laugh.gif

My 5:

Jay-Z - Allure
Jodeci - Cry For You
Webbie - Six 12's (
laugh.gif
)
Lauryn Hill - Ex-Factor

And a Sade song. Can't decide which one.

That's how I feel today, though...

The Message-GrandMaster Flash
Public Enemy-Black Steel In The Hour Of Chaos
Boogie Down Production-Criminal Minded
Eric B. & Rakim-Lyircs Of Furry
A Tribe Called Quest-Lyrics To Go

Stevie Wonder- Isn't she lovely
Stevie Wonder- For once in my life
Michael Jackson- Human Nature
Jay-Z- Money Ain't a Thang
Jason Mraz- Ain't got no Dope

Wu tang triumph
Common- i used to love her
Kc and jojo- life
prince- i would die for you
john mayer covered in rain

Im not content with this list, theres no way you could ever pick five songs you'd put on, thats why we have 120 GB ipods. No matter how much you love asong, listen to it enough and you will be come tired of it.

Just off the top of my head, with no true thought put into the question:

N*E*R*D - Provider
Kanye West - All Falls Down
Dr. Dre - Nuthin but a G Thang
The Doors - Riders on the Storm
Johann Strauss II - Die Fledermaus

The Beatles- While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Pink Floyd- Wish You Were Here
Jay-Z- Dead Presidents II
The Clash- London Calling
Lupe Fiasco- Failure

For now....

Stupid question, you might think that you have five songs that you can listen to over and over again without getting sick of them. But after maybe a week ortwo (probably less), you WILL get sick of them. Honestly, go try it out if y'all are so sure.

Kanye - All Falls Down
Lupe - The Coolest
BIG - Gimme the Loot
Outkast - Roses
Jay - Heart of the City

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Stupid question, you might think that you have five songs that you can listen to over and over again without getting sick of them. But after maybe a week or two (probably less), you WILL get sick of them. Honestly, go try it out if y'all are so sure.
not true. i've been listening to some Michael Jackson and Nas songs over and over for years, and i've yet to get tired of them.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Stupid question, you might think that you have five songs that you can listen to over and over again without getting sick of them. But after maybe a week or two (probably less), you WILL get sick of them. Honestly, go try it out if y'all are so sure.
not true. i've been listening to some Michael Jackson and Nas songs over and over for years, and i've yet to get tired of them.
He meant continuously, like every single day.

Originally Posted by 13saldana13

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

Originally Posted by philly5fan

the thing is theres too many people who claim to be music heads, but they can't even name 5 songs that they love more than others. Or just 5 songs that you can listen to more times than any others, doesn't even have to be absolute favorites.

you know its ok to like songs more than other songs right? stop frontin acting like omg i cant pick 5 songs, theres just so many songs out there! please...

if you ask your favorite musician or artist, they will tell you 5 songs that are probably their favorites easily

This has to be one of the stupidest arguments Ive ever read

no doubt then, but i still believe if you really truly know what music you like and you are a smart music fan you should be able to single out 5 songs that you feel you can listen to over and over, for whatever reason.

Well I know what music I like and I definitely analyze music and listen to it in smart way, and it appears almost everyone else in here are the same way. Your responses make it you sound like a music elitist, what makes you a smarter music head than others?
lol aight i mean i don't think im a "music elitist" or whatever i just think its silly when people say they can't choose. i dothink that when someone says that it's impossible to pick, they are not listening to music how they should be. a good true fan of music should havefavorite songs...whether its for personal reasons or otherwise. i feel it makes you more well rounded in your appreciation for music and actually makes youcome off more intelligent whn talking music with someone, instead of copping out and saying there's so many songs out there i cant decide. feel me?

the question is about 5 songs you can throw on at any time and be comfortable with only those songs. whats so hard about taht

UGK - Murder
Jay Z - What More Can I Say?
Nas - One Mic
Scarface - Guess Who's Back
Michael Jackson - Rock With You

For The Good Times- Al Green
Let's Get It On- Marvin gaye
My One & Only Lover- Gregory Isaacs
Waiting In Vain- Bob Marley
Livin' That Life- RBL Posse

Originally Posted by 13saldana13

Originally Posted by philly5fan

the thing is theres too many people who claim to be music heads, but they can't even name 5 songs that they love more than others. Or just 5 songs that you can listen to more times than any others, doesn't even have to be absolute favorites.

you know its ok to like songs more than other songs right? stop frontin acting like omg i cant pick 5 songs, theres just so many songs out there! please...

if you ask your favorite musician or artist, they will tell you 5 songs that are probably their favorites easily

This has to be one of the stupidest arguments Ive ever read

no doubt then, but i still believe if you really truly know what music you like and you are a smart music fan you should be able to single out 5 songs that you feel you can listen to over and over, for whatever reason.

Well I know what music I like and I definitely analyze music and listen to it in smart way, and it appears almost everyone else in here are the same way. Your responses make it you sound like a music elitist, what makes you a smarter music head than others?
lol aight i mean i don't think im a "music elitist" or whatever i just think its silly when people say they can't choose. i do think that when someone says that it's impossible to pick, they are not listening to music how they should be. a good true fan of music should have favorite songs...whether its for personal reasons or otherwise. i feel it makes you more well rounded in your appreciation for music and actually makes you come off more intelligent whn talking music with someone, instead of copping out and saying there's so many songs out there i cant decide. feel me?

the question is about 5 songs you can throw on at any time and be comfortable with only those songs. whats so hard about taht
The problem with me is the number 5, why 5? I like atleast 50 songs like the ones you described. I hate making lists so these questions annoy me.No offense though, thanks for clearing up my thoughts of you.

NAS - NY STATE OF MIND
JAY Z - DEAD PRESIDENTS
BIGGIE - READY TO DIE
WU TANG - CREAM
BIG PUN - TWINZ (DEEP COVER)

coldplay-speed of sound
BIG-juicy
Kanye-through the wire
one republic-say
depeche mode-precious

i think, but this is hard....

1. Warren G-Regulators