IIIs, XIs, and XX3s = most groundbreaking Jordans

When in comes down to it, the III, the XI, and the XX3 are the three models that changed sneakers forever. Obviously the III was the first real individualsignature shoe ever, and introduced tumbled leather and elephant print to the game. The XI was obviously revolutionized the game with the first use of patentleather (now its hard to find sneakers w/o it!), and the carbon fiber plate, creating the most sturdy shoe ever. Now the XX3 comes out including that verysame carbon fiber, but a revolutionary design and mode of production. The XX3s pretty much blow what was possible with sneakers out of the water with the useof the panels and stitching et al. I love most Jordans, but when it comes down to it, these three are not only the most significant in Jordan / sneakerhistory, they are also my three favorite to wear. Anyhow, just thought I'd share my thoughts...

These are my top 3 favourites too...

We are currently right in the middle of history being made with the XX3s as we speak... this shoe will be legendary

Love all of those, especially the XX3s, but you gotta include the Is as well in a list like this. Red and black CW - flamboyant for that time period. Startedthe whole Jordan craze to begin with....

i have to agree they are the 3 that spring to mind when i think of air jordans, but i think the Is through to XIV, XX3 and then to a lesser extent XV-XX2 alllead the sneaker world at the time of their release. but in 15-20 years the XX3 will be seen as the ultimate jordan imo

I WOULD SAY III & XI FOR THE FACT THAT HE WAS STILL IN NBA..
XX3 ARE NICE NOT AS COMPARED TO III'S & XX3'S..
WELL THATS MY OPENION..

The 23's aint groundbreaking ,there just A GIMICK,
to force more money out your pocket for half *** shoes...........

I agree, in addition, both the III and XI were followed by great additions to the Jordan brand. Unfortunately it looks like JB is not going to have the samesuccess with the predecessor of the XXIII(the Air Jordan 2009...early pics look very unimpressive).

d54366db4d3c0f5868b5efc89ac98ccffba5ddd7.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
VI are my favorite follow by the
2d33641b4d520ca166a3e8269cc78408b02a6bf9.jpg
then
200266d43a0a7671ef89348bd13c34fd36771f44.png
pimp.gif

The XVs were groundbreaking. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . for HORRIBLE a__ design ! ! !

COOK # 45
Esse quam videri.

Originally Posted by westhellthug

those are some great shoes but u cant forget about the 13s wit the holographic bubble

Don't forget about the VIIs. The very first Air Jordan without NIKE AIR visible on the outside. Not to mention it's one of my favorites.

Originally Posted by Rafool

those are some great shoes but u cant forget about the 13s wit the holographic bubble

Don't forget about the VIIs. The very first Air Jordan without NIKE AIR visible on the outside. Not to mention it's one of my favorites.
and that changed how basketball shoes were made how? Don't get me wrong, that was a big step for Nike Air Jordan to become Jordan Brand butthat didn't change how basketball shoes were made. just saying.

Originally Posted by marqueemark

I WOULD SAY III & XI FOR THE FACT THAT HE WAS STILL IN NBA..
XX3 ARE NICE NOT AS COMPARED TO III'S & XX3'S..
WELL THATS MY OPENION..
smh.gif

^^ right. The XIIIs are cool, but didn't change the industry.

I agree, with ripcity, when all is said and done, down the road, the XX3 will be looked upon as the pinnacle.
And the IIIs as the ultimate classic that started it all.
And the XIs as the model that have the industry a swift kick forward.

yeah, thats the first time I seen a shoe with a hologram. but as far as groundbreaking. yes, 3's, 11's, and 23's...but then you can't forgetthe 5's, with the reflective tounge. and the clear netting and clear sole. but my 2 favorite jordans of all time are the 6's and 11's...

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

Originally Posted by Rafool

and that changed how basketball shoes were made how? Don't get me wrong, that was a big step for Nike Air Jordan to become Jordan Brand but that didn't change how basketball shoes were made. just saying.

You're right there. But what I meant was that it was a step towards Jordan Brand to make a name for itself and becoming its own company. IMO I think it wasimportant to the brand. I know it didn't help out by making the shoes better but I just think it was important for the company to become independent or itwouldn't be where it is today. Idk that's just what I feel.

I been rockin js since 88 and I will always love the 3s and the white cement 4s.I now have the same love for the XX3's that I have for those.All jordansare legendary but these three will always have a special place with me.

EVERYONE HAS A DIFFERENT VIEW..........I WOULD INCLUDE THE VI'S WITH ALL OF THOSE....................

I'm with you dude. But my three faves have to be the VII, III, and the XX3. The VIII's would be next in line though.

Back
Top Bottom