If your the New England Patriots...do you Trade Tom Brady?

Assuming he gets healthy.

I have heard some rumors about it.

The "Patriot Dynasty" seems to be going down. They got old quick. Trading Brady for some picks and players could benefit them more then keeping him Ithink. I still think he will be really good when he comes back. But you can't doubt you would get a lot for him. There would be a team that would takehim.

Now them actually trading him....

Assuming he is healthy?

No chance.

Dynasty is not going down, they just went 11-5 and can be right back in it next year.

O.K., I'm the New England Patriots.

Am I stupid? Or am I smart?

Hell No. Trade Cassell nice bargaring tool now. And he'll want out after the performance he show'd the league this year

roll.gif

don't even get me started

no. he's only 32. obviously he needs to be healthy enough.

as far as dynasty going down. until they become a perennial non-playoff/sub-500 team and/or some other team becomes the dominant team (nobody has), they'restill pretty much up there

Nobody in the NFL is untouchable for the right offer.

Do I trade Tom for a #1 pick? No.

Do I trade Tom for 2 #1 picks? Probably no.

Do I trade Tom for 3 #1 picks, a second and a fourth? Yes, goodbye Tom.

Thas just me though

Either he or Cassell has got to go. Belichick had the balls to go with Brady over Bledsoe after that huge contract he got, so it wouldn't surprise me ifthey dealt Brady. I definitely see one of them making an exit, and if the talks about them franchising Cassell turn out to be true, then obviously Brady is onthe trading block.

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

uhhhh no....Tom Brady is gonna end his career with New England

I wouldn't go that far just yet, but there's still no way they should trade him right now. With today's technological advances his knee will belike it's fresh out of the box eventually.

dont get it twisted...cassel being franchised isn't because he's the future qb for good in NE, it's so we can get something in return for himinstead of just letting some team sign him. as well as the health ? for 2009 regarding brady

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

uhhhh no....Tom Brady is gonna end his career with New England

that's a little much, not all great qbs finish with the team they started with

and if the talks about them franchising Cassell turn out to be true, then obviously Brady is on the trading block.
No he's not. It's because there's a decent chance Brady won't be ready at the beginning of next season. And like Deadset saidCassel has some value right now and the Pats don't want to just let him walk.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Assuming he is healthy?

No chance.

Dynasty is not going down, they just went 11-5 and can be right back in it next year.

that 11-5 was a product of the easy schedule, look what happened when they played the playoff teams

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

that 11-5 was a product of the easy schedule, look what happened when they played the playoff teams
You can't be serious with yours?
roll.gif

laugh.gif
At everyone crying over the thought.

Let's say Philly gets blasted and they lose it and decide to cut ties with McNabb.

They want Brady.

You can trade Tom to an NFC team, only havin to face him once every four years, and possibly in the super bowl if you are both lucky enough to get there. Theyoffer you both their first rounders this year. They offer you a 4th this year. And they'll give you their 1st next year as well as a 3rd. That's thepackage. (add a pick, take one away whatever depending on how the values match up)

You let Tom go at what is he 17 mil a year? 15? Whatever. Sign Cassell at 10. Take the extra 5 mil and pick up a free agent or two on D.

You now have 3 picks in the first round this year, and 2 all set for next year, plus an extra second or third (depending on your trade)

You are talking about the possibility of adding 6-7 players to a team that was 11-5. You have now infused youth throughout your franchise on both offense anddefense. And you'll only have to suffer Tom's wrath once in the next 6 years or so.
laugh.gif

How is that a bad move?

Anyone can be traded at the right price. If you got that deal I just laid out, you sayin no to that?

Back
Top Bottom