band - Early in The Morning

Billy Paul - War of the Gods

Fela Kuti - C.B.B

Cherelle ft. Alexander O'Neal - Saturday Love

Fela Kuti - Trouble Sleep Yanga Wake Am

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

kiss from a rose -seal
Midas Touch - Midnite Starr

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

meh, i dont buy it. im not asking you to tell me what the 5 greatest songs in the history of songs are. im asking for a personal top 5 songs you can listen to at any time. saying you can't do it just shows me, in my eyes, how you listen to music and what shapes your tastes.
Or maybe, it's too hard to single out 10,000 other songs and not be able to listen to them while you're moving ever again.
eyes.gif

As for me... for now...

Rain - Memory In My Hands
Kaz Kyzah - If You Want To
Akia - California (Hip Hop Remix)
Nas - If I Ruled The World
New Boyz - Tie Me Down (Don't front you know this
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
is fire
laugh.gif
)

Back