If your the New England Patriots...do you Trade Tom Brady?

050202_tom_brady_vmed.widec.jpg

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Assuming he is healthy?

No chance.

Dynasty is not going down, they just went 11-5 and can be right back in it next year.

that 11-5 was a product of the easy schedule, look what happened when they played the playoff teams
like the cardinals?
laugh.gif

nah i know what you're saying tho. but to be fair, with brady, thomas, and harrison all on IR...there wasn't much we were doing season. 11-5 was ashock to me, even with the easy schedule.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
At everyone crying over the thought.

Let's say Philly gets blasted and they lose it and decide to cut ties with McNabb.

They want Brady.

You can trade Tom to an NFC team, only havin to face him once every four years, and possibly in the super bowl if you are both lucky enough to get there. They offer you both their first rounders this year. They offer you a 4th this year. And they'll give you their 1st next year as well as a 3rd. That's the package. (add a pick, take one away whatever depending on how the values match up)

You let Tom go at what is he 17 mil a year? 15? Whatever. Sign Cassell at 10. Take the extra 5 mil and pick up a free agent or two on D.

You now have 3 picks in the first round this year, and 2 all set for next year, plus an extra second or third (depending on your trade)

You are talking about the possibility of adding 6-7 players to a team that was 11-5. You have now infused youth throughout your franchise on both offense and defense. And you'll only have to suffer Tom's wrath once in the next 6 years or so.
laugh.gif

How is that a bad move?

Anyone can be traded at the right price. If you got that deal I just laid out, you sayin no to that?
if the franchising rumor is true then cassel should be getting 14mil... what is it?? the average of top 4 qb's right?... so keep cassel untilbrady is FULLY recovered.... see if he can play... then trade cassel for some good players... then get another back up for brady.. "if they are just aproduct of a system".... then the back up should be fine if brady is injured again...

Originally Posted by ReliantJ

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

that 11-5 was a product of the easy schedule, look what happened when they played the playoff teams
You can't be serious with yours?
roll.gif
The East was more difficult than last year
laugh.gif
But Bill Walsh would have.
i was about the dynasty patriots.this 11-5 team is no where near that. and they didnt run through that schedule like it seems

If you trade Brady, then you wouldn't HAVE to franchise Cassell. You could simply offer him the deal to stay put and the job would be his alone. He'dhave Randy, Welker, and Bill, no other team can offer that to him. That is where you might be able to go from 14 down to 10 and still be savin money becauseyou no longer have Brady's contract.

You won't get NEARLY the amount in value for Cassell that you could for Brady. Not even close.

Originally Posted by CP1708

If you trade Brady, then you wouldn't HAVE to franchise Cassell. You could simply offer him the deal to stay put and the job would be his alone. He'd have Randy, Welker, and Bill, no other team can offer that to him. That is where you might be able to go from 14 down to 10 and still be savin money because you no longer have Brady's contract.

You won't get NEARLY the amount in value for Cassell that you could for Brady. Not even close.
i def. see your point man, but brady is the face of the franchise in a way. if it was any other player on the team, i think the owners andmanagement would see it just the way you do. but it's the guy who turned this franchise into what it is (bledsoe got it going, but brady took it over thehump). you can't trade a dude like that, yet. not yet....

lol If Brady misses all of next season, then maybe. But until that happens or the team starts sucking #!!, you're crazy for thinking this. Calm downchicken little.

No because Cassell isnt truly proven yet remember Derek Anderson and Vince Young? Guys can be one year wonders. Also Tom Brady will still be great for at lesatanother 5 years.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

No because Cassell isnt truly proven yet remember Derek Anderson and Vince Young? Guys can be one year wonders. Also Tom Brady will still be great for at lesat another 5 years.
Yea but like CP said. If the chance presents itself where a team will trade a lot. Like #1 picks.

I think you may want to pull the trigger.

If you're the Pats, you have to at least consider the option after how well Cassell played. But as was said, there is no guarantee Cassell wasn't a oneyear wonder. Also, I don't think New England gets sufficient value in a trade for a guy coming off of (multiple) major knee surgery. At the end of the day,I think Brady stays put at least another year.

Back
Top Bottom