5's
6's
11's
13's
16's
xx3's

all are
pimp.gif

I think the Air Jordan II was the most groundbreaking shoe in the series for several reasons:
- First NIKE shoe without a swoosh
- Not a variation of any existing shoe
- Established numerical series (the original Air Jordan was not named "1" when released).
- First to use minimal, modern aesthetic (simple, clean upper)
- First to use "luxury" materials (embosssed lizard)

The AJ1 shoe was not groundbreaking in and of itself, but the marketing was.
THE AJ3 and AJ4 were essentially the same shoe (a variation of the Air Flight Low )

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I think the idea of what's "groundbreaking" gets thrown around too often. Generally, a shoe is groundbreaking WHEN and IF it stands the test of time for something previously not seen before.

AJ III, AJ V, AJ XI, and AJ XX3 are the groundbreaking Jordans in the game.

AJ III- First to incorporate tumbled leather, elephant print, and the now world famous Jumpman. Was it groundbreaking enough? You betcha! There are plenty of shoes that have taken elements of the Jordan 3 over the years to prove it!

AJ V- First sneaker with a 3m reflective tongue, and translucent rubber soles (first of a kind). Look at the sneaker game today. 3m has been seen in small traces on kicks like the Penny 2's, DJ Clark Kent series and more...not to mention articles of clothing

AJ XI- Contrary to what others may believe it isn't the first shoe to have patent leather on it. But it IS the first shoe to have a carbon fiber plate installed which is still used today. Also the patent leather around the shoe made the shoes look very stylish and was the first Jordan I could remember that looked good with formal attire.

AJ XX3- If you don't know why this shoe is groundbreaking then something is definitely wrong with you. There's plenty of information on these shoes this year so really no need to explain.

The AJ 1 could be viewed as revolutionary being the shoe to start it all off for JB. But there have been shoes before it that looked similar to it. If anything the AJ 1 remixed some of the older Nike basketball shoes before it into (at the time) obnoxious colorways (black/red).

AJ XIII's in my mind do not make the cut. I haven't seen a shoe that has used the hologram idea yet....(could be wrong though)

AJ VIII's don't make it either. Air Raids inspired the strap element on these kicks although I do think the AJ 8 did it better.

I could list more...but that's enough.
laugh.gif

QFT..
pimp.gif

Jordan I , III, XI, XX3
id hafta agree with you and just add the jordan i as the four most influential jordans

Gotta agree those three were ground breakin with out a doubt, LOL at first i thought this thread was about a new mash combining the iii,xi,and xx3, i wouldprobably throw the xx on there too....

Whether or not a product is groundbreaking depends upon the depth and breadth of its impact. And usually the best measure of that is over a period of years,not months, when other models have been introduced and you can see what those shoes have/have not offered in response to the "groundbreaking" shoe inquestion.

III's groundbreaking? Yes.

XI's? Yes.

XX3's? No.

1). How a shoe is constructed doesn't make the shoe groundbreaking. It makes the method of construction groundbreaking.

2). XX3's release was approximately 10 months ago. It's just a little too early to start measuring the legacy of this shoe. Try back in no less than 5years from now (see opening statement).

Yes, the XX3 has a patterned upper that really has not been done elsewhere before.

Aside from that however, it's difficult to hand any level of transcendence to the XX3. Its materials, fit, and performance haven't exactly set a newgold standard. Frankly, hype sold the shoe more than anything the shoe itself had to offer (but that's been happening at least since XVI, so nothing newthere).

If someone wants to deem XX3 groundbreaking, by all means do so. Everyone does have an opinion and a right to it.

But mentioning it alongside tried-and-true classics like III and XI, whose impact has been seen and attested to by the masses for years now, is ratherpremature and out of focus imo.

ITS BEEN SAID BEFORE THAT MANY JORDANS WERE GROUNDBREAKING FOR HAVING THE FIRST "THIS' OR THEFIRST "THAT"....

III'S HEIGHT WITH CEMENT AND OTHER STUFF
IV'S WINGS AND SOMETHING WITH THE UPPERS
V'S NET AND A HALF CLEAR BOTTOM WITH THAT TOUNGUE
VI'S PULL TABS AND OTHER STUFF
XI'S PATENT LEATHER CARBON FIBER PLATE/SHANK

ETC...

XX3s aren't as groundbreaking as some of the other shoes that people have mentioned. It's damn near '09 and y'all think because of thestitching and that it was made without glue that it's revolutionary? This shoe could've been made 10 years ago.

If your talking as far as appeal of the III's yes, but for materials and technology the II change how the shoes were made foam material, different leathermaterials and rubber. Now when Mr. Hatfield came in with the III's taking the foam and air unit mixed with softer leather, this is the shoe that made mikefly..... XI's came from the kitchen unexpected. XX3's are what they have come to after years of innovating has put the Brand in league of its own...

THE XX3'S THAT WERE RELEASE ON THE BLACK FRIDAY DEFENETLY CHANGE MY MIND ABOUT THE XX3'S
now they are the best jordans after the 11 and 12 in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom