iLoveMakonnen ? vol. all in young thug's lane (prod. by metro boomin)

A barber turned rapper, I'd be surprised. But a hair dresser turned rapper.... nothing to be surprised about. 
laugh.gif

If he was smart, he woulda came out as soon as Tuesday blew up. Now he's doing it to salvage his stagnant career.

Prolly didn't want the "gay rapper" **** to be his storyline 

Truth is he kinda ****** up letting Drake blow Tuesday up like that. He's more of a experimental underground type rapper and didn't have the fanbase (or music) outside of the underground to sustain the buzz from having a top 10-15 single. Now, to the mainstream he look like a 1 hit wonder when in reality his career shouldn't have went like that to begin with.

Same thing happened with Migos. _'s had Versace and then people was like aight now what? They started doing those Fight Night type tracks and tried to maintain the mainstream **** a lil but eventually people just kinda stopped caring cause they weren't real fans of them in the first place. They had to work hard as hell (which includes telling people they started dabbing and pipe it up as well as drastically changing their appearance
laugh.gif
) to get back to mainstream relevancy and exceed where they were at previously.

Prolly didn't want the "gay rapper" **** to be his storyline 

Truth is he kinda ****** up letting Drake blow Tuesday up like that. He's more of a experimental underground type rapper and didn't have the fanbase (or music) outside of the underground to sustain the buzz from having a top 10-15 single. Now, to the mainstream he look like a 1 hit wonder when in reality his career shouldn't have went like that to begin with.

Same thing happened with Migos. _'s had Versace and then people was like aight now what? They started doing those Fight Night type tracks and tried to maintain the mainstream **** a lil but eventually people just kinda stopped caring cause they weren't real fans of them in the first place. They had to work hard as hell (which includes telling people they started dabbing and pipe it up as well as drastically changing their appearance :lol: ) to get back to mainstream relevancy and exceed where they were at previously.

Facts ain't even the word......

My man str8drop str8drop ain't never told a lie

Wasn't people calling him moist from the jump?

He's the perfect example of the Drake cosign not always being a thing. Drake took over his song and nobody give a damn about him.

He's the perfect example of the Drake cosign not always being a thing. Drake took over his song and nobody give a damn about him.
he got a grammy nod and a hit song that will be getting him ascap checks and booked for bar mitzvahs until he's 73. all because of a drake co-sign.

Last edited:
he got a grammy nod and a hit song that will be getting him ascap checks and booked for bar mitzvahs until he's 73. all because of a drake co-sign.
Lol ppl ignore that part. Don't even get me started on future.

Anyways good thing OVO dropped this bum

He's not even getting booked now and it's not like that song is playing in movie trailers. Those $4.42 checks next year he gets per week won't keep him warm.

The music he made post OVO is better but he's a niche artist. He should have never signed.

Didn't get dropped, Warner Bros bought his contract out. Now he's just on Warner Bros instead of OVO/Warner Bros.

Last edited:
Because he did hair he's gay? Some of ya'll cats don't be in the hood, haven't been in a barbershop, or just trollin'...

There's an OG country cat at my barbershop that cuts guys hair but also does women's hair on the norm and be stickin' a couple of them, so that and the fact he's not out here trying to sound extra tough on the mic doesn't automatically make homie fufu. 

Whip It X Man of the party :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I already know Quavo's going to slaughter that remix feature somethin' serious.

I'm not a street cat or anything but in the hood I've seen plenty of dudes doing that as a side hustle, contrary to the majority of white America where if you're a male doing women's hair you're gay 95% of the time... It's really not that deep of a point to wrap your head around.

Now IceCity referencing his mannerisms and all that is understandable an a way more valid point then dudes clinging to the "doing hair" = reference.

He just dropped a track yesterday "Swimming In The Money"...

Joint goes and is the type of Makoneen flow I rock with. I don't care if he never makes another song again, that Drink More Water Vol. 4 and IloveMakoneen tape were flames from front to back.

@Larry David

His hit was gonna be a hit with or without your daddy. Just like all the songs Drake wave rides. And instead of it being his hit, Drake took it over.

His hit was gonna be a hit with or without your daddy. Just like all the songs Drake wave rides. And instead of it being his hit, Drake took it over.

Tuesday is one of the biggest examples of a Drake stimulus. Most radio stations cut Makonnen's verse and only played Drake's verse :lol:

Last edited:

U right future would sell out the garden by himself. He would also be nominated for best international act by himself too. And have a platinum album [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Quantify your claims pleghboi. Numbers don't lie [emoji]128556[/emoji]

U right future would sell out the garden by himself. He would also be nominated for best international act by himself too. And have a platinum album [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Quantify your claims pleghboi. Numbers don't lie [emoji]128556[/emoji]

Your Drake d riding is weird homie. :lol:

I never said Future would do all that. You brought up Future. :lol:

Future was on fire w/o Drake. That's why he begged to be on DS2 and why he jumped on Futures sound on WATTBA. You only catch on to things when Drake jumps on it, or 6 months after it's hot so it's pointless talking to you about what's hot or not is.

On the topic though Makonnen coulda built a real fan base by leaving that song to himself, instead he got a quick spotlight from fake fans that just ride with whats on the charts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom