Im 19 and about to have my own apartment.. FML

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Originally Posted by gORJESS

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Originally Posted by Carver

Your boyfriend of 3 years should move in..

Exactly... He's basically going to be living there anyways so you won't be alone.

He goes to school & lives in Jersey now so he believes it will be too much of a commute.

yea, thats what he told you.

Yeah dude is def smashing a rat similar to the mutant turtles mentor.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by milbert

I think it's kind of funny how in other threads most of you would be saying RIP if her boyfriend was moving in with her, yet in this case it's appropriate for him to move in? Sup with that?
And OP don't have your bf move in out of necessity, that's just asking for problems. Don't you have a best friend willing to move in?
To be honest, I have only two friends that i fully trust & think are responsible enough to move out. With that being said, one of them just had a shot gun wedding - so that counts her out & the other said she would move in if her boyfriend would be able to live with us. I get along with him great but I am not sure how i feel about it yet. I would not have the same level of comfort I would if it were just her and I.

Thats a definite no. You really want your friends to be smashing in your house?

To be honest, I have only two friends that i fully trust & think are responsible enough to move out. With that being said, one of them just had a shot gun wedding - so that counts her out & the other said she would move in if her boyfriend would be able to live with us. I get along with him great but I am not sure how i feel about it yet. I would not have the same level of comfort I would if it were just her and I.

Don't do it! That might just make things really awkward and if anything ever becomes a problem it makes it two (them) against one (you). Ifthey aren't living together now I don't see why him moving in with you guys would be a requirement for her to consider living with you.

If I were you I'd just try going it alone to sorta test yourself and see how you would handle it. If it really just isn't something you enjoy you canthen look to your friends again maybe, but at least explore the possibilities. That's what I would do at least.

ive lived on my own since i was 17 (im 21 soon). its the best EVER. sure, there are times where it gets lonely, but youll learn to deal with it. you havecomplete freedom and no one is up in your $*%@. this is not an FML situation, you should be grateful that your parents are funding it, other people would killto have that opportunity.

Oh okay I didn't read the entire thread, but I see that your boyfriend is far away.

I understand the thing about living with people you don't trust.

I say try it out alone and see what comes of it.

Like what are you scared of the most someone breaking in at night while you're alone.

If you're feeling lonely just call your man, or jump on here to past time or talk to a friend or something.

But, this is a blessing for you... all alone in NYC in an apartment for yourself... can't get any better than that.

I can tell you're not a party girl type so I doubt you'll be throwing parties at your pad like that, but enjoy yourself and live life you're only19... live it up, but be aware of your significant other.

You don't want to do something or live a certain lifestyle that would put your relationship in jeopardy if you care about him.

I think you're looking into this way to much.

Originally Posted by DJ bana

ive lived on my own since i was 17 (im 21 soon). its the best EVER. sure, there are times where it gets lonely, but youll learn to deal with it. you have complete freedom and no one is up in your $*%@. this is not an FML situation, you should be grateful that your parents are funding it, other people would kill to have that opportunity.

Yeah it does get lonely sometimes but you just have to keep yourself preoccupied and do something productive. Pick up a hobby or something. Trust me you aregoing to love the freedom that comes with living by yourself. You'll grow more by yourself than you can if you just relied on your parents all the time.

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

^who are you to determine that, though. Dont tell her not to do anything.
Oh the irony
laugh.gif

I'm giving my opinion not forcing her to do as I say.

Just stay in the apartment. I'm sure you'll get used to it.

Or you could always move in with your boyfriend if you're at that stage...

wat?!?!

i wud love the opportunity to live in NYC with FREE RENT.
take what you have now before you loose it

Sup niketalk, bored at work and pondering about an issue im going through maybe you guys can give me some advice.

I'm 19, turning 20 this December and due to a family emergency ( My uncle was diagnosed with ALS , bka Lou Gehrig's disease and has less than a year to live ) My parents decided they have to uproot and move from Queens, NYC to Boulder, Colorado to take care of him. I'm planning to go to F.I.T in spring and my entire life is here. My boyfriend of almost three years is here, my friends, everything. I have lived here since I was 6 months old.

My parents gave me the option of staying in our apartment and they said they will take care of all expenses until I can do so on my own or I can move with them to Colorado. I honestly do not want to go to Colorado. I don't know if this sounds selfish or not but I have plans for myself here. But on the other hand.. I don't want to live alone. I just get paranoid thinking about always coming home to an empty house. I'm not willing to find a roommate, because I think living with a stranger is even worse. The upside? Rent is under 800 for a two bedroom apartment in Astoria because of rent stabilization so it would be maintainable for me in the future, unlike anywhere else in this state.

What do you guys think?

i just donated money to find a cure for ALS. you can donate at ballyfitness.com and get a 14 day guest pass.

Sup niketalk, bored at work and pondering about an issue im going through maybe you guys can give me some advice.

I'm 19, turning 20 this December and due to a family emergency ( My uncle was diagnosed with ALS , bka Lou Gehrig's disease and has less than a year to live ) My parents decided they have to uproot and move from Queens, NYC to Boulder, Colorado to take care of him. I'm planning to go to F.I.T in spring and my entire life is here. My boyfriend of almost three years is here, my friends, everything. I have lived here since I was 6 months old.

My parents gave me the option of staying in our apartment and they said they will take care of all expenses until I can do so on my own or I can move with them to Colorado. I honestly do not want to go to Colorado. I don't know if this sounds selfish or not but I have plans for myself here. But on the other hand.. I don't want to live alone. I just get paranoid thinking about always coming home to an empty house. I'm not willing to find a roommate, because I think living with a stranger is even worse. The upside? Rent is under 800 for a two bedroom apartment in Astoria because of rent stabilization so it would be maintainable for me in the future, unlike anywhere else in this state.

What do you guys think?
I would live in NY. If your worried about being lonely, get a dog or something. If they pay your rent for a while, it gives u a chance to savemoney for future rent and you will already be good. Sure you might miss your parents, but ur basically an adult so you will be good.

I don't see what you're so worried about. having your own apt at the age of 19 living rent free? Isn't that every young adults dream is?

If you are worried about being home alone all the time, you can always bring friends over. Just find a roommate..

Originally Posted by J Burner

How is this an L? Your 19 and your parents are willing to pay for you to live in your own apartment....
It's different from girls.

For a guy, living alone is the greatest thing ever.

For girls it sucks because a lot of them are dependent on others and are scared when they are alone.

$800 for a 2-bedroom is almost unheard of anywhere!

There's nothing like having your own place, space, and stuff. I don't see what's wrong here? Your BF can stay on the weekends no?

Back
Top Bottom